Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What Mp3 Players are compatible with macs?

• 02-12-2005 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of getting an MP3 player. I know Ipods are compatible with Macs to transfer music, But I am looking for a cheaper mp3 player but I am struggling to find a player that is compatible.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Any that work as an external drive should work with mac. This goes against what you are asking in as far as price but if you can stretch to it you should go for an iAudio X5. Failing that any of the iAudio flash players (which start at around 129) will work with Mac.

www.iaudio.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

What I mean is, Most MP3 players on the market have software for PC's only and not Macs. Eg, The Phillips Jukebox has software on its cdrom for just PC's. Can you just plug the MP3 player in via USB and transfer like drag and drop?

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Yeah, a lot do only come with PC compatible software but if the player acts as an external drive you can just drag and drop your music. I use the iAudio X5 on a mac without any trouble. You create folders for your music on the mac and then copy them to the player.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭darraghrogan

a creative usb pendrive shaped one seems to integrate into itunes...

Darragh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

Got me x missus an Mpio FL100 off eBay a while back. Works fine with iTunes - shows up in the source list or she (I!!) can add tracks to the external SD card with a reader - got a 1gb for it. Probably worked out as much as an iPod shuffle but it has a radio and can record directly with a built in mic. Bout 3" high and 1 and half high. Neat piece of kit although there are probably 4 or 5 gb players out there now for the same price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭HomunQlus

iRiver players also work fine on a Mac, except that they don't show up in iTunes.

www.iriver.com

Advertisement