Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shotgun won't fire

Options
  • 22-09-2015 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭

So the front trigger/right barrel fires fine,

Back trigger/left barrel has stopped. When I pull the trigger, I can't feel any tension and the firing pin doesn't come out the small hole. No noise coming from inside the gun when the trigger is pulled.

Any idea what's wrong or how I could fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Deaf git

BrownTrout wrote: »
    So the front trigger/right barrel fires fine,

Back trigger/left barrel has stopped. When I pull the trigger, I can't feel any tension and the firing pin doesn't come out the small hole. No noise coming from inside the gun when the trigger is pulled.

Any idea what's wrong or how I could fix it?

Unless you know your stuff I'd suggest you find a gunsmith.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭shotie

id deff get a gunsmith to look at it, sounds like firing pin is gone to me

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Zenner

Sounds like one of the main springs could be gone. It will have to be striped to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

I concur..Broken main spring.Common enough and not the hardest to sort out...Depending on make of course.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭skipking

this happened to me years ago had to get it fixed in a gun shop. try firing the left barrel first as mine would fire
    the left and then the right, but not the right and then left.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭BrownTrout

skipking wrote:
    this happened to me years ago had to get it fixed in a gun shop. try firing the left barrel first as mine would fire the left and then the right, but not the right and then left.

Thanks lads, she's a double trigger lad, doesn't matter what order you fire them, left one won't fire.

seems like a trigger problem, get it looked at as i think the second barrel is cocked or your firing pin would be out
    and the gun would not close.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭FISMA.

Probably a bad spring or pin, as mentioned.
    BrownTrout wrote: »
    No noise coming from inside the gun when the trigger is pulled.

On the slight chance that there's some kind of stiction going on, a good clean wouldn't hurt. Free too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

As said its probably the spring, although it could be a number of things you need to have someone that knows what they are doing to look at it.

let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭BrownTrout

Sorted, it was a broken leaf spring

Advertisement