Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Yeah I don't think it's all going to sink in til I have a scan, and even then it might not sink in til feel baby moving etc.

OH is definitely coming, he made it real clear he wants to come to all the scans, he's very excited. He's not all gooey & gushy... but I would put money on him welling up at the scan.

Scan still booked for Friday, will be a day short of 9 weeks so hoping my dates are more or less correct.

Nausea seems to have worn off past few days. I got those Sea Band things from the chemist that you put on your wrists & they press on an acupressure point. They used to work when I was a kid & got travel sick in the car. They are doing their job on the train anyway, I can sit there reading the whole trio & not really get queasy.

Still gone off tea, coffee & chocolate & salads though :D and still get nauseous if allow myself to get ravenous - a packet of salt & vinegar banshee bones sorted me right out last night!

Getting shellac mani, hair done & bit of a spray tan done tomorrow in prep for a party (I don't go out much so nice to make the effort) so I'm hoping to feel more pampered rather than like the contents of pampers tomorrow evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Girls, I really need to dye my hair.
    I have gone grey and my hair grows super fast. So I need to dye soon.
    Can I dye????
    Is there one type that's safer than the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Weelll in the most embarassing thing to happen to me: today I said Id chance the last of my Christmas shopping... first of all i nearly passed out in shop: so I said Id go out for a bit of fresh air... walked past a woman with really awful old lady perfume and started to gag: then got sick in a bush outside the door... the bathrooms were just too far away. I'm sure everyone walking past thought I was drunk/hungover/stoned (well i was wearing a tshirt and am bruised from elbow to hand both arms!) and was utterly utterly mortified :rolleyes: and couldn't finish my shopping... im not leaving the house for the next month!!!!

I'm so jealous of everyone getting photos of all their scans: I'm mad for another one!

I have the Babybump app as well as the What to Expect one: their my faves as I get new tips everyday: i quite like the EU Mom one aswell!

Silly I'd say dye your hair away: maybe just ask in chemist if your worried: plenty of people dye their hair throughout their pregnancies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Oh cyning, you poor love what a terrible experience you had today!
    Hope ur feeling better now

kildareash wrote: »
    Oh cyning, you poor love what a terrible experience you had today!
    Hope ur feeling better now
    Nausea is easing embarrassment will stay!!!

• Advertisement

silly wrote: »
    Can I dye????

I don't know for sure if we're meant to dye our hair. I guess if you're nervous about it check with the doc & maybe try a semi-permanent or one of those "natural" ones.

I have the same problem - dark hair, lots of grey, hair grows fast. So I dyed my hair on weekend. I usually have to do roots once a month

Mink wrote: »
    Can I dye????

I don't know for sure if we're meant to dye our hair. I guess if you're nervous about it check with the doc & maybe try a semi-permanent or one of those "natural" ones.

I have the same problem - dark hair, lots of grey, hair grows fast. So I dyed my hair on weekend. I usually have to do roots once a month
    I'm the same, I have to do my roots once a month too. I'll have a look in the chemist today to see what's on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I'm due around the beginning of July. This is our first child. Very excited and nervous. Have 1st scan in 2 weeks. I have epilepsy so cut down on drinking about 3 years ago when I had my first seizure and so I've got that excuse when people ask me why I'm not drinking.

There is a bit of an age gap between me and my OH. He doesn't have any children so he's quite excited!!

notsobusy wrote: »
    I'm due around the beginning of July. This is our first child. Very excited and nervous. Have 1st scan in 2 weeks. I have epilepsy so cut down on drinking about 3 years ago when I had my first seizure and so I've got that excuse when people ask me why I'm not drinking.

There is a bit of an age gap between me and my OH. He doesn't have any children so he's quite excited!!
    Welcome notsobusy!

Thank you Silly! Was just going back through the thread. I broke my ankle a month ago, fell off a horse and have been going to Reikki ever since once a week. Helped big time with my morning sickness.

What was really creepy though was when I walked into the Reikki womans house she came down the stairs and asked me how many weeks was I pregnant??!! I hadn't told her that I was pregnant. So weird.

Haven't told my parents as we want to wait till the scan. My mum will be delighted not so sure about my Dad as I am unemployed at the moment and meant to be looking for jobs.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Hi Notsobusy :) welcome to the thread. I have petit mal epilepsy and the docs warned me it may re-emerge now I`m pregnant have you had any seizures?

No! I was told I shouldn't have a seizure and to just keep taking my medication. I hope I don't have any! Have you had any?

No! I was told I shouldn't have a seizure and to just keep taking my medication. I hope I don't have any! Have you had any?

Agh I`m not medicated I out grew mine about 24 but was told pregnancy may make it come back haven`t had any yet so touch wood.

theg81der wrote: »

Agh I`m not medicated I out grew mine about 24 but was told pregnancy may make it come back haven`t had any yet so touch wood.

I am not coming being weaned off my meds till next year. i did change my medication last year when i stopped taking contraception.

Girls I have a confession - I had a big mac yesterday and today :eek:

Don`t look at me I`m ashamed :o Its the only thing I seem to be able to stomach apart from cereal - yes really! Feel free to give me the kick up the arse I need to not eat sh*t!

Don`t look at me I`m ashamed :o Its the only thing I seem to be able to stomach apart from cereal - yes really! Feel free to give me the kick up the arse I need to not eat sh*t!

Dont be ashamed!!! Big macs are gorgeous!! I have sent my bf out to get a chinese because the thoughts of anything else was turning my stomach. i would love a big mac!!!

I feel soooo guilty I had big plans I`m normally such a healthy eater and had intended to be more so. It`d normally 2 big macs a year!

I am just so sick I`m happy I can eat any food. Have a feeling its getting worse - anyone know when the worst of morning sickness is usually people keep telling me its getting better from now ....they are lying!

Eat whatever it is you want... if you eat a big mac every day for the next month it won't kill you: and it is better than eating nothing!!

Morning sickness normally starts to ease somewhere between the 12th and 14th week and is usually gone by 16 weeks.... I swear if mine doesn't ease soon I'll scream! I really want to go back to work! If you get dehydrated it can make morning sickness worse aswell... as can an empty stomach!

Hi Girls!:)

Was looking at other peoples scans online and was looking at mine I don`t understand which bit is the baby, I can see the yoke sake and the gestational sac and then .... could it be 2 babies or is it the placenta and baby or something else.... look and see my oh and I can`t work it out -

186023.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

I haven't a clue sweetie!! I couldn't make mine out either so It made waiting for the next one so exciting!!!

12 weeks on Xmas Day- I could pee with excitement- well I pee every 20 mins anyway!!

Starting to feel back to my old self, tiredness and confusion is fading and my sex drive is coming back!

• Advertisement

I have literally no patience! Maybe I`m just seening things cause I would love twins but she said it was only one and I`m sure she would know.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Minxy Moo

Don't worry at all!! I have spent the last few hours dreaming of a Whopper with cheese :) just give your body whatever it wants! I've had a very rough week with the morning sickness, I just hope it eases up over Christmas. I am feeling slightly better today but I'm trying not to get too excited! Have told my best friend and my mother, one friend guessed last night when he caught my OH buying a non- alcoholic drink at the pub. Tell you what it's getting harder to keep it a secret lads, he has been worn to secrecy for the next few days!

Hanging for a big mac now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Hanging for a big mac now :)

for sure!

Question: has anyone had problems with (gross sorry) clearing phlegm from their throats?? Nearly everyday I feel like my throat is totally phlegmy and no amount of swallowing or coughing will make it go away..Any tips?

javagal wrote: »
    for sure!

Question: has anyone had problems with (gross sorry) clearing phlegm from their throats?? Nearly everyday I feel like my throat is totally phlegmy and no amount of swallowing or coughing will make it go away..Any tips?

I gave up milk last year because of this and other problems so I`d say milk but considering its value when pregnant maybe not a good idea. More water?

A big mac is nothing compared to what I'm eating these days, really need to rein it in. With the milder weather I might take advantage of walking, though need my sciatica to wear off.

Well last night was my first night out-out with no drink on me. I had a glass of red with my dinner. It was a Christmas party but staying in a hotel with residents bar so my friends were lashing the drink into them. We saw a band as well and I have to say I really enjoyed myself, didn't miss the booze really and I had the Craic. I left them to it at 1am though as I was wrecked from being up early for work.

I had to tell them at beginning of night the news as it was just going to be too obvious. Don't mind them knowing as they'd be good support if things went wrong.

Java I'm also mucousy since getting preg, I think this is another side effect. Apparently laying off dairy or only having organic dairy helps.

Did my scan this evening! Saw a little blobby bean with some arm and leg buds. Saw the heartbeat straight away and the technician said it was strong, fast and regular for the dates. Also my dates are bang on to the day with the measurements. So all in all it was very reassuring. Holding in all that pee was hard though!

Thats brilliant Mink... I'm delighted for you!!

I think I might be able to eat some xmas dinner... Im getting better at eating. Esp ready salted walkers! 12 weeks Monday so excited :)

Congrats on the scan Mink!
    Jan 17th cannot come fast enough for mine!

I'm constantly clearing my throat these days, it's very annoying!

The evening sickness is continuing....have got sick the last 2 evenings. In fact, I can only eat anything in small portions. I get really full really fast. So, I'm not sure how I will cope tomorrow, with food everywhere! And Christmas dinner is my all time fav!

Aaaaand, I'm cooking for the inlaws tomorrow. I'm really not looking forward to it.

Anyway, hope you all have a lovely Christmas! Xx

• Advertisement

So, I'm not sure how I will cope tomorrow, with food everywhere! And Christmas dinner is my all time fav!

Aaaaand, I'm cooking for the inlaws tomorrow. I'm really not looking forward to it.

Me too I alway cook for xmas there but hoping as MIL knows she`ll take pity on me. I can`t even stand the smell of food or people or anything actually. Sooooooo sick (feeling really sorry for myself today girls just found out an old friend died so sad :().

Advertisement