Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car protect warranty

• 02-08-2015 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Anyone any experience of this, quoting me 370 for 12 months of a warranty. How do they know my car is not already faulty and primed for a claim?

http://www.carprotect.ie/new-used-car-warranty/

Complete cover for vehicles under 6 years and 100,000km at inception. Unlimited mileage policy. less.
    Your Premier Complete policy covers All Mechanical & Electrical Components of the vehicle that were manufacturers original fitment, including failure of components attributed to wear and tear.

This product includes our comprehensive Premier breakdown cover, which includes Nationwide Recovery, Nationwide Assistance and Home Start as standard.

Please see the warranty booklet for full details of the cover provided.

The maximum amount payable on each individual claim inclusive of VAT is 2,500 euro.

If you have been provided with a Car Protect Warranty by your selling dealer, please check your policy schedule for your individual Claim Limit.

There is no limit to the number of individual claims that can be made, however the maximum claim limit payable during the period of your warranty shall not exceed the retail value of your vehicle.

Click here to download Warranty BookletPDF Format

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

In my experience they are pretty good, much easier than Mapfre to deal with, anytime ive had to claim its been pretty painless. If you plan on keeping the car, look at the 2 year option as its not massively more expensive.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I have it and have mixed experience with them.
    They are pleasant enough to deal with but my claim took ages to get sorted, not all their fault but I had to do a serious amount of chasing to get it settled
    Their cover is better than mapfre though.

As with any warranty, check all the T&C very carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

In my experience they are pretty good, much easier than Mapfre to deal with, anytime ive had to claim its been pretty painless. If you plan on keeping the car, look at the 2 year option as its not massively more expensive.

Thanks for the replies. My car is 5 and a half years old. Your car has to be less than 6 at policy in inception, I wonder would they still give me a two year warranty?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement