Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Accommodation in Dublin for March during internship

• 28-12-2014 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey,

my name is Marco Zierhut, 25, and I am studying medicine in Munich, Germany. I am going to do an internship at the St. James Hospital in Dublin for one month in March (01.03.-01.04.) 2015 and I am looking for an accommodation for this period of time. At the moment I am living in a student´s house in Munich, so I am used to share my flat with a lot of people and enjoy it to live in a community.
    If you have an accommodation for me please do not hesitate to contact me. As you know it is not easy to find a place to live in Dublin especially for one month.

Thanks a lot!

Marco

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Maybe the hospital can help you, even if it's only an online notice board. I'm sure this situation is common to them

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Marco1988

unfortunately the hospital told me, they can´t help with accommodations due to the high rates of students every year, so I have to find something by my own. but thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Try Air BnB maybe?

It's Dublin 8 so you should find places in that area.

It's also serviced by the Red Luas Line so anything along that route would be handy enough.

Throw a few places / areas up when you are looking and people can advice better then.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,855 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

BlondeBomb wrote: »
    Try Air BnB maybe?

It's Dublin 8 so you should find places in that area.

It's also serviced by the Red Luas Line so anything along that route would be handy enough.

Throw a few places / areas up when you are looking and people can advice better then.

Unless the OP is working 9 to 5 I wouldn't be advising looking for accommodation on the red line, the line has a lot of problems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

ask in propertypin

http://www.thepropertypin.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

It might be tempting to get cheap accomodation near to the hospital, but I would recommend living elsewhere. Although you'll probably be fine, the area around James' can be quite dodgy so beware of any deals that seem too good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 rasgav

It might be tempting to get cheap accomodation near to the hospital, but I would recommend living elsewhere. Although you'll probably be fine, the area around James' can be quite dodgy so beware of any deals that seem too good to be true.

There are plenty of perfectly fine places to live right beside James' - parts of Kilmainham, Inchicore and Rialto.

It won't be cheap anywhere, however. The Dublin rental market is so tight that it's next to impossible to find anywhere for just one month, especially for someone from overseas who has no connections in Dublin.

I think something like Airbnb is your only choice.

Advertisement