Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

its like a 30mins ad for Spar :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

2 large brandys there please Simon:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Bela + Dolores = C*UNTS.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Im in the mood to go to Spar,have no idea why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

Cass and Eileen were hiliarious in the restaurant.

Wow. That row with Deloras and Pete. I thought it was very believable.

Wayne is a fantastic actor. I'm enjoying his scenes more and more.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Cass and Eileen were hiliarious in the restaurant.

Wow. That row with Deloras and Pete. I thought it was very believable.

Wayne is a fantastic actor. I'm enjoying his scenes more and more.

Totally agree with you there.

I'm still unsure about the Spar introduction but it is reflecting reality I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Spar introduction but it is reflecting reality I suppose...

I have never seen staff like them in any real Spar - and never as many Irish in a store :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Was it just me or did they linger on the half price sign beside the chocolates a tad too long! Thats grannys christmas present sorted thank you spar for the subliminal advertising #governmenttryingtoturnourbrainstomush

• Registered Users Posts: 7,188 ✭✭✭jos28

I feel really sorry for Wayne, Dolores(AKA Bosco) is being seriously harsh. I know she feels Wayne is selfish but Mammies love their kids, warts and all. I wouldn't blame Wayne for feeling hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Why in God's name would Wayne be talking to the town biatch Yvonne about his mother's will... Was he hoping to get a sympathetic deal from UPC or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

i didnt like the scenes with eileen- eileens faux posh voice and cas unshaven and the gay hotel manager sterotypes and cliches all round- and cas in the hotel scabbing a free meal..... do hotels really do that...i imagine they would want a 50,000 deposits and min nos first before they did that...if indeed they do it in the first place....

the new shop manager christy is awful and cringworthy to look at even worse that depressed christy....or drunk christy...or the episode where christy had a rave at his house with a load of students...who were they incidentially and where did they go... the rows with christy and val are also 'stuppid' and the scene in the hungry pig it was obvious in real life that christy and val were trying not to laugh....having said all that im too busy reading the special offer signs around the shop to actually listen to the pathetic rows christy was having with val. she was just passing the time of day with the customers anyway, it was nt like there was a q of people waiting for bagettes....

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

It's weird that Wayne is still shaving. Walking around with a big stubbly face seems to be how all the other men of Carrigstown react to any emotional difficulty.

Once Dermot finds out about Tommy, it will be like watching ZZ Top.

Also, didn't Leo live in New York for a while? He says now he's never been in America, but I thought we'd heard some stories about his time there. Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Think we should brace ourselves for an upturn in Dermot's fortunes just before being stabbed in the back. Lots of "Lets make this the best Christmas ever" nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

How has Christy's new shop become spacious?
    By a magic wand donated by Enda Kenny. He forgot to mention it in his address to the nation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

Perhaps Dolores just preferred her daughters and was always disappointed that she ever had a son.
    I don't get the impression that Dolores is proud of Wayne and they don't seem to be close.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i have to say, one thing that really bothers me is the sets.

example:
    1. there was a scene when tommy went out the door
    (from inside the house the door is on the far left)
    you can see judith watching out the window through the blinds.....
    but he comes out on the right hand side of the house when the camera views the outside of the house!

2. christy's shop.
    you can clearly see the entrance is a corner but when you go into the shop it's very long... as if you would have to knock out next door to be able to get it
    the outside views do not match the inside ones...

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 OddJobz

fair city is poo

• Registered Users Posts: 84,817 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How come Christy couldnt give Jo a job when he had 16 positions to fill :confused:

Cass and Eileen were funny in the restaurant

• Registered Users Posts: 15 OddJobz

its all down to fact that ,sure lookit , jo ,would eat more than she sold...supply and demand i tells you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How come Christy couldnt give Jo a job when he had 16 positions to fill :confused:

Cass and Eileen were funny in the restaurant

I think he told her that the main manager jobs were filled, that he had part time positions available but she never took him up on the offer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Totally agree with you there.

I'm still unsure about the Spar introduction but it is reflecting reality I suppose...

In the end of the day, it makes the show a bit more believable and now with the product placement rules being relaxed, it is wonderful advertising for Spar.

Also gives RTE more money... which hopefully they can reinvest into Fair City :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,445 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

OddJobz wrote: »
    fair city is poo

If you don't like it, then don't comment.
    Don't post in this thread again.

Have to say I thought the camera work was very poor in the last few episodes, on Thursdays episode, it was very poor, it was making me feel sea sick with the camera shaking so much :eek:

I am liking Val but as for the Louie and Bob stuff, all over napkins... panto stuff :rolleyes: but I think the Spar shop towards the front looks okay but it appears to be long and doesn't really match up... still am enjoying the Spar :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

angel01 wrote: »
    In the end of the day, it makes the show a bit more believable and now with the product placement rules being relaxed, it is wonderful advertising for Spar.

I often wonder at the impact of advertising like this though - would Christy's shop being a Spar, now make you go to a Spar when you wouldn't have previously?

I use the Spar near work - but only because it's convenient and doubt I would be running to another shop, just because it's in FC:confused:

Fittle wrote: »
    I often wonder at the impact of advertising like this though - would Christy's shop being a Spar, now make you go to a Spar when you wouldn't have previously?

I use the Spar near work - but only because it's convenient and doubt I would be running to another shop, just because it's in FC:confused:

I am not sure, I am guessing it puts their name out there, see what you could pick up from in the Spar.

Personally, I use Spar quite a bit when I am in town after work as it is handy and I prefer them to other convenience stores but I think having it in Fair City gives it more of a realism as these local shops tend to get bought up by a bigger retail outlet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

Who exactly are these big retail outlets buying up these local shops. You might give us a few examples if you don't mind too much, please?

headmaster wrote: »
    Who exactly are these big retail outlets buying up these local shops. You might give us a few examples if you don't mind too much, please?

How about Spar, Centra, Londis.. I know at least two near me that became spar's.

Anyway back to Fair City :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i'm actually warming to val... didn't like her at first, but find her grand now! i suppose it's like that with alot of new characters

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

I'm not warming to Val at all - dont think I ever will. The new shop seems to only stock, apart from the deli counter, bottled water, chocolates,sweets etc. I havn't seen any sign of the basics eg. bread, milk, ie the staples. Also none of the businesses, homes, have any christmas decorations up yet. I could in, away understand why the shop wouldn't with the renovations. But seeing as last Thursday Dec 8th was officially the first day of Christmas, Carraigstown must be the only place in the country to have forgotton that Christmas is so close. I expect come Tuesday the place will be festooned with Fairy lights, tinsil etc. The residents and traders will be working furiousley over the weekend to get it all looking lovely and Christmassy. I'll be very surprised if they have it done by tonight!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

rogercar wrote: »
    I'm not warming to Val at all - dont think I ever will. The new shop seems to only stock, apart from the deli counter, bottled water, chocolates,sweets etc. I havn't seen any sign of the basics eg. bread, milk, ie the staples. Also none of the businesses, homes, have any christmas decorations up yet. I could in, away understand why the shop wouldn't with the renovations. But seeing as last Thursday Dec 8th was officially the first day of Christmas, Carraigstown must be the only place in the country to have forgotton that Christmas is so close. I expect come Tuesday the place will be festooned with Fairy lights, tinsil etc. The residents and traders will be working furiousley over the weekend to get it all looking lovely and Christmassy. I'll be very surprised if they have it done by tonight!:)

There was a Christmas market last week.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement