Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car exhaust issue

Options
  • 03-08-2015 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Well guys, my car seems to have developed a rather loud deep noise similar to a high performance car. I know absolutely nothing about underneath a car but out of curiosity I crawled in underneath the engine block to take a look. Obviously as seen in the attached pic that this is the problem and hopefully the only one. So can anyone tell me what this part is (front exhaust system???) , can it be repaired or do I need a new one. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Flexi joint. Old will need to be cut out and a new flexi welded in. Any decent motor factor should have them, just make sure its the right length.

Alternatively you might get it as part of a downpipe. This saves cutting and welding.

Best left to an exhaust fitter if not very confident or no tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Sorry to dig this up lads... WOndering on what the going rate is for a flexi joint fix these days?

Curious as I have a 08 Mk V golf in need of the job... for a laugh I rang a main dealer, needless to say I laughed at the quote!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

This forum is not for get quotes for jobs.
    It is for DIYers that want to discuss efforts they themselves do to their cars. Read this.

Start a new thread in main forum unless you intend to do the work yourself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement