Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long/wide is a GAA pitch ?

• 21-02-2009 7:34pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭

Just jogged a few laps and want to know the distance :)

thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

4 laps is about a mile

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

140x70m I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭li@mo

Taking a pitch to be 140 x 85m

Then one lap is:

(140 x 2) + (85 x2) = 280 + 170 = 450m

Therefore 10 laps would be 4500m or 4.5 kilometres

This equates to 2.8 miles approx.

I order to run 1 mile you must run bout 1600m which using the above dimensions is about 3.5 laps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Very much depends on which pitch, Our main club pitch is almost TWICE the size of a nearby clubs main pitch, also, Many pitches vary in SHAPE, our pitch looks like a rhombus with one of the sidelines curved! God I love the CLG :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭li@mo

Very much depends on which pitch, Our main club pitch is almost TWICE the size of a nearby clubs main pitch, also, Many pitches vary in SHAPE, our pitch looks like a rhombus with one of the sidelines curved! God I love the CLG :p

Longford Slashers?

Fine set-up there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 HeLlDoItHeCrAzY

here now, guidlines aside.. a standard size gaa pitch is pretty much a myth till ya get to the stadiums or gaa clubs that were funded by the national lotto!:D

Advertisement