Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some French woman has a problem with The Irish

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

To put it simply, the French haven't quite around to the fact that nobody gives a **** about their opinion anymore, and that they are one of the most despised people's on the earth.

Hence the poverbial 'chip on the shoulder'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Orizio wrote: »

Or should that be French fry? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

To put it simply, the French haven't quite around to the fact that nobody gives a **** about their opinion anymore, and that they are one of the most despised people's on the earth.

this is a ridiculously stereotyping comment. come down off ur fcukin high horse, and speak for yourself, and not everyone else. you're as bad as her. If you dislike the french, ur a xenophobe; you cant hate an entire country of people for ur experience with a few. cop on to yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

zuroph wrote: »
    this is a ridiculously stereotyping comment. come down off ur fcukin high horse, and speak for yourself, and not everyone else. you're as bad as her. If you dislike the french, ur a xenophobe; you cant hate an entire country of people for ur experience with a few. cop on to yourself.
    TBH, i hate most of the irish too. bunch of d1cks we are.

Lolz :pac:

WindSock wrote: »
    Lolz :pac:
    qualifying word "most".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

shes a good troll

oh and imo everyone loves us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Maybe it's the the image of irishness they love ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

I think half the reason people hate other people, is because they think they hate them back. Feedback loop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Who the f*ck cares...?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Guess she married the wrong Irishman:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭krpc

Kinda retarded - bitches about hating the Irish but then admits being married to one? She's either a schizo or has a really kinky side (i.e. dominatrix beating the crap out of the husband she loves to hate). Irony, eh? Ooh-la-la.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

No it isn't. The French are - in comparison to 100 years ago - increasingly irrelevent on the world stage. No empire, no power, weaklings in coimparison to the US and China and with the guilt of a history of brutality and destruction behind them. Are you so blind that you can't see the blatant insecurity and paranoia behind her words?

Personally, I don't have a problem with the French, great food, great philosophers, gorgeous women and so on, which is the main difference between the author and myself. One of us is a racist, and one of us isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Sounds like she just hates Ireland because her marriage is poor and she has grown to hate everything about her Irish husband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

i was genuinly shocked by the time i reached the end of this shockingly vile and hate filled rant
    while it is silly how us irish think that we are unconditionally loved overseas , its doesnt deserve such a cruel outburst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Well ill agree with her about the dublin accent.:D

i agree with the view that shes bitter about her ex-husband. talk about a woman scorned.

as for her view that we know nothing about foreign culture, its complete bs. i know a lot about other cultures as it is something i have an interest in. i also have an interest in history so i know about the history of other countries including the people of brittany. a lot of people in know would have a good knowledge of foreign cultures as well.

i think the only things her letter proves is that menopause and divorce are a dangerous mix.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

galwayrush wrote: »
    Guess she married the wrong Irishman:D

She's probably having a whinge because she suspects her Irish husband is
    about to trade her in for a younger model without her attitude problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Solair wrote: »
    I really don't think that this woman's rant should be taken seriously. No country's perfect, not Ireland, not the US, not the UK, DEFINITELY not France.

Fixed that for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

what the hell is wrong with this woman? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Couldn't give a **** what she thinks. Cannot see why anybody else does either. A troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NotInventedHere

I have seen a couple of rants like this written by disenchanted migrants over the past year. They have been mainly limited to the Metro letters page. This article which i believe was only printed to incite xenophobic feeling is reprehensible. Anyhoo does anybody expect anything else from independent newspapers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Meh, one persons opinion.She certainly doesnt speak for her country,so no need to spout the "bout time we wised up.. " lark.
    If she was really that serious about it, she should have made more of an effort like these chaps:- http://www.godhatesireland.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

That's it for me I'm off the the Chippers Freedom Fries'er.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Bloody French! They don't even have a word for entrepreneur!:p

She just wants a hug, but she's too shy to ask. Can we all just give her a group hug? C'mon everybody!

This whole thing is silly.

No it isn't. The French are - in comparison to 100 years ago - increasingly irrelevent on the world stage. No empire, no power, weaklings in coimparison to the US and China and with the guilt of a history of brutality and destruction behind them. Are you so blind that you can't see the blatant insecurity and paranoia behind her words?

Personally, I don't have a problem with the French, great food, great philosophers, gorgeous women and so on, which is the main difference between the author and myself. One of us is a racist, and one of us isn't.
    and this makes them "one of the most despised peoples in the world"? dont believe american propaghanda.

Yes shes' paranoid, but how did u reply, by attacking her country instead of her points.

the word ur looking for is xenophobe, not racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭SnowMonkey

nothing wrong with french women there great fun :D....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

I can't be arsed to read this whole thread, so maybe it's already been mentioned, but does anyone else think it's funny that she's using Irish slang to critique the Irish? Your entire population is useless, but you apparently come up with some useful words.:rolleyes:

Her poor husband. He must be reminded of his inferiority every day. Plus he has to sleep with someone who doesn't use deodorant or shave her legs. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Cranky bitch, a good roide would sort her out no end!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Solair wrote: »
    Eh, I wouldn't hold WWII against the entire French population. After all, Ireland basically adopted the seal the boarders, turn off the lights and pretend we're not here policy..

Admittedly, some Irish people did actually fight in the war, but as a state we adopted a self-preservation, self-centred approach.

In fairness our nation was only 20 years old at the time from independence with an economy the size of an ant-hill. If we did enter into WW2 we would have used the last remaining ammunition the British had forgotten which would have been used up in the first day and thrown stones for the rest of the war.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I don't think we're particularly liked abroad at all. There are just so many of us in every country the world must be sick of us by now. But I don't think people should be judged on their nationality at all. I'm not proud to be from Ireland, it just happened to be the place I was born in, I don't know how people can be proud to come from anywhere really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭ Lainey Ambitious Caboose

Christ, what did her husband do to her for us to deserve this...? Well whatever he did, it must have hurt... fair play to ya.

There are some elements of truth in that letter, such as begrudging our neighbours, christ, I brgrudge my own brother for what he has... Every nationality has it's cons. What is very wrong, with that statement, is the generalisation of the Irish people hating Germans and French, this is certainly not true, hating the English? That could be very true. I think this woman has spent too many years living under a rock.

Poor thing...

As to the Irish putting out lights etc etc in WWII... let me educate you, it happened because England was so close, German bombers may mistake a city, say Dublin, for London and drop bombs there. Being a neutral country we had no reason to enter war, also, we did not have the resources that other countries had. A wise choice if you ask me.

Advertisement