Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garage in Rathfarnham to service/sell '08 Kia Cee'd?

• 28-01-2015 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Title sums it up, I've had a '08 Kia Cee'd for about 10 months now, work have agreed to give me a company car, so want to service this one and sell it.

Can anyone suggest a garage in Rathfarnham or surrounding areas?

Also, probably going to privately sell, but wouldn't mind seeing what a dealer would offer for it, any suggestions in that area highly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,111 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A garage will want to buy it from you well below it's worth in order for them to sell it on with a warranty and make a profit. Just sell it yourself, a diesel Ceed should not be that difficult to sell unless it's rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Hey it's Shane!

It's in great shape, bringing in 50mpg and low tax, should have no problem selling it, it's just a lot of cash to be dealing with a random stranger, you're talking €7,000 - €8,000, just weary is all!

I bought with cash, but would most people do a bank transfer for a deal in this region or is cash still king?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

It's in great shape, bringing in 50mpg and low tax, should have no problem selling it, it's just a lot of cash to be dealing with a random stranger, you're talking €7,000 - €8,000, just weary is all!

I bought with cash, but would most people do a bank transfer for a deal in this region or is cash still king?

The safest way is to go to the bank and see them take the money out or as I did, transfer the funds in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,112 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

No point in servicing it pre sale unless it hasn't been serviced in years or is unroadworthy, you won't see the money back in the sale.

Bank is a great idea, either that or direct transfer is probably the most convenient, will keep both in mind.

You're probably right saying to not service, but the alignment is a little off and there's a small noise with the breaks too - not great selling points if someone is driving the car for the first time.

Had bought it just serviced, would like to pass that on.

Not sure what garage to choose yet though, Google threw up Universal Autos Rathfarnham, yay or nah in anyone's experience?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,111 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Any decent tyre centre can sort out the alignment for you. You can check the thickness of the brake pads yourself, it just easily be that when the last pads were fitted they didn't put any copper grease on the back of the pads.

G'man Bazz, will get the alignment done and take a look at the brakes, if it's looking smooth enough, I'll sell her as she is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement