Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Re-plumbing query

Options
  • 01-05-2013 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hello, I am in the process of getting quotations for replacing a very old boiler in a pump house and updating it to an outdoor condenser boiler, the plumber I got around the size up the job, checked the existing system in this 36 year old bungalow and while looking at the existing pipework which appears to have been done a few years back has all 1/2 " plastic type piping not the copper pipes, the plumber said that for the system to work effectively the piping should not all be 1/2 " piping going around to the rads and this all would need to be replaced to have it running effectively.

The re-plumbing of the pipes would take a good bit of work, however the piping is all run along under trunking with skirting boards around it so not recessed into the wall, I would like some advice on whether changing 1/2" piping throughout the house really would make much of a difference, I have very old rads as well so I think I need these replaced. The old boiler was working, and did heat up the rads fairly well, however the heat was going out of them fast. Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭QBE

John317 wrote: »
    Hello, I am in the process of getting quotations for replacing a very old boiler in a pump house and updating it to an outdoor condenser boiler, the plumber I got around the size up the job, checked the existing system in this 36 year old bungalow and while looking at the existing pipework which appears to have been done a few years back has all 1/2 " plastic type piping not the copper pipes, the plumber said that for the system to work effectively the piping should not all be 1/2 " piping going around to the rads and this all would need to be replaced to have it running effectively.

The re-plumbing of the pipes would take a good bit of work, however the piping is all run along under trunking with skirting boards around it so not recessed into the wall, I would like some advice on whether changing 1/2" piping throughout the house really would make much of a difference, I have very old rads as well so I think I need these replaced. The old boiler was working, and did heat up the rads fairly well, however the heat was going out of them fast. Many thanks in advance.

obtain a detailed quote , insurance details , a detailed assessment of economy, comfort and safty, and relevant qualifications. from 3 different contractors. and then compare and employ.

anything goes wrong after installation.or you need the job assessed . pm me. I know a good loss assessor and solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

anything goes wrong after installation.or you need the job assessed . pm me. I know a good loss assessor and solicitor
    what do you see happening, do your coustomers get the loss accessers out after you're finished.

Sorry mod's couldent help myself, this is not constructive.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

QBE wrote: »

anything goes wrong after installation.or you need the job assessed . pm me. I know a good loss assessor and solicitor.

Thats pimping for business & its not allowed..Infraction for QBE

esox28 wrote: »
    what do you see happening, do your coustomers get the loss accessers out after you're finished.

Sorry mod's couldent help myself, this is not constructive.

in the wrong hands a lot.

I have been known to advice on the use of a loss assessor / solicitor In order to reduce the payment made to mtself to rectify the problems.

in one particular case went as witness with my detailed report in order for the client to recieve compo

hope that helps you.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Thats pimping for business & its not allowed..Infraction for QBE

where is my financial gain in that statement. pimping is usually offering something in return for a share of the earnings

am I getting a referral fee or something. cop on you fcukin dunce

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Maybe read the message I sent you.
    Either way personal abuse gets you a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

QBE wrote: »
    where is my financial gain in that statement. pimping is usually offering something in return for a share of the earnings

am I getting a referral fee or something. cop on you fcukin dunce

And if you had read my reply to your threat you would have taken that chill pill and continued to benefit from the knowledge of members here on Boards.ie, choa!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭jimf

as qbe is quite new to our forum is it me or just my imagination but does he/she have to try and wind everyone up the wrong way every post seems to lead to the same conclusion we are all thickos and they have just arrived to save us all from ourselves

i have learned more here for the last year than you could read in a lifetime from all the learned subscribers and have on more than 1 occasion sent a pm to shane0007 for his advice which was given without a second thought and the funny thing is i could pass him in the street and wouldnt have a clue who he was

I am not sure whether he is just not getting it or whether its pure trolling.
    hopefully a short break will help him reflect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

KoolKid wrote: »
    I am not sure whether he is just not getting it or whether its pure trolling.
    hopefully a short break will help him reflect.

He said it himself, cockiness!!

I hope he comes back a real genuine chap willing to except others may be more knowledgable and thats ok, listen and learn.

• Advertisement

I hope he does too, and with the right attitude he would be most welcome and could become a valuable contributor.
    None of us know everything & one thing I've learnt about boards is there always more to learn, and if your willing to listen there are plenty of genuine people willing to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

I think is that a new record for a ban.
    No harm it was about time with that attitude thinking he was better than everyone.No one here is perfect everyone gives advice to their best not criticise everything and one

I recieved a pm before this thread was started, from our new friend telling me not to question his knowledge and warning me that he would make a show of me if I did. Nice fella.

If re-piping is straight forward in getting a 3/4" main trunk down the hall of bunglow and branched 1/2" to rads then do so, but IMHO if you start by flushing the system through using heat from existing boiler, remove and replace existing boiler and increase pump size to over come the extra resistance generated by having 1/2" throughout ch system. Also the thing with not changing the pipeline you will need to spend some time getting the system balanced, make sure your cylinder ch coil has a wheel head valve installed to assist in balancing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Jaysus, I take a bit of time off & ye all go mad!!!
    Our beloved new resident expert dons his expertise, a mod gets abused, bans dished out & I missed it all..... Not fair....

And before ye start, it was just coincidence that he disappeared the same time as me, we are NOT the same person!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

shane0007 wrote: »
    Our beloved new resident expert dons his expertise, a mod gets abused, bans dished out & I missed it all..... Not fair....

And before ye start, it was just coincidence that he disappeared the same time as me, we are NOT the same person!!!

Maybe your lover's then:P

Can't see ya being mistaken, nice fella don't get me wrong -really - but there was a big conspiracy bout something to do with c boilers....i thinkkk he was trying to let the cat outta the bag or something

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭crock!

I tought he went with ye .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

No, apparently the CIA wanted to talk to him for his advice, due to it eating into too much holiday time, he declined my offer of taking him.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭jimf

No, apparently the CIA wanted to talk to him for his advice, due to it eating into too much holiday time, he declined my offer of taking him.....

glad to see yere back

• Advertisement

I think this thread had served it purpose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement