Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hot water tap upstairs not working.

• 05-05-2013 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    There is no hot water ( no water at all) coming from the basin tap in the upstairs bathroom. The cold tap is fine as are both taps on bath and on hand basin in ensuite.
    I had thought there might be an air bubble somewhere but tried the hose on it to pull it out and nothing happened.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

Sound like a localized blockage to that individual tap, have you had any work done to your hot water cylinder like new immersion etc?

On the end of the taps spout there is a black flow cone which can be opened to clean and debris, or the tap washer could have sealed closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

No we havent had any work done.
    So I need to turn the water off to clean the cone?
    I have 2 stop cocks in the hotpress, any idea which I need to close? I have no idea as I am sure you have gathered!
    Thanks.

well no you wouldent need to shut off water because the flow cone is at the end of spout, can be quite tricky if its internal, to extract it.
    probably best to call out your plumber if tools aren't your thing.
    Dosent sound like the tap is air locked, most likely to be a stuck tap washer.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

Thank you. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ritzplumbing

Had a similar problem with my home. I handled myself. However, I called Ritz Plumbing for trenchless sewer repair here in holmby hills. They did a great job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

wtf is that about?? when i have any issues,whether it be in sewerage or just in general day to day life i call gdavis he is the greatest!!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Mutha

gdavis wrote: »
    wtf is that about?? when i have any issues,whether it be in sewerage or just in general day to day life i call gdavis he is the greatest!!

Noooo! I'm the greatest, only every second day though.

Amateurs Mamma says im the greatest shet shoveler :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

My boiler broke down & I could only think of one person close by to come & fix it, so I phoned myself & after a lot of negotiations, I agreed a price with myself & fixed the boiler. My wife thought I was a twat for all the caffaffel instead of just fixing it!

Advertisement