Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Those Little Things that Annoy You

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I don't much like kilometres.They make everything further away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

people commenting on how nice the weather is when they no damn well your working for the whole day:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

sarah palin

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Peeling off wet socks after getting caught in the rain :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Tupins

- Queue skippers in traffic annoy the sh*t out of me!
    - People who say "ooooooh, have you some news" just because I don't order an alcoholic drink
    - people who litter
    - spoilt children
    - Little Britain
    - people who use the word 'random' as if it was interchangable with 'strange' eg. "for some random reason my phone isn't working"
    - people who say "ooh I hate cats", like right in front of my cat - rude!
    - people who wear Che Guevara t-shirts without having a clue of who he was or what he did.

that's all for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

- Toilet Attendants
    - Chuggers
    - Relatives who try to discuss aspects of a patient's care behind their back
    - A particular continuity anouncer on UTV
    - People who approach roundabouts in the right hand lane and take the second exit
    - The Red Cow Roundabout
    - Bouncers who deny access to bars and nightclubs based on footwear
    - Motorists who veer randomly into cycle lanes with no regard for cyclists
    - Healthcare workers with an incompetent level of English
    - Sarah Palin's "up-do"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Ziggurat

People who use the phrase "simple as." Simple as what? At least if you say "simple as that", you're referring back to something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

People who breath really loudly. I mean those ones who wheeze through their noses (like fat people) at everything. if you do that: ****ing stop! :mad: you sound like a pedophile in the bushes outside a playschool and you make little children cry and i hate you and wish you get aids and die! :mad:

Apart from that, and one or two people in the world, I'm fairly content :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Dwarves and midgets.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NibNib

I find it irritating when people won't stop talking behind you in the cinema. I was in Dundrum cinema with my OH one time and the few girls behind us wouldn't stop talking about the designer handbags that they spent their parents' money on.

I don't go to cinema that often... Please let me enjoy my movie!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

people who don't know the difference between your and you're

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭celticwe

Jazzy wrote: »
    sarah palin

her him :eek: **** with attitude

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

necro posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

- The way my housemate leaves his retainer on the shelf in the shower. It always ends up in the drain.
    - Shaving gel, it makes absolutely no sense. You spray the gel out on your hand only to have to rub your hands together to make foam. You can buy shaving foam itself, ban shaving gel and the effort that goes with it!
    - Women who commute to office jobs in white runners. I know, your feet are going to be killing you after a day in 4 inch stilettoes by the water cooler, but ffs why do you wear white pumas and nikes to work, since when is that sexy?
    - MTB shoes
    - The two previous items combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

upmeath wrote: »
    MTB shoes

please enlighten me.... are these the cheap knock-offs of mbts?

if so then they are a scam just like mbts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Threads that are over 5 pages long. I really really couldn't be arsed reading them the whole way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Midgets, the French, disabled kids, babies, old people, knackers, blacks, injuns, cowboys, students, whites, mexicans, sick people, teenagers, brits etc etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

vinylmesh wrote: »
    please enlighten me.... are these the cheap knock-offs of mbts?

if so then they are a scam just like mbts.

My bad, I meant MBT the first time around. MBTs are a scam and those who wear them look ridiculous. They should be sent to Florida. That's another not so little thing that annoys me. Florida.

Edit: Thought I'd better elaborate on that. I don't like Florida for 2000, Jeb Bush, hurricanes, old people and plastic parks. I have never been and will never go for these reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Tupins

Something that really annoys me is in the supermarket when you're queing up to pay and there's a long conveyor belt full of stuff. The person on the checkout takes the 'next customer' bar thing that separates people groceries and places is it neatly beside her i.e MILES AWAY from the person who actually needs it at the end of the conveyor belt, instead of pushing it down to the end. Why the HELL do they do this?? So bloody annoying :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Mick T

this gets on my f*ucking tits, if i had any!! ha ha but in the moment of bitchyness i think its right to say! i hate it when you pay for something at a checkout or store and then waiting to recieve your change with an open hand they put it down on the counter like a f*cking ignorant c*nt!! aww the thought is boiling my blood, anyone feel this way about this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

Mick T wrote: »
    this gets on my f*ucking tits, if i had any!! ha ha but in the moment of bitchyness i think its right to say! i hate it when you pay for something at a checkout or store and then waiting to recieve your change with an open hand they put it down on the counter like a f*cking ignorant c*nt!! aww the thought is boiling my blood, anyone feel this way about this?

YESSS!!!!

The other day in tesco,I put all my shopping up,said "Chello" to the cashier...No reply...

She didn't ask me for my clubcard(The bitch)

Then proceeded to text for 5 mins before starting.

Pointed at the screen rather than tell me what I owed,put her hand out waiting for my card and then put my reciept on the counter rather than in my opened hand.

So...

I went up to the manager and brought her over..

Told the manager she was texing her boyfriemd the whole time I was at her till..

The cashier replied, "FYI I wasn''t texting my boyfriend!"

To which, I wittingly replied.."Course you weren't-your arse is too fat."

And on topic.. Teabags in the poxy sink.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

rude old people - just cos your old does not mean you have automatic respect,god shuffle off this mortal coil post-hate please

spanish students in the summer - liquidate these stair sitting,loud ass brightly coloured ants

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

****ty spell-checker on my phone
    Snobby la-di-da people
    People scrapping plates or biting into icecream or cutlery
    Derek Mooney
    Kids playing music out loud on public transportation
    Nacker tashes
    Dust
    People with zero self-awareness and talk about themseleves 24/7

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

people that sign their posts,really stop it you egotistical muppets

people that read certain books to appear more intellectual and smarter,if you parrot something someone says that's what you are a parrot nothing else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Rude customers who think we are their skivvys.People who jump queues.People who think they know everything,people giving you dirty looks when the kids act up[they probably did the same to their parents]Rude old people who think that we owe them something.Old people who give advice regarding my baby and get annoyed when i dont take it and they ask me stupid questions and stick their hand nearly in his gob to see if he has teeth.Anyone who stands at the end of an elevator or doorway should be shot.But the one thing that really annoys me is drivers seeing the lights change speed up and go through them.Or when the green man is there for us to go they slide up or rev thinking that it makes me faster it doesnt i walk slower across the road.:mad:

Advertisement