Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Plumbing problems

• 24-09-2013 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi can anyone help as I'm at end of my tether !
    Bought a house last year and replaced the kitchen, we put a breakfast bar in the centre and installed dishwasher & washing machine underneath it, this meant digging a channel across the floor for pipe work to connect to drain, all fine for a while then water began coming out from somewhere while dishwasher was on,plumber came back extended pipe that the dishwasher hose feeds into and that worked for while but gradually it's been happening again, we've put drain cleaner in,had dyno rod out (no issue there ) replaced the dishwasher !! And low and behold it's still happening but when we pull out washing machine ( no leaks when it's on ) and run dishwasher to try and pinpoint where water is coming from it doesn't leak, nor did the new dishwasher which we ran before pushing into place,as I've said I'm at the end of the line here can anyone advise me please ?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

leaking pipe in the channel that was dug?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ell30

God I hope not, that would mean new kitchen floor dug up !! It doesn't happen with the washing machine though and they drain in same place, I'm wondering about a kink on the hose, could this cause it as when we pulled it out to have a look while running it it didn't happen .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

hi,Does it just leak intermittently,what size is the waste pipe coming from the dishwasher and washing machine to outside?,If you could upload a picture of the waste pipes of both the washing machine and dishwasher and a picture of where that pipe is exiting outside im sure the lads here will be able to help you..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

If both DW and WM empty at same time they will struggle and could back up, 30 inch standpipes required and even at that they will struggle with 1.5" pipe on any length of run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 markspend01

Hey Guys well that nice info about the solutions of plumbing problems.Thanks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Hey Guys well that nice info about the solutions of plumbing problems.Thanks!!

Is that sarcasm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Is that sarcasm?
    I dont think it was,markspent is new to boards and i think were reading into it incorrectly going by another post he sent

• Registered Users Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

agusta wrote: »
    I dont think it was,markspent is new to boards and i think were reading into it incorrectly going by another post he sent

Ah ok fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ell30

Hi all sorry for delay in replying, we have found cause , I'm no plumber but will try to explain, hoses from DW an WM fed into pipes joined together in kind of Y shape one in each pipe, DW one longer though. But such is the pressure of the water being pumped from DW it's being forced up and out pipe that contains WM hose ( I hope I'm making sense ) plumber coming tomorrow to fix it all I hope...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Ell30 wrote: »
    plumber coming tomorrow to fix it all I hope...

2 machines in one pipe, will be interesting to see how he remedies the problem and i suggest you put both appliances on drain to test the fix.

Good luck with it.

Oh! and if you have a sink on the island run it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement