Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heating problem

Options
  • 07-09-2013 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi, The heating system in my house is air to ground. The make of the system is Aermec. The problem I have with it it doesn't heat the house properly. I have underfloor downstairs and fan coil rads upstairs. Downstairs on one side of the house is hotter than the other side by 6 or so degrease. If I turn my sitting room of the machine goes into high pressure. Upstairs you can forget about heat. Does anybody have knowledge of these Aermec machines?? My ESB usually averages €165 for 2mths but when I switch on the unit it rises to €480 and not enough heat. I have the night saver plan too. I leave the machine on constantly. If anybody could help me it would be great. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Which aermec unit are u using?

http://www.aermec.com/en-en/prodotti/default.asp?id=133&ftype=recup

What size is ur house?

Do u have a thermostat in each room?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jay01

On the Installation manual it say's Aermec ANZ R407C. Every room has a thermostat. The house is approx 2000sq ft. As far as I can remember i think its 12kw with a further 2kw elec to make it 14kw. The return temp on the machine is 36 which I was told it should be. In the winter the sitting room stat is set at 18 but it might reach 14. Upstairs the fan coils don't give out much heat if any at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

1) The first issue might be whether the heat syphon has the capacity to heat your house. The problem with air to ground is that the efficiency of the unit drops as it gets colder outside.

i had a look at this document, http://www.ventalta.lt/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Oro-kondicionieriai-2.pdf

i'm trying to figure out the heating capacity of your unit . Would it be 47.3 kW ? Of course this would be in ideal conditions . i.e. if it's very mild out. You may only get for example 20 kW when the outside temp. is less than 4 degrees. This is an example only .

2) Are the cold rooms north / east facing ?

3) Have you tried turning down all the thermostats in the house and turning up the thermostat in one of the cold rooms and try to get the temp. of the room to reach 21 or 22 degrees. ? This would then rule out any air locks .

4) Floor coverings in the cold rooms ? Timber or Tiles?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83395678&postcount=13

So many variables, but hopefully these ideas may help.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Tommyboy08

Jay01 wrote: »
    Hi, The heating system in my house is air to ground. The make of the system is Aermec. The problem I have with it it doesn't heat the house properly. I have underfloor downstairs and fan coil rads upstairs. Downstairs on one side of the house is hotter than the other side by 6 or so degrease. If I turn my sitting room of the machine goes into high pressure. Upstairs you can forget about heat. Does anybody have knowledge of these Aermec machines?? My ESB usually averages €165 for 2mths but when I switch on the unit it rises to €480 and not enough heat. I have the night saver plan too. I leave the machine on constantly. If anybody could help me it would be great. Thanks

Are both fans working on your outdoor unit,
    It also might possibly be low in refrigerant
    When was it last serviced, and I don't mean by the installer as he most likely can't service the unit

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Condenser

Sounds like you have insufficient flow across your condenser and the slightest loss in flow results in the high pressure fault.
    Your circulating pump could well be too small and has the knock on effect of starving your furthest circuits.
    You should have a buffer because you have rads and ufh. It would also solve your high pressure issue.
    Then the pump that serves the underfloor should be sized to provide correct flow and the system should be balanced.
    This would also bring your bills down quite a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Tommyboy08

Condenser wrote: »
    Sounds like you have insufficient flow across your condenser and the slightest loss in flow results in the high pressure fault.
    Your circulating pump could well be too small and has the knock on effect of starving your furthest circuits.
    You should have a buffer because you have rads and ufh. It would also solve your high pressure issue.
    Then the pump that serves the underfloor should be sized to provide correct flow and the system should be balanced.
    This would also bring your bills down quite a bit

Oops, I must have read the original post too quick, overlooked the bit about the high pressure fault,
    As usual condenser your spot on

Thanks for the replies. Does anybody know of somebody in the north Wexford area that knows their stuff about these machines to fix it?? How would you check if the condenser is working??

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Condenser

Jay01 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. Does anybody know of somebody in the north Wexford area that knows their stuff about these machines to fix it?? How would you check if the condenser is working??

Its unlikely the condenser is the problem, more likely the flow across it. Ideally you should have 5c difference between inlet and outlet on heating. Up to 10c would be ok. If you have 15 or above you have a problem. Check it with an infra red or contact thermometer. Its the flow and return from the heating circuit.

Thanks. I'll give that a go. Can anyone recommend anybody to have a look at it too. It's been in since 2008 and worked at the start. I had it running for 2 months and all seemed grand, it was summer though. When it came to winter and I started it up again I started having problems. The company that installed it didn't want to know about the problems. They just fobbed me off all the time and then they went out of business.

Advertisement