Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,988 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Any news on what the big storyline at Xmas will be? I'm guessing Jo's affair with Tommy will be let out to Dermot soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Any news on what the big storyline at Xmas will be? I'm guessing Jo's affair with Tommy will be let out to Dermot soon

I am guessing the reveal of Dermot & Jo. Jo is filming her last week at FC this week.

Just when I think Louie's hairstyle can't get any worse...

618_soaps_fair_city_198_3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Will Jo be taking Ben with her?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Will Jo be taking Ben with her?

We can hope...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

angel01 wrote: »
    I am guessing the reveal of Dermot & Jo. Jo is filming her last week at FC this week.

Has Louie dyed his hair? Looks a little lighter in colour, perhaps it's the lighting. Just a week to go until we see the revamped shop. It seems they have moved the door from the front to the corner. Well done to Judith and Tommie, they are both playing their parts brilliantly. No sign of the Bishops in a while - hope they are back soon. Esther hasn't been seen since July, the episode when she removed her wig. Hope the actress who plays her is okay. Really enjoying FC at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Jesus WHAT has Dolores done to her hair??!! It's awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

leahyl wrote: »
    Jesus WHAT has Dolores done to her hair??!! It's awful!

Have to agree, it looks like she found Bosco's hair dye in the RTE make up room

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Judging by the looks on the faces of Bob and Louie, I reckon a spaceship full of aliens has just landed outside Christy's new shop.

Got my autograph sent to me from Fair City from Louie :D:D and they sent me the nice pen he signed it with. smiling away now :D:D

Got my autograph sent to me from Fair City from Louie :D:D and they sent me the nice pen he signed it with. smiling away now :D:D

My mother got his autograph at the races in Mallow about 15 years ago when he was playing a baddie in Glenroe :D

• Advertisement

Lol'd at Keith and Pete last night

Who is living in Tracey's house now? Does Bob live there still?

Is Yvonne and Suzanne living in Louie's or Carol's apartment?

Fair City always seem to have this knack for things to happen without us seeing it. For instance, the "wild party" at Orla and Keith's house with Caoimhe and Decco. Most soap operas would actually show this particular scene but Fair City prefer us to use our imagination in conjuring up the scene in our heads. I applaud Fair City for its unconventionality and its avant-garde approach! Either that, or the guy who plays Decco is currently unavailable for filming :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

Fair City always seem to have this knack for things to happen without us seeing it. For instance, the "wild party" at Orla and Keith's house with Caoimhe and Decco. Most soap operas would actually show this particular scene but Fair City prefer us to use our imagination in conjuring up the scene in our heads. I applaud Fair City for its unconventionality and its avant-garde approach! Either that, or the guy who plays Decco is currently unavailable for filming :rolleyes:

Yeah. i sometimes think I must have missed an episode when that happens.

Yes I thought I had missed an episode :p the same happened with the party at the McCoys that got out of hand

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

I think it's great that RTE is broadcasting such an experimental drama in a prime-time slot. I hope Christopher Nolan is taking notes.

I'd like an episode where the camera just wanders down the street, and we hear all the scenes from inside the houses as we pass. Then maybe a week of animation only. Can anyone draw Leo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

oh well. I thought a threesome was on the cards there..

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

oh well. I thought a threesome was on the cards there..

Between who?? Orla, Keith and Pete??

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

:confused:
    I think it's great that RTE is broadcasting such an experimental drama in a prime-time slot. I hope Christopher Nolan is taking notes.

I'd like an episode where the camera just wanders down the street, and we hear all the scenes from inside the houses as we pass. Then maybe a week of animation only. Can anyone draw Leo?
    :confused:whats this post about?....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I hope Christopher Nolan is taking notes.

He's dead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Nolan_%28author%29

:rolleyes:

iceblue wrote: »
    :confused:
    :confused:whats this post about?....

How weird it is when characters suddenly start talking about a big party that we haven't seen. It could get pretty surreal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Anyone else think that they are dragging the cheating husband story line way too far? We know that Dermot will find out sooner rather than later.

To the poster that wants to know how to draw Leo just draw a big pair of hands and you will be half way there.

Anyone else think that they are dragging the cheating husband story line way too far? We know that Dermot will find out sooner rather than later.

To the poster that wants to know how to draw Leo just draw a big pair of hands and you will be half way there.

I'd say they will drag it out till Christmas. That seems to be the traditional "it all comes out in the wash" season for soaps.

pavcro10 wrote: »
    I'd say they will drag it out till Christmas. That seems to be the traditional "it all comes out in the wash" season for soaps.

How do we think he's going to find out? Will Jo break down and tell him, or is Durve going to blurt something out? The real Fair City style would be to have both families somehow locked in the same house on Christmas day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lough55

Hi everyone, I've been lurking in the shadows reading this thread for a while now and finally registered. I watch fair city even though some of the stories not to mention characters are a tad unbelievable, still it gives me something to laugh at, as Im frequently told " all the same now you do know its not real life" when Im scoffing at the telly :p . As for the Jo and Tommy affair, Jo needs a slap, please taking in 2 foster children when her world is about to crumble around her. Poor Dermot... I cant wait for it to come out! I'd say a christmas special is indeed on the cards. Ohh imagine that little witch Caoimhe when she finds out, now shes another one that needs a slap.... As for Judith I mean I get the whole saving her marriage thing but this isn't the 1st time... And on her own doorstep this time, not to mention the kids are all practically grown and shes financially independent. Get rid of him now!!

How do we think he's going to find out? Will Jo break down and tell him, or is Durve going to blurt something out? The real Fair City style would be to have both families somehow locked in the same house on Christmas day.

I think it comes out around Christmas, Jo leaves first week in January I think.

lough55 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I've been lurking in the shadows reading this thread for a while now and finally registered. I watch fair city even though some of the stories not to mention characters are a tad unbelievable, still it gives me something to laugh at, as Im frequently told " all the same now you do know its not real life" when Im scoffing at the telly :p . As for the Jo and Tommy affair, Jo needs a slap, please taking in 2 foster children when her world is about to crumble around her. Poor Dermot... I cant wait for it to come out! I'd say a christmas special is indeed on the cards. Ohh imagine that little witch Caoimhe when she finds out, now shes another one that needs a slap.... As for Judith I mean I get the whole saving her marriage thing but this isn't the 1st time... And on her own doorstep this time, not to mention the kids are all practically grown and shes financially independent. Get rid of him now!!

Welcome to the thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Why did they not just let the affair come out at Christmas - they are seriously dragging this out now, with the four of them chatting in the Bistro last night - I don't get why a woman like Judith wouldn't tell Dermot...

They should have let Judith find out about the affair as the big Christmas story...as opposed to dragging it on like this IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

I really miss Bob. I thought that when he became the Lord Mayor we would see him using his position to try and take over Carrigstown and create his own little empire.

How far is Carrigstown from the city centre? I often see people cycling around on those Dublin bikes? Must be close enough if people are using those bikes for commuting. It must be somewhere close like Phibsboro or North Strand. ;);)

I really miss Bob. I thought that when he became the Lord Mayor we would see him using his position to try and take over Carrigstown and create his own little empire.

How far is Carrigstown from the city centre? I often see people cycling around on those Dublin bikes? Must be close enough if people are using those bikes for commuting. It must be somewhere close like Phibsboro or North Strand. ;);)

I believe it is meant to be around Drumcondra.

I think Bob will feature next week with the chain but they need to give him a decent storyline, he has been living off scraps for too long :(

• Advertisement

I believe it is meant to be around Drumcondra.

I think Bob will feature next week with the chain but they need to give him a decent storyline, he has been living off scraps for too long :(

Thats the problem with fair city. They give all the storys to the crap actors (Bishops, Dillons and Jo). Good actors like Bob, Ray and Pete are left by the wayside

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement