Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Engineering who's who

Comments

Second year, Mech engineering, IT Tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭bbbaldy

Aircraft engineer, Engines (Gas Turbine) and airframe (Pressurised).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

2nd year BENG Software Engineering at Uni. Wales :D

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭nl

3rd year Mechanical Engineering D.K.I.T
    feckin 31hr weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Fourth year Electronics engineering (Digital and Software Systems) GMIT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

im in 3rd Electronic Eng in NUIG.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

1st year Electronic Engineering NUIM

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

Graduate Electronics UU Jordanstown

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

1st Year Electronic Engineering, GMIT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Vodka_Junkie

4th year Electronic Eng. in UL.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

1st year Electronic and Computer engineering in NUIG.the course of kings!(barely any queens :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Heh I know all about that, only two girls in my course out of 45ish.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

2 girls in my course too out of like 20,lucky that we do classes with all the engineers sigh... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

2nd year chem eng in UCD. Rock on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

I'm doing applied maths for the leaving, HL, mock tomorrow, and I have to say I'm lost in the subject. With the exception of connected particles, projectiles, and linear velocity i cant crack it, but I'm fine with HL Physics and Maths. Is it really that important that I understand A.Maths now if I want to do CivEng in DIT or UCD next year?

you will be learning applied maths that you need from scratch in uni.so it doesnt matter if you dont understand it now.most ppl will have never done applied math b4 uni anyway,including myself.the last two times i went to maths physics,as it is called in college,were the exams...havnt gone to a class of it in months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭BlueShaun

BEng in Aeronautical from Queens Belfast

Just finished a MSc in Aerodynamics and Computation at the University of Southampton, with distinction :D

I can highly recommend the course in southampton, the race car aero course was great, taught jointly at the time (luckily) by Mike Gasgoyne, and William Toet.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭patto_chan

UCD B.E. Mech 1988
    UCD M.I.E. 2004
    Chartered

patto_chan BE MIE CEng MIEI
    ..... now where can I get more letters?? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

NUIG B.E. Comp&Elec 2004
    Now i'm doing a masters :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

1st year Automotive Eng DIT

• Advertisement

rkm wrote:
    NUIG B.E. Comp&Elec 2004
    Now i'm doing a masters :)

god how much harder is my course ie your course get omg :)

god how much harder is my course ie your course get omg :)
    It does get very intense in 2nd half of third year.
    Final year is tough aswell.
    Keep the head up. ;)

aww crap :) i find first year hard,nay impossible...so much stuff....graphics was laughably easy though.wonders does rkm teach me in labs...lol

aww crap :) i find first year hard,nay impossible...so much stuff....graphics was laughably easy though.wonders does rkm teach me in labs...lol
    Before i answer that i need to know
    1) are you a girl?
    2) are you a hot girl?

Thought first year was a piece of piss myself.
    I had done most of the subjects in secondary school;
    Physics, Chemistry, Maths Physics, Maths.
    I thought graphics was one of the toughest. :)

luckily i am not a girl at all,i dont need to be hit on by lab guys atm,like girls too much....at least i know your not the fourth year of our course thats goin out with one of my best friends.....thank god that guy doesnt teach me that would be weird.....
    "I thought graphics was one of the toughest. " lol took nearly 20 mins to do a 3 hour test...although yes some people think its impossibe.

oh to have done maths physics in secondary......ah i suppose 1st year would be easy if i went to classes.didnt go to a single chem,graphics or physics class.

if you taught a lab what would it be....? :)

.....ah i suppose 1st year would be easy if i went to classes.didnt go to a single chem,graphics or physics class.
    That may be your problem, but who does go to all their classes in first year?
    if you taught a lab what would it be....? :)
    Probably programming.

If you need some help feel free to pm me for my email.
    Best of luck. :)
    rkm.

ah well the classes thing...got through my exams in graphics and chem just phys left ....didnt mention not going to maths phys for the last four months :)
    thanks a lot for that programming offer,these " files" im doing ,i mean whats going on :)
    if you ever need help finding 2pac.....

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

BEng (Honours - Level 8) Electronic Engineering in CIT, Cork, Just finished 3rd year, on work experience in Motorola.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭CathalMc

Final year micro-EE with Daveirl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

ah well the classes thing...got through my exams in graphics and chem just phys left ....didnt mention not going to maths phys for the last four months :)

i never went to maths physics in first year. but id strongly advise you to go in second year, it gets pretty hard. I thought second year was ok overall, a lot more time down in Nuns' Island and the good ol' coffee dock!

Advertisement