Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What do you love about Boards?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Omackeral wrote: »
    It's can be as good as, if not better than, Google for answering local queries. It also serves as my main news outlet.

Oh and the 'photo's that shook the world' and the 'favourite mystery' threads are truly epic.

I though the thread about the girl on the bus with no underwear was epic.... You dont get to here that every day....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭LoYL

The Thunderdome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

The way theres always someone prepared to rip your post apart..

Really though, its just good craic! legendary threads etc and some posters just make me laugh. Can be useful on occasion too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 VelocityGirl 32

I loved it enough to return after a long hiatus (and traveling abroad), only to find I couldn't access my old account and made a whole new one to join back in with the debates. I like it here. Always did. Sorry to lose my old account, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

The
    way
    theres
    always
    someone
    prepared
    to
    rip
    your
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

realies wrote: »
    The diversity and the chance to interact with some people who I never would have a chance to anywhere else,and it can give you great laughs and some eduction to.

:D Epic.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

That after so many years on this site, that I still find reasons to keep posting. That, and the great people I've gotten to know, and befriend over the years.

The fact that there is such a varied range of information to be found/discussed, is pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,304 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I love the way it gives you something to do during the telly adverts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

The amount of fine beours I found on here is unreal. Boards is daycent, boi

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I love arguing with people, I love it so much I'll take a stance I don't agree with at all just so I can argue with someone. In reality I hate drugs and I'm a devote Christian.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I like when I'm honest about something and people get annoyed :pac:
    I like the fact that I can read a thread and get all sides of an argument and hear the thoughts of people that I'd probably never meet in real life :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭LoYL

I also like the fact that there is such a variety of opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭lecker Hendl

I love wumming all the insufferable arseholes on here.

ah no.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

The reported posts forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I love how if I have a question, I will usually find the answer on boards. Very knowledgable people on boards. Some people are very generous with their time on boards. :)
    Super-Rush wrote: »
    The reported posts forum.

The one thing I miss since I gave up modding. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Larianne wrote: »
    The one thing I miss since I gave up modding. :(

Very over rated (the reported posts and the discussions therein)-in the grand scheme of things, utterly pointless in terms of using and enjoying the site:)

Totally agree on the first point, though!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭lecker Hendl

Larianne wrote: »
    I love how if I have a question, I will usually find the answer on boards. Very knowledgable people on boards. Some people are very generous with their time on boards. :)
    have to agree with you here. It really is a fountain of knowledge. Something for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Ok this might seem weird, but every now and then when roaming random pages on boards, I come across a really genuine and touching post from a poster who, despite usually having a good few posts, I've neve rheard of before. I always think, I really like this person. Then of course, I log off and have a snoop in that person's previous posts, and when it turns out that they really are genuine and friendly and down to earth, that's one of my favourite things bout boards.

And yes...I'm a weirdo. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Einhard wrote: »
    Ok this might seem weird, but every now and then when roaming random pages on boards, I come across a really genuine and touching post from a poster who, despite usually having a good few posts, I've neve rheard of before. I always think, I really like this person. Then of course, I log off and have a snoop in that person's previous posts, and when it turns out that they really are genuine and friendly and down to earth, that's one of my favourite things bout boards.

Well, now ya know me! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

ScumLord wrote: »
    I love arguing with people, I love it so much I'll take a stance I don't agree with at all just so I can argue with someone. In reality I hate drugs and I'm a devote Christian.

See you at mass on sunday?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Einhard wrote: »

I do that to. All except the logging off part.

Never thought of that. . . . :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

The women's the sex truly falls out of there vagina's :)

( I just couldn't think of anything profound to say so i went with perverted)

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I love the craic, it's good fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭yore

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Even when you got banned it used to say 'All the best" at the end until they changed it.

yer aul' wan

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

yore wrote: »
    yer aul' wan

Mod

Not funny, banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SlyBacon93

I love the pessimism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

:D Epic.

:o:o Me still learning :o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

I'll moan about it but I love this site. Some very funny, witty people on here.

It's also fantastic for information and differing perspectives on almost any subject.

The mods are grand too in fairness, I only hate them for a few minutes if I get banned :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

The MODS on how great their Sense of Humor is !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

eth0 wrote: »
    See you at mass on sunday?
    No, Sunday isn't even a real day.

Advertisement