Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ITT, DIT, ITB merger

Options
  • 11-04-2012 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭

What's the story with this does anyone know?

Will it happen? I heard talks were in an advanced stage a while ago. It's really been spoken about since around 2009 in the An Bord Snip Nua report.
    Any idea what's happening at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭macrubicon

There was another thread a short while ago on this...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056557438

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TheBoss11

Any progress in this? Will they be forming and when?

Check out the website for all the information

http://www.tu4dublin.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mrs. Doyle

macrubicon wrote: »
    Check out the website for all the information

http://www.tu4dublin.ie/

Thanks for the link. Had a quick look. Just wondering if it is known yet when some of the courses will move to DCU from Tallaght? Do you know if engineering courses will travel across?

Thanks.

I'm presuming you mean DIT not DCU??

Courses will be aligned after the legal merger when the programmatic reviews allow. There is no schedule on that as yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mrs. Doyle

macrubicon wrote: »
    I'm presuming you mean DIT not DCU??

Courses will be aligned after the legal merger when the programmatic reviews allow. There is no schedule on that as yet.

I was speaking to someone a long time back and they had mentioned DCU but presumably were wrong. DIT would make more sense.

Thanks for the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

It seems from a response that I got to another post that this merger may be having an impact on honours degree accreditation, can anyone confirm this (the example I was looking at is the IT Tallaght Engineering degrees which don't seem to have been accredited last year by the IEI)?

BigCon wrote: »
    It seems from a response that I got to another post that this merger may be having an impact on honours degree accreditation, can anyone confirm this (the example I was looking at is the IT Tallaght Engineering degrees which don't seem to have been accredited last year by the IEI)?

Currently all 3 organisations are operating on an as normal basis. There is no merger yet and won't be until legislation is passed. So - nothing has changed on any of the 3 sites.

In terms of the IEI accreditation - your best bet there is to call the School of Engineering or the IEI - they will give you a definitive answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭yabbav

That was always the story and sure enough you'll never great a straight answer from the engineering office. Bottom line is if they are not IEI accredited I would suggest changing to a place that is. They've been spinning the yarn on the "ask the office" and the office saying "it will be soon" for way too long now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Here's the reply I received from the IEI last November:
    "It is planned to visit ITT next year for an accreditation assessment. If successful it will cover graduates from 2015."
    Make of that what you will...

• Advertisement
Advertisement