Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,910 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

For fcuk sake Liz, there are a lot of us who have yet to watch season 6 of the show and thanks to your post we may as well not bother. This is not a Psych dedicated thread where spoilers are acceptable.

Sorry Darko but if you had already read Richy's post he gave away Season 6 ending as well which tbf was aired in April or May of this year

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    For fcuk sake Liz, there are a lot of us who have yet to watch season 6 of the show and thanks to your post we may as well not bother. This is not a Psych dedicated thread where spoilers are acceptable.

Sorry Darko but if you had already read Richy's post he gave away Season 6 ending as well which tbf was aired in April or May of this year

Didn't see Richard's post till now and his was equally retarded. Just because a show aired a few months back does not mean that you can discuss pivotal moments and spoil major plots. In a dedicated Psych thread then yes it may be acceptable but not in a general discussion one.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Spoiler tags added (FWIW).

@Richard - please read the stuff you're copying and pasting.... have some consideration. Not everyone watches the show at 3am as soon as they pop up.

Mr E wrote: »

@Richard - please read the stuff you're copying and pasting.... have some consideration. Not everyone watches the show at 3am as soon as they pop up.

I know this may not be the place and I've discussed it before but is it possible to ban posts which simply copy and paste information from other sources. If someone is going to paste up such information then at the very least they should have to add something of your own. There are dozens of threads in this forum where the opening post is nothing more than a YouTube trailer or the opening paragraph of an article and tbh a lot of it feels like post whoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

TG4's Corp+Anam was awarded BCI funding this week so it looks like there will be a second series coming soon.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

The show ended in may ffs!

The show ended in may ffs!

Doesn't mean that everyone has seen it. Has season 6 even aired over here? Last time I saw Psych on TV it was season 5 and that was recently enough. Even if season 6 has aired over here that doesn't mean it's ok to post major spoilers for the show in a general discussion thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

to be fair to Richard I always assumed it was fair to post stuff like that what, six months after it aired? When is it ok to freely discuss programmes without spoilers? Can we talk about the LOST finale without spoilers yet?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

phasers wrote: »
    to be fair to Richard I always assumed it was fair to post stuff like that what, six months after it aired? When is it ok to freely discuss programmes without spoilers? Can we talk about the LOST finale without spoilers yet?
    Honestly, I'd prefer if that sort of spoiler was left to a specific thread talking about the show. If you're catching up with a show for example, or watching it on mainstream tv, then it should be let wait a bit longer - especially if only a few months have passed. You don't want to be spoilt in an unrelated thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I don't it's ever ok to "spoil" a show on anyone.
    I often go back and start watching a show, long after it has concluded - for example, I've only just started watching The West Wing - I don't want to know what happens in it, so hey guess what I avoid West Wing threads, but if I come in to a thread like this and someone says something about The West Wing, I will hunt you down, I will find you, and I will slap your face!!!
    Since Psych is the programme in question here - I haven't seen it, but I want to watch it at some stage. Thankfully I didn't see the spoilers before the tags were added, but if I had I'd be pissed.
    Anyone who doesn't use spoiler tags (unless it is in the show's own thread and it clearly states SPOILERS in the title) should incur a ban for a week to teach 'em a lesson. Second strike, a monthly ban... Three strikes, well you don't want to incur a third strike...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And even in a thread with spoilers in the title, I believe that just covers episodes that have aired and not for upcoming episodes.
    I always try to avoid spoilers and do the same for others. I still ask people if they've seen films like Seven or The Usual Suspects before I make a reference to any potential spoilers.
    Even when someone just says something like "there's a great twist at the end" or "it's left open for a sequel" then that is also a spoiler since if you're watching something and it has all wrapped up nicely, you're always going to be expecting something else to happen because that's what you've been told and so aren't as shocked as you could've been when it happens. This is why I try to avoid trailers or reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    films like Seven
    dont even get me started on that ****:mad:,
    Just to be completely clear on the use of spoilers:
    - If a thread title has the word "Spoilers" in it, then it is OK to discuss the most recent episode (or older) without using [ spoiler ] tags.
    - If you have news about a future episode (from spoilerfix, ausiello etc.), then most people don't want to know (no, really - they prefer to be surprised by major plot developments and twists).
    - If you feel it should be posted anyway, please use [ spoiler ] tags (to give people the option of reading them or not). Also contextualise the spoiler by saying what it's about outside of the spoiler tag (Spoiler about Season Finale, Spoiler about Character Exit, etc.)
    - Links to interviews, show news etc. are OK (people can decide on whether or not to click them).
    - Posting Youtube clips of "next episode" promos is also OK in the TV forum (people can decide whether or not to watch them).
    - Bear in mind that some show-specific forums in the TV category have their own rules about where promo clips can be posted. Please check their charter if you are not sure.

i do have to laugh at some of the unenforced stuff that happens around here, but at the same time we dont want the place to become 1940s berlin either,

but to get back on topic it seems like the studio making homeland have gone away and renewed the series for another 5 years:cool:, 2 of the stars of the show have reportedly signed new 5 years deals to continue playing their characters,

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/s188/homeland/news/a430190/damian-lewis-signs-five-year-homeland-deal.html

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

don ramo wrote: »
    i do have to laugh at some of the unenforced stuff that happens around here, but at the same time we dont want the place to become 1940s berlin either

Then help us out and report it. We can't read every single post in every thread.

The Psych thing was reported, and I acted on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

but to get back on topic it seems like the studio making homeland have gone away and renewed the series for another 5 years:cool:, 2 of the stars of the show have reportedly signed new 5 years deals to continue playing their characters,

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/s188/homeland/news/a430190/damian-lewis-signs-five-year-homeland-deal.html
    Thats me out!

That shits gonna drag!

Dane Cook's comedy Next Caller which was to air mid season has been cancelled before it aired by NBC

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Modern Family crew got I think 8 year contracts. That doesnt mean it will last eight years, just that they will be there if it does. Same for Homeland. If the show lasts for five more years, they will be there but its not a guarantee that it will last that long.

I don't it's ever ok to "spoil" a show on anyone.
    I often go back and start watching a show, long after it has concluded - for example, I've only just started watching The West Wing - I don't want to know what happens in it, so hey guess what I avoid West Wing threads, but if I come in to a thread like this and someone says something about The West Wing, I will hunt you down, I will find you, and I will slap your face!!!
    Since Psych is the programme in question here - I haven't seen it, but I want to watch it at some stage. Thankfully I didn't see the spoilers before the tags were added, but if I had I'd be pissed.
    Anyone who doesn't use spoiler tags (unless it is in the show's own thread and it clearly states SPOILERS in the title) should incur a ban for a week to teach 'em a lesson. Second strike, a monthly ban... Three strikes, well you don't want to incur a third strike...
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    And even in a thread with spoilers in the title, I believe that just covers episodes that have aired and not for upcoming episodes.
    I always try to avoid spoilers and do the same for others. I still ask people if they've seen films like Seven or The Usual Suspects before I make a reference to any potential spoilers.
    Even when someone just says something like "there's a great twist at the end" or "it's left open for a sequel" then that is also a spoiler since if you're watching something and it has all wrapped up nicely, you're always going to be expecting something else to happen because that's what you've been told and so aren't as shocked as you could've been when it happens. This is why I try to avoid trailers or reviews.

Far as I'm concerned the only time its acceptable to discuss any major spoilers for any show, film, book, etc is after first ensuring that everuone has seen that episode. I'm only after finishing The Shield, watched must of it way back when but didn't get a chance to go back and watch it all including the final series id missed till now. I would have been livid if someone had posted any spoilers from it in this or any thread not dedicated to the show. And even then I would expect that spoiler tags be used. There's absolutely no reason to risk ruining anyones enjoyment of any show but because The Shield ended 4 years ago some people think that it would be okay to post up the fate of Vic, Shane, Ronnie and Lem.

There's so much great TV out there that people are still discovering The Wire, Breaking Bad, Babylon 5, Farscape, Brotherhood, etc, etc. The list is endless and to possibly spoil someones enjoyment of that just to post up a piece of news you copy and pasted from elsewhere just seems wrong.

Girls and Enlightened will return for their second seasons on Sunday the 13th of January 2013 on HBO

• Advertisement

Bob's Burgers renewed for a 4th season by Fox.
    SyFy's Being Human [US] season 3 premiere set for Monday Jan. 14th
    Defiance is set for April 2013 on Syfy.
    Warehouse 13 returns for the second part of it's current season in April 2013
    CW has renewed America's Next Top Model for a 20th cycle...what's' nteresting is the move to a Summer schedule. It also means Cult will premiere on Fridays as a midseason show: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/10/16/americas-next-top-model-renewed-by-the-cw-for-20th-cycle/153342/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29

NBC has cancelled Animal Practice and replaced it with Whitney: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/10/18/animal-practice-canceled-by-nbc/153715/

phasers wrote: »

Exactly!....the threads are titled [US] + are spoiler tagged....so if you haven't seen older episodes don't read the thread!. its common sense that for example people will be discussing the very latest/just broadcast episodes.

Psych was aired months ago....

Far as I'm concerned the only time its acceptable to discuss any major spoilers for any show, film, book, etc is after first ensuring that everuone has seen that episode. I'm only after finishing The Shield, watched must of it way back when but didn't get a chance to go back and watch it all including the final series id missed till now. I would have been livid if someone had posted any spoilers from it in this or any thread not dedicated to the show. And even then I would expect that spoiler tags be used. There's absolutely no reason to risk ruining anyones enjoyment of any show but because The Shield ended 4 years ago some people think that it would be okay to post up the fate of Vic, Shane, Ronnie and Lem.

There's so much great TV out there that people are still discovering The Wire, Breaking Bad, Babylon 5, Farscape, Brotherhood, etc, etc. The list is endless and to possibly spoil someones enjoyment of that just to post up a piece of news you copy and pasted from elsewhere just seems wrong.

Yeah....as far as YOUR concerned......you, not everyone else, another example of foot stamping and rule dictating.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Exactly!....the threads are titled [US] + are spoiler tagged....so if you haven't seen older episodes don't read the thread!. its common sense that for example people will be discussing the very latest/just broadcast episodes.
    Can't say I agree. As a compromise, why not just spoiler-tag the more pertinent points? Easy enough for you and if people want more detail they can just highlight. Then everyone's happy.

ixoy wrote: »
    Honestly, I'd prefer if that sort of spoiler was left to a specific thread talking about the show. If you're catching up with a show for example, or watching it on mainstream tv, then it should be let wait a bit longer - especially if only a few months have passed. You don't want to be spoilt in an unrelated thread.

Now this makes sense....but according to Darko he wants ALL threads to not have spoilers. because....well, he hasen't seen The Wire yet so NO ONE can discuss spoilers for The Wire...ever, even in threads titled The Wire *Spoilers*....no, everyone else has to wait until HE sees the episodes first.

As for Psych outside of a Psych spoilered thread....i think the whole thing here and moaning and reporting is bs and blatant point scoring and pot stirring.

You've got a guy actively stalking the threads looking for infractions and reporting them....its targeted to one person, me.

Yeah....as far as YOUR concerned......you, not everyone else, another example of foot stamping and rule dictating.

Not only do you have the taste of a 16 year old girl but you act like one too.

Spoilers are a necessary evil when discussing a show which is why most each show has its own dedicated thread. Popular shows get two, one of the US pace and one for UK/Ireland pace. Those threads contain the word Spoilers in the title so anyone who reads them knows that they best be up to date. This thread however is not dedicated to any one show and as such no one expects to open the thread and read the about a certain show ended. there is absolutely no reason that you or anyone needs to post the ending of season 6 of Psych I this thread

You don't seem to be able to grasp that and Richard come on get, over your infatuation with me. Everytime I read one of your posts there's some snide remarke or dig aimed at me. It's the kind of thing that 16 year old girls do when bitching about one another. If you have an issue with me speak to a mod about it. P

ixoy wrote: »
    Can't say I agree. As a compromise, why not just spoiler-tag the more pertinent points? Easy enough for you and if people want more detail they can just highlight. Then everyone's happy.

Because we've already ironed out these issues with the mods before!....there was complaints of spoilers for future/not broadcast episodes....that got sorted/ People have followed the charter now in that regard.

Now Darko wants to retroactively change the charter for all shows...just because he hasen't seen them yet and can't keep out of show specific threads for some reason.....:confused:

Now this makes sense....but according to Darko he wants ALL threads to not have spoilers. because....well, he hasen't seen The Wire yet so NO ONE can discuss spoilers for The Wire...ever, even in threads titled The Wire *Spoilers*....no, everyone else has to wait until HE sees the episodes first.

As for Psych outside of a Psych spoilered thread....i think the whole thing here and moaning and reporting is bs and blatant point scoring and pot stirring.

You've got a guy actively stalking the threads looking for infractions and reporting them....its targeted to one person, me.

I never said that threads should not have spoilers. If you bothered to read any of my posts you would see that I don't believe that spoilers for a show need to be posted in threads not dedicated to the show in question and if the posters feels they need to then they should use the God damn spoiler tags. And Richard, I have seen the Wire.

Obviously you aren't even bother to read anyone else view on the subject of spoilers. We have all said that in the dedicated thread they are fine, they are not however acceptable in this thread unless sign posted and behind spoiler tags.

And no it's not pit stirring or point scoring, it's simply people getting annoyed that a season if the show was ruined on them by you. A show which has yet to air over here but as it aired in the US then who cares if it was ruined on those poor slobs waiting to see it on Sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Out of interest, what should the cut off be for spoilers? I'm only watching the Soprano's now but dont expect it to be spoiler tagged. There cant be an infinite ban on spoilers, nothing would ever get discussed. A month is loads of time outside of the specific threads. If you want to see it badly enough that spoilers annoy you, watch it sooner.

Advertisement