Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Owning a pistol in Ireland

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 conce452

My experience and sevral of my friends was you apply as you do for any other firearm, and that is it! I had a long history of owning rifles and shotguns, never caused the cops any problems so they just granted me a 40 cal licence rapidly. They have no idea at all of the security that I have, alarm safe etc. Ohter people seem to have to spend a fortune on security (even cctv!) and join a club. It seems to depend on where you live, how bothered that perticular firearms officer is, and the humour of that individual on that day!

Before you ask I have extensive security, I believe that all we all should to protect our sport

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

conce452 wrote:
    My experience and sevral of my friends was you apply as you do for any other firearm, and that is it! I had a long history of owning rifles and shotguns, never caused the cops any problems so they just granted me a 40 cal licence rapidly. They have no idea at all of the security that I have, alarm safe etc. Ohter people seem to have to spend a fortune on security (even cctv!) and join a club. It seems to depend on where you live, how bothered that perticular firearms officer is, and the humour of that individual on that day!

Before you ask I have extensive security, I believe that all we all should to protect our sport

You lucky fecker I am extremely jealous

Advertisement