Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Getting Involved in Comedy Acting

• 02-06-2014 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

A couple of directors I've met and auditioned or acted with have mentioned that I should think about doing some comedy acting. Just wondering how I might find these kind of roles? It seems like there is slim pickings out there on the casting sites at the minute, but if anyone had any tips for me it would be great?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭shiftkey

If you have a natural flair for comic timing, then perhaps you should consider starting writing five minute sketches of situation comedy and then hiring film production students to help you shoot you in them?

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

shiftkey wrote: »
    If you have a natural flair for comic timing, then perhaps you should consider starting writing five minute sketches of situation comedy and then hiring film production students to help you shoot you in them?

Thanks, interesting idea that! I suppose I am looking for something more straightforward primarily though, like just applying for roles in comedy shorts / films and so on!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭shiftkey

A lot of film companies will want to see a you in your own show-reel, like an artist's portfolio ye know, so perhaps you could get involved with an amateur dramatic society, and film their next production?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Shiftkey's is good advice, get a showreel together however you can. It doesn't need to look amazing, just show you can deliver comedic dialogue. Find a decent writer though if you want to make your own sketches, unless you're confident yourself. No amount of comic timing can save a bad script.

Advertisement