Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WATER MAINS

• 19-04-2009 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

Does anybody know a rough price for renewing a water mains in the home. Basically I need to take a new feed from the mains which is right outside my front door. The very old pipe coming in is rusting. I got a quote from a plumber which seemed extremely expensive. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

it depends where its going how far and what the route is like does he have to dig??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

i doubt anyone would do it for less than 500 and even thats being conservative sisnce we have heaps of unemployed tradesmen and were in a recession

18 months ago you could have payed double that depending o how far you are away from the mains

also depends on whether youre asking a private individual or finding a company from the yellow pages

how much did your man quote anyway ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

might be better suited to Construction & Planning

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=876

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Davy wrote: »
    might be better suited to Construction & Planning

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=876

Agreed. Moved.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

bliprider wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anybody know a rough price for renewing a water mains in the home. Basically I need to take a new feed from the mains which is right outside my front door. The very old pipe coming in is rusting. I got a quote from a plumber which seemed extremely expensive. Thanks

Believe it or not its not a big job for a good plmber. But its a wet job, s/he usually has to work live and it usually takes 2 plumbers one day. 500 should do it,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bliprider

Thanks for your advice. It's very helpful to hear. Basically the water can be turned off outside the door. We can take a feed from the mains outside. This involves (I'm told) digging a small hole right outside my door and running a pipe less than metre into the house to connect to the pipes inside. The entire house was gutted and all other piping is new and in place ready for the new feed. The plumber said it would only take him half a day?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

bliprider wrote: »
    Thanks for your advice. It's very helpful to hear. Basically the water can be turned off outside the door. We can take a feed from the mains outside. This involves (I'm told) digging a small hole right outside my door and running a pipe less than metre into the house to connect to the pipes inside. The entire house was gutted and all other piping is new and in place ready for the new feed. The plumber said it would only take him half a day?

again you make the job seem smaller. Get a plumber to do it. What i mean is a good registered plumber. It will not them them long.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

how much were you quoted by the sound of it it would be 450- 500€

Advertisement