Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Medical & How long have you been waiting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

Well done dub dan . How long ago did you do your medical .

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DubDan

thesamster wrote: »
    Well done dub dan . How long ago did you do your medical .

I did my medical last Thursday so only a couple of days ago. I was shocked when I got the email today I started my application 4 and a half years ago so I have seen everything take so long to happen.

• Site Banned Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Raider190

DubDan wrote: »
    I did my medical last Thursday so only a couple of days ago. I was shocked when I got the email today I started my application 4 and a half years ago so I have seen everything take so long to happen.

Well done , that is the longest waiting period I have heard of . You will enjoy the training .

Ya you have been waiting a good while good luck to you with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

Any1 been get calls for medicals?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭coolock94

RUNNER 1 wrote: »
    Any1 been get calls for medicals?

I'm thinking of ringing the vetting office has anyone else done this or is it a good idea to ring them ?

I did my man , there full of BS , but you give it ago if you want.

So they don't mind you calling ? I emailed the gr office still waiting on a reply. How are you getting on runner ?

I am not getting anywere fast coolock , lol but hopefully il catch a break soon

Are you past your medical yet ? I got an email of the gr saying that my br is still in vetting and they contact me when it's out. Would the vetting give me an idea as to how long it will be ?

• Advertisement

I rang the vetting and they said I have to ring the gr office as they liaise wit the vetting and me

Are they taking a group in soon . Anyone know or is it knocked on the head for a while .

No post in 5 months . So who else is hoping a medical may come up this year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Steveo.

No post in 5 months . So who else is hoping a medical may come up this year ?

Hey Runner.
    How long are you waiting for your medical?

Hey , :) Iv been waiting 18 months on a medical and iv been in the process 2 years . What about yourself?

Hey , :) Iv been waiting 18 months on a medical and iv been in the process 2 years . What about yourself?

I'm a Garda Reserve for the past two years now. My total time waiting was four years nearly. But every person waiting time is different.

4 years that's one the longest iv herd , why so long ? or did they give u a reason. how you like been a Reserve garda ?

4 years that's one the longest iv herd , why so long ? or did they give u a reason. how you like been a Reserve garda ?

Yeah it was a long time. But well worth it at the end. How do I like been a Garda Reserve, I love it. It is fantastic altogether.
    Some may say they hate it etc. but I enjoy every minute when I'm on duty bud.

hope to get going this year , but herd nothing yet .

hope to get going this year , but herd nothing yet .

You can email HQ and just ask them you are wondering where are you on getting admitted. I never done a thing. One of the reasons I was so long.

• Advertisement

I actually did like 4 months ago and they said they didn't know .But I'd love to be one the ones in next batch of medicals , but again no dates have been set ,they seem to be taking a long time this year organising it.

I actually did like 4 months ago and they said they didn't know .But I'd love to be one the ones in next batch of medicals , but again no dates have been set ,they seem to be taking a long time this year organising it.

A lot of that would be down to the full time recruitment. The recruits will be out next month. So I would imagine they will bring the reserves in then. Still no harm to email them. Keep on top of them.

How many of the 300 will be out ?they be going on the job training ? O for sure , no harm in finding out il leave it another week are so before i send one again.

How many of the 300 will be out ?they be going on the job training ? O for sure , no harm in finding out il leave it another week are so before i send one again.

I don't no how many actually. But I'd say a good amount of them if not all.

Crazy.. that went so quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭tg123

100 are due in their stations in april

tg123 wrote:
    100 are due in their stations in april

Happy days. bita free room in the college as well .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

300 ? Was there not just 2 intakes of 100 ..

I thought there was 300, my mistake .

• Advertisement

Any1 here anything about medicals for Reserves this year?

Advertisement