Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Star Wars is crap

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

No. Get a life nerds
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    So the sci fi geeks are having their big day again apparently.

"May the fourth be with you" and other nerdy word plays are popping up all over the place but does anyone else think it's a load of old bollox?
    The power of the force is beyond the weak willed and idiots of the world to understand.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

No. Get a life nerds
    smash wrote: »
    In the same breath, adults should not get so worked up about a kids movie.

I kind of agree, in a non trolling way.
    I wouldn't put Star Wars in the same class as Hook. Maybe Jumanji though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Atari. References to old consoles matter more to me
    krudler wrote: »
    only three people in the original trilogy have lightsabers, Luke, Obi-Wan and Vader, everyone else uses blasters.

the Jedi are influenced by samurai anyway, thats kind of the point, they're an old school clan of warriors/peacekeepers in a modern age.

They're a shower of stick fighting cock smokers is what they are. And what's the deal with that little gremlin looking fúcker, he's supposed to be the oldest wisest gremlin in the whole universe, or some such ballsology and yet his english is worse than Trapatonis! Play well, will dunne if correctly shoulders heals.
    Where's my god damn fighting stick!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

"May the fourth be with you" and other nerdy word plays are popping up all over the place but does anyone else think it's a load of old bollox?

yep it is just like when people rant over the x factor on social networking or on football matches.....

:rolleyes:

its all a bit of fun :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭lmaopml

No. Get a life nerds
    They're a shower of stick fighting cock smokers is what they are. And what's the deal with that little gremlin looking fúcker, he's supposed to be the oldest wisest gremlin in the whole universe, or some such ballsology and yet his english is worse than Trapatonis! Play well, will dunne if correctly shoulders heals.
    Where's my god damn fighting stick!!

Hey Square Pants, get back in your Pineapple :P Ye Crater faced, squeeky son of gun. Fighting stick indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Observation fail. Watched the Big Lebowski for the first time last month and thought it was shit.

Better luck next time maaaaaan.

The Big Lebowski is an interesting movie. It's not exactly standard fair, is aimless for large portions but contains great performances by 3 of the best character actors to ever work in Hollywood.

Do you see what happens Xavi, when you **** a stranger in the ass?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Never seen any of them due to people wrecking my head about them, know most if not all the entire story due to parodies which were stupid too,except for Family Guys ones.

You can't fully appreciate the Family Guy trilogy of Star Wars parodies unless you've seen the original Star Wars trilogy itself.

For the record, I love the original trilogy,hated the prequels and hated the remastered editions of the originals. I've still got a shyte load of original merchandise (namely figures & vehicles) some of which is worth a nice few quid.

If that makes me a nerd then I'm seriously disturbed as to how blurred the distiction between 'nerd' & 'normal' has gotten.

one of my favourite Star Wars parodies ....

I also liked the Big Lebowski,was an alright film nothing too special,much like that other film the "cool" people like to tell people they've seen 'Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas,again,I Liked it but not to the point of thinking it was brilliant..........and I couldn't give a flying fook what anyone else thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

EarlERizer wrote: »
    much like that other film the "cool" people like to tell people they've seen 'Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas

Fear & Loathing is a pile of ****. Couldn't watch more than 15 mins of it without wanting to smash my TV.

Fear & Loathing is a pile of ****. Couldn't watch more than 15 mins of it without wanting to smash my TV.

clearly you nevr lost a week of your life when your student loan came in :pac::D

Snowie wrote: »
    clearly you nevr lost a week of your life when your student loan came in :pac::D
    I have. But I wasn't prepared to lose an hour and a half more of my life of that film! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Doesn't matter what you find crap, a fan of said crap will always creep out of the woodwork and say 'You just don't get it'

Such as is this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

EarlERizer wrote: »
    I also liked the Big Lebowski,was an alright film nothing too special,much like that other film the "cool" people like to tell people they've seen 'Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas,again,I Liked it but not to the point of thinking it was brilliant..........and I couldn't give a flying fook what anyone else thinks.
    I don't think anyone would say Fear and Loathing is brilliant, just fun to watch when you're stoned.

There's a big difference between "fun" and "brilliant". IMHO the original star wars are fun, definitely not brilliant. Up there with Independence Day, Con Air,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Star Wars is the best fucking trilogy to ever be put to film, you bastard. And all this talk of imaginary prequels, stop it, they don't exist and you know it, too.

You fucks get your oh-so-life-changingly-important months of people running about a field chasing balls, we got this. Star Wars nerd4lyfe, yo.

Also, nerd4lyfe apparently isn't flagged as incorrect, but movie is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

ejmaztec wrote: »
    It has to be said that Star Wars, and everything about it, is the biggest load of bollocks the world has ever known. It could have been worse though, it could have been a series of musicals.

shhhhh, don't be giving Lucas any ideas!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

No. Get a life nerds
    Liked the first three films but George Lucas has wiped his corporate arse with the legacy of the originals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

No. Get a life nerds
    I liked it when I was a kid and some of the films are still pretty good.

Grown adults that are still really into it need a ride.

Grown adults that write stuff on that Star Wars Wiki thing need a long prison sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Star Wars itself is just fine but grown adults who are obsessed with it need a good talking to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

No. Get a life nerds
    Absolutely.
    It's a pile of shíte. My main problem with it is, they can build spaceships and laser cannons and all this amazing advanced technology, yet they choose to fight with fúcking sticks?:confused::confused::confused:

Stand 50 metres away and shoot the bollox, don't get so close as he can hit you with a stick! How retarded is that.

Agreed. Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

It's not Sci-fi.

I have. But I wasn't prepared to lose an hour and a half more of my life of that film! :D

Listen here bruiser I will distroy you if you ever say anything like that again :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

No. Get a life nerds
    People complaining about it not being realistic enough? I mean, REALLY? Its a fantasy story. Of course its not going to be realistic. What does it matter anyway, its not trying to be realistic, quite the opposite infact.
    If thats the case then every single movie/video game ever created is crap because they're unrealistic. I think the main reason why so many people dislike it is because they're all embarrassed and are afraid of other people making fun of them for watching something so silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Is this a thread about made-up controversial opinions or actual controversial opinions?

Anywho, when I was younger I really liked the original 3 Star Wars movies. I thought the prequels were awful shít. Recently I ended up watching two of the original three again and I was filled with a huge sense of "meh".

Anyway, what I am trying to say is soccer is shít. Irish soccer, British soccer, the Euro 2012, the World Cup, everything. Fúck knows how it got to be popular.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I love geeks ripping on other geeks. Being a moderator on an internet forum (as we both are) and playing Trophy Manager would be considered geeky by many people.

I think Trophy Manager is a big pile of ****e. To each their own. I'm not the biggest fan of Star Wars by a long shot but I don't go posting loaded polls about the matter.

The only reason I would advise people to watch it would be to appreciate all the pop culture references to it.

Nothing wrong with being a geek or a nerd.

Edit: 34k posts on an internet forum. Not a geek. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Can't say is if it's crap or not, I've never seen it.

I do know that I've never had the slightest interest in wanting to watch any of the films and I doubt I ever will. I don't feel like I'm missing anything. I already know the gist of the story and I'm not one for special effects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

MrStuffins wrote: »
    You know what else is crap? The Big Lebowski! I seriously think people only like this movie because they think other people do and they feel they should!

"The Dude abides.......". The Dude can suck my balls!

HERETIC !!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Star Wars was a fluke. If Empire Strikes back was handled by Lucas then you can be sure it would have been just as reviled as ROTJ, Phantom Menace etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Doesn't matter what you find crap, a fan of said crap will always creep out of the woodwork and say 'You just don't get it'

Such as is this thread

I wonder if you actually read any of the posts before you posted because nobody actually said that.

I love the original trilogy btw because

1 Nostalgic Value.
    2 As pure escapist Sci-fi/fantasy they haven't been bettered IMO.
    3 They have some of the most unforgettable characters recorded on film: Darth Vader, Han Solo, Luke, Obi-wan.
    4 I'm always left with a smile on my face after watching them.

I don't understand the negativity and insults from some people. People are into different things, get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

Saw two of the movies when I was a kid and didn't care for them.

I'm big enough as a person to ignore Star Wars but what pisses me off is when it inflitrates things I DO like - like How I Met Your Mother, Family Guy and That 70s Show *.

"SHUT UP TALKING ABOUT FOOKING STAR WARS. Then it spills over into hatred :pac: The stupid characters, the dumb names, the music everything just annoys me then.

* Yes I know ... these shows are crap. It's ok.

Nasty_Girl wrote: »
    I'm big enough as a person to ignore Star Wars but what pisses me off is when it inflitrates things I DO like - like How I Met Your Mother, Family Guy and That 70s Show *.

Hey, the family guy parody was good!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

The family guy parody was crap. Didn't laugh once.

Advertisement