Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Star Wars is crap

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

No. Get a life nerds
    star wars AND the dude bashing in the same thread?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

MrStuffins wrote: »
    And people who like it like it because those other people do. It's a terrible movie!

Yeah I agree,it's an awful movie written and directed by 4 times Oscar winners Joel and Ethan Coen.

Obviously don't have a clue what they're doing :rolleyes:

Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

No. Get a life nerds
    Well its a million times better than 99% of every useless hollywood movies that is spewn out for the low attention span audiences of today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Atari. References to old consoles matter more to me
    Agreed its crap and overrated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

No. Get a life nerds
    I voted yes but I don't want xavi6 to have his evil way with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

No. Get a life nerds
    I wonder how many people who say Star Wars/LOTR/Star Trek/Harry Potter etc have even seen them. I hate Twilight, but at least I watched the first movie to form my own opinion, some people just seeem to instantly dislike anything thats popular or "nerdy" because they should, silly sheeple.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

No. Get a life nerds
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    So the sci fi geeks are having their big day again apparently.

"May the fourth be with you" and other nerdy word plays are popping up all over the place but does anyone else think it's a load of old bollox?

Hey - it could be worse, it could be that "Sex in the city" schite! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

No. Get a life nerds
    I actually love all the Star Wars movies and I'm a girl. I think they are deadly:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Star Wars was important for what it gave to the industry. It's huge success allowed a newly minted Lucas to set up Skywalker ranch (industrial light and magic and skywalker sound et al). Their contribution to the improvements in the movie industry are for me the legacy of Star Wars.

Also, John Williams' score is bloody brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

FatherLen wrote: »
    star wars AND the dude bashing in the same thread?!?

I agree, the dude is not the issue here

• Advertisement

No. Get a life nerds
    foxyboxer wrote: »
    Star Wars was important for what it gave to the industry. It's huge success allowed a newly minted Lucas to set up Skywalker ranch (industrial light and magic and skywalker sound et al). Their contribution to the improvements in the movie industry are for me the legacy of Star Wars.

Also, John Williams' score is bloody brilliant.

yes it is, its a masterpiece

• Registered Users Posts: 20,891 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I enjoyed the original trilogy but don't get the reverence paid towards it. They're essentially fun kids movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

While I enjoy the original movies, it stops there. They're just a bit nostalgic and that's why I like them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Star Trek is worse shít,

dudes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

"May the fourth be with you" and other nerdy word plays are popping up all over the place but does anyone else think it's a load of old bollox?

Absolutely.
    It's a pile of shíte. My main problem with it is, they can build spaceships and laser cannons and all this amazing advanced technology, yet they choose to fight with fúcking sticks?:confused::confused::confused:

Stand 50 metres away and shoot the bollox, don't get so close as he can hit you with a stick! How retarded is that.

My main problem with it is, they can build spaceships and laser cannons and all this amazing advanced technology

Why are the lasers so much slower than bullets too? The speed of light is faster than a bullet like...

No. Get a life nerds
    Absolutely.
    It's a pile of shíte. My main problem with it is, they can build spaceships and laser cannons and all this amazing advanced technology, yet they choose to fight with fúcking sticks?:confused::confused::confused:

Stand 50 metres away and shoot the bollox, don't get so close as he can hit you with a stick! How retarded is that.

only three people in the original trilogy have lightsabers, Luke, Obi-Wan and Vader, everyone else uses blasters.

the Jedi are influenced by samurai anyway, thats kind of the point, they're an old school clan of warriors/peacekeepers in a modern age.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Absolutely.

This reminds me of watching the movie Samurai when a friend said "why didnt they just pickup the guns" :o

Wars sucks Trek rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

The whole point of Star Wars, the whole point of sci-fi, is escapism. You can sit down and dissect any sci-fi show ever and find any number of massive plot holes. Why do all Aliens speak english? Faster than light travel is actually impossible according to Einstien. Why do the Aliens in Alien look like a guy in a suit? What does the bad guy do while the crew in Star Trek are away having a conference, have a tea?

Yes Star Wars has it's holes and bad acting, but at the end of the day it's still enjoyable and that's the whole point. The whole 'May the Fourth be with you' thing is just a bit of fun. Anyone who takes that seriously can probably be ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭lmaopml

No. Get a life nerds
    I like Star Wars and Star Trek (except for the Deep Space Nine) I like Doctor Who, and heck I even liked Buffy The Vampire Slayer in it's day, all the real old Twilight Zone episodes( not to be mistaken for the Twilight vampire series) and all the old Hitchcock movies - all that stuff, heck I even liked ET and Ghost Busters.

I'm bringing my two kids to the Star Wars convention in City West this weekend, and I might consider wearing my Leia outfit too - Nerd and proud. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

lmaopml wrote: »
    I like Star Wars and Star Trek (except for the Deep Space Nine)
    :eek:

DS9 was the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

You're a load of old bollox, Star Wars rules.
    MrStuffins wrote: »
    You know what else is crap? The Big Lebowski! I seriously think people only like this movie because they think other people do and they feel they should!

"The Dude abides.......". The Dude can suck my balls!

The Big Lebowski does suck though, you're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Some older cousins who really liked Star Wars made me watch them when I was about 10 and while I enjoyed them, I was too young to really understand them.

I've seen the sequels which weren't that good.

Sci-fi isn't really my thing though. Although I've promised myself I will watch the originals again at some point.

It's amazing how George Lucas has destroyed his own brand in 35 years. When the first one came out, who would have guessed that fecking Yoda would be a gimmick for a Vodafone advert.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

No. Get a life nerds
    I like Star Wars, Star Trek and lots of others which provide escapism ...and thats what they are really, a bit of fun for some.
    Sure some of every film/tv series dips in quality. It means that we are able to spot the better ones easier.

There are bigger things to gripe about. Relax, it's light-hearted daftness that switches us off from the real world craziness temporarily.

May the farce be with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I liked the Star Wars movies (the 1st 3, the recent trilogy was a stiff, sterile, and boring heap of shìt) but the nerds have ruined them and put them on this insane pedestal.

You can't go anywhere on the web without coming across yet another oh-so funny / serious Star Wars reference / light saber fight daily, so be it's over-saturation in pop culture.

And George Lucas has beaten the dead horse so much that it's now a fine liquid.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

lmaopml wrote: »

I'm bringing my two kids to the Star Wars convention in City West this weekend, and I might consider wearing my Leia outfit too - Nerd and proud. :P

Those poor children :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I like the world of Star Wars and in particular love the rich visuals in the later movies but really, the dialogue and plot mechanics are utter utter utter (to infinity) bollix. Queen Amidala dies because she loses the will to live.... You spent a bajillion dollars on this movie and THAT was the best you could come up with??

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

No. Get a life nerds
    They were definitely good when I was a kid, the old ones that is. The new ones are complete and utter loads of horse semen.

I watched the old ones again recently, they don't have the same effect on me as they did when I was a kid.

Id much prefer sci-fi such as Aliens or The Thing now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Star Wars is a kids movie. Saying it's shíte is like saying Power Rangers are shíte. For pure entertainment the original ones are good. Going into plot holes and bad characters is like complaining that Barney is shíte because T-Rex didn't have teeth like that.

• Advertisement

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Star Wars is a kids movie. Saying it's shíte is like saying Power Rangers are shíte. For pure entertainment the original ones are good. Going into plot holes and bad characters is like complaining that Barney is shíte because T-Rex didn't have teeth like that.
    In the same breath, adults should not get so worked up about a kids movie.

Advertisement