Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DPF required for MOT in UK / NI

• 12-02-2014 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

Diesel particulate filter check now required as part of MOT test.

“This change to the MOT tests makes it clear – if you have this filter removed from your car it will fail the test.”

So this new requirement has come into effect here in NI as of this month. As is usually the way, ROI tends to follow many UK regulations.

I know that there are quite a few people out there who have had their DPF's removed, and now they're gonna have to spend a few hundred quid getting a new one fitted again.

I was looking at this Leon FR but on the ad it says "DPF has been removed with documentation"... so basically it wont pass the next mot unless you spend a few hundred quid (£744 + Labour) to refit one?!:eek::confused: (unless it's been done discreetly)

Surely this is going to sting alot of people who unknowingly buy cars with DPF's removed?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭FR85

I have a PD170 and I've had the DPF removed due to it costing a fortune to replace, that and the car was using more fuel prior to it being removed, how "green" is that?

Mine was done in a way that the light still comes on with the ignition and the DPF casing is still there so in the grand scheme of things I don't know how they will test unless they plug her in and try and do a forced re-gen.........(not happening). It went through the NCT on the smoke test a month or two back so.......grey area as to how then will test?

I do agree however that it will be a blow to souls who buy cars not knowing and have to then get them fitted but I think anyone seriously looking at diesels after 07 will know and will have done their research and should be aware most models now will be fitted with DPF's. Buyer beware.....

Advertisement