Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yaris rear wiper motor

• 30-01-2014 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

hi

i got a quote of a new yaris rear wiper motor , over 400 euros ,

can i get the motor rewound , or do i have other options ?

cheers

figs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Just get one from a scrapyard.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

when to local scrapie and he said there are 2 types for the 05 yaris .

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That's because there's the 99 to 05 shape and the 05 to 11 shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 findersteve

They are 25-30 on ebay. so €400 new/fitted is ridiculous. Id say €80-€100 all-in for a mechanic to do that (inclusive of him going to a breakers to pull the part)

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Mr infomaniac

€400:eek:
    Learn to use mirrors and live without it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭bbbaldy

Do not pay 400e on a part that most saloon cars dont have or need.
    If you really want it fixed, a scrap yard or e-bay and fit it yourself, its an easy job. Google research the exact model of Yaris you have and you will get the right one. Aternatively remove old one (tape over hole to prevent rain ingress) arrive at breakers with example of correct part in hand.

Advertisement