Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BHAA 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

happygoose wrote: »
    Well done Irish Life, super race.

Have to agree. Well done to the Irish Life crew. Kept the high BHAA standards up in their first race.

Glad I put the 12 mm spikes on last night.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Racman

I have attached the results of the BHAA Irish Life cross-country race at Santry Demesne this morning.

Great to see that people enjoyed the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 deniseve

Racman wrote: »
    I have attached the results of the BHAA Irish Life cross-country race at Santry Demesne this morning.

Great to see that people enjoyed the race.

Racman,

Thanks for a brilliantly organised race. I don't see my name in the results page. My bib number was 1007 and my name is Denis Everett. I clocked 25:10 on my watch.
    Thanks again for a great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

deniseve wrote: »
    Racman,

Thanks for a brilliantly organised race..

I'd second that......I was very concious that when I was finished my warm down and was heading in for tea and buns that there were volunteers still going around the course taking down the markers and tape and so on.

Thanks a mill to all those who make this event happen....

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Racman

deniseve wrote: »
    Racman,

Thanks for a brilliantly organised race. I don't see my name in the results page. My bib number was 1007 and my name is Denis Everett. I clocked 25:10 on my watch.
    Thanks again for a great day.

This could be an admin error. When you register, you are given a race number and that number is supposed to be entered against your name in the data entry screen. I suspect that this process may not have been completed correctly in your case. The file of race entries is imported into the race management software before the start so that we can match names to race numbers at the finish. The tag timing readers in the mats record all tags passing across them. Your number was recorded at the finish (actually 25:20) but since no name had been imported, it is regarded as an invalid entry and not shown in the results. Unfortunately, errors occur from time to time and you were the victim this time, for which we apologise. I will try to get the record amended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 deniseve

Racman wrote: »

This could be an admin error. When you register, you are given a race number and that number is supposed to be entered against your name in the data entry screen. I suspect that this process may not have been completed correctly in your case. The file of race entries is imported into the race management software before the start so that we can match names to race numbers at the finish. The tag timing readers in the mats record all tags passing across them. Your number was recorded at the finish (actually 25:20) but since no name had been imported, it is regarded as an invalid entry and not shown in the results. Unfortunately, errors occur from time to time and you were the victim this time, for which we apologise. I will try to get the record amended.

Thanks for the prompt response. Once again, great race and am really looking forward to the Vodafone CC in Marlay Park in 2 weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭McWotever

Is there anybody in this thread that can talk to me via PM on behalf of the BHAA?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

McWotever wrote: »
    Is there anybody in this thread that can talk to me via PM on behalf of the BHAA?

AJAYC is the BHAA PRO

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭AJAYC

Any mug can enjoy cross country running! 260 souls ran in Santry last Saturday in our second cross race of the winter season. It's different to road, track & trail but really rewarding. There's nothing to be afraid of if you haven't tried it before, just some muck & a little more determination to keep moving. There are plenty of BHAA friends who will ensure you won't get stuck in the mud!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭SWL

AJAYC wrote: »
    Any mug can enjoy cross country running! 260 souls ran in Santry last Saturday in our second cross race of the winter season. It's different to road, track & trail but really rewarding. There's nothing to be afraid of if you haven't tried it before, just some muck & a little more determination to keep moving. There are plenty of BHAA friends who will ensure you won't get stuck in the mud!

Totally agree, did my first cross country race on Saturday, really really enjoyed it more so that road races, hope to do as may as possible this year.

If anybody is worried about trying cross country give it a go you are only racing yourself; i say that as a fully paid up member as the last man over the line:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

McWotever wrote: »

see PM

Our final race of the year is the Vodafone cross country 5k in Marley Park on Sunday December 9th, an exciting new addition to the BHAA calendar. Just to clarify, this is not a trail race, it's pure cross country, so bring those spiky shoes. We have had races here in years past but never a cross country challenge and it's also good in a month of Santa runs to get a bit mucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bludub

Would you recommend against this race if you only have runners?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

There's always plenty of people running in regular runners.
    If the ground is dry and hard, runners are fine.

Marley Park Sunday 9th for the inaugural Vodafone cross country 5k, there will be mugs, grass & a great atmosphere!

Will return with a weather forecast closer to Sunday, the only certainty so far is that sunscreen won't be necessary! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

I presume anyone can run this? And it's do-able in non-spikes?

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    I presume anyone can run this? And it's do-able in non-spikes?

Spikes will always be better but runners will still get you around.

geld wrote: »
    Spikes will always be better but runners will still get you around.

Agree, though this is a fairly flat cross country course, most people will still wear spikes. As the race progresses & the grass gets cut up, the advantage in my opinion grows. Though there will be many runners motoring there without spikes too.

SUNDAY: Cold and very frosty to begin. Present inductions suggest it will stay dry for a good part of the day, but that rain will develop later together with increasing southerly winds. Sounds great, bring
    the thermals & the brack might even be toasted!:D

• Advertisement

Registration is in St Johns GAA from 9.30 until 10.30 with the race starting at 11am.

We have our AGM on next Monday in the Alexander Hotel at 8pm

We have three sets of prizes to give out on the night for the Dublin Half Marathon, Summer League and Dublin Marathon. While the website is still being updated a summary of the winners are listed below

Dublin Half Marathon

Men; 1 R Cross () 1:14:39; 2 E Ramsey (Window Blinds) 1:14:48; 3 D Carrie (An Post) 1:15:22;
    M40; 1 J Canning (Fineos) 1:15:32; 2 R Cunningham (SkillSoft) 1:24:29; 3 G Flaherty (Dublin City Council) 1:26:37;
    M45; 1 D Carrie (An Post) 1:15:22; 2 S Judge () 1:21:43; 3 A O'Gara (Eircom) 1:30:10;
    M50; 1 M Francis (G & T Crampton) 1:20:49; 2 S Rooney (Dublin Inst Technology) 1:27:30; 3 S Naughton (ESB) 1:30:00;
    M55; 1 P Parrott (Murphy Gunn) 1:26:43; 2 T Clarke (RTE) 1:28:04; 3 J Cottle (Airbus) 1:28:08;
    M60; 1 N Mathews (RTE) 1:36:31; 2 D De Buitleir (AIB) 2:04:44;
    M65; 1 T Turner (LWP) 2:06:21;

Women; 1 A Quigley (St John of Gods) 1:27:50; 2 M Jennings (Secondary Teacher) 1:35:44; 3 K McDonnell (Gardai) 1:37:21;
    W40; 1 S Duffy (Dublin Solicitors) 1:40:24; 2 M Norris () 1:41:46; 3 B Stapleton (Accountant) 1:43:34;
    W45; 1 G Coogan (ESB) 1:50:48; 2 A O'Driscoll () 1:59:07; 3 J Lee (Dublin City Council) 02:01:00;
    W50; 1 E Rowland (St Lukes Hospital) 1:44:52;
    W55; 1 M Jennings (Secondary Teacher) 1:35:44; 2 M Kelly (Revenue) 1:50:28;
    W60; 1 102 E O'Brien (St John of Gods) 1:46:05;

Dublin Marathon

Men; 1 E Callaghan (Primary Teacher) 33:08; 2 F Whitty (AIB) 34:32; 3 R Cross (Arcdox) 36:30;
    M40; 1 D Gargan (Swords Labs) 54:18; 2 P O'Dwyer (Dublin Airport Authority) 04:32; 3 P O'Meara () 06:28;
    M45; 1 E McEntee (Detica) 00:00; 2 A Brennan (Norton Group) 00:00; 3 C Murray (CMB Design Group) 53:35;
    M50; 1 M Francis (G & T Crampton) 49:39; 2 D Quinn (Eircom) 59:20; 3 J Williams (LGCSB) 57:55;
    M55; 1 P Parrott (Murphy Gunn) 58:35; 2 J Tyrrell () 04:55; 3 P Muldoon (AIB) 08:55;
    M60; 1 P McDermott (Dublin Inst Technology) 06:14; 2 N Mathews (RTE) 31:00; 3 J Dunne (Smurfit Kappa) 38:43;
    M70; 1 S Kilcullen (Enterprise Ireland) 19:03;

Women; 1 M Jennings (Secondary Teacher) 19:33; 2 S Duffy (Dublin Solicitors) 29:27; 3 Gallagher (AMNCH Hospital) 37:28;
    W40; 1 M Norris () 48:51; 2 J Doherty (ESB) 10:23;
    W45; 1 S Duffy (Dublin Solicitors) 29:27; 2 M Purdue-Smyth (System Dynamics) 51:38;
    W50; 1 A Melody (ESB) 13:43;
    W55; 1 M Jennings (Secondary Teacher) 19:33;
    W60; 1 3501 E O'Brien (St John of Gods) 43:59;

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Two prizes? Yay!

RayCun wrote: »
    Two prizes? Yay!

Awesome year for you, there's talk of a radical handicapping system with 10kg weights incorporated into the timing chip for super fast improvers!
    Seems fair enough to me.

Fantastic cross country race in Marley Park this morning. Well done Mairead, all at Vodafone, the BHAA, the huge support from the Civil Service Harriers aka Phoenix Park Runners & most importantly all those who ran or helped. Did spot a few Santa hats but it's good to have a cross country option in a month of road races with red + white gear. Great atmosphere after watching the fabulous Fionnuala & the Irish team achieve incredible golds.

At this stage we're actually thinking of using boards as our website from now on!. PDF results from todays Vodafone 5km Cross Country.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bludub

I ran in this race yesterday. Great race, my first cross country. Well done to the organisers and BHAA

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

emerald007 wrote: »
    At this stage we're actually thinking of using boards as our website from now on!. PDF results from todays Vodafone 5km Cross Country.
    Many thanks to Mairead & her elves! My first BHAA run & my first cross-country run for ?30? years. Great to have the tea & cake afterwards, unlike all the other runs I've done this year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bfquinn

Bludub wrote: »
    I ran in this race yesterday. Great race, my first cross country. Well done to the organisers and BHAA

Tell your running friends about the BHAA, 23 races last year and it is only €15.00 per year to become a member and €10.00 to enter each race. Prizes throughout the field, all age categories and teams. Lots of tea and brack after the race and some extra grub at some of the races.
    Members who run regular races will be eligable for prizes in the league, for example last week for the summer league there were 6 mens leagues and 2 ladies and the top 10 in each section won cash prizes that is a total of 80 prizes.
    The best value in Dublin

• Advertisement

bfquinn wrote: »
    Tell your running friends about the BHAA, 23 races last year and it is only €15.00 per year to become a member and €10.00 to enter each race. Prizes throughout the field, all age categories and teams. Lots of tea and brack after the race and some extra grub at some of the races.
    Members who run regular races will be eligable for prizes in the league, for example last week for the summer league there were 6 mens leagues and 2 ladies and the top 10 in each section won cash prizes that is a total of 80 prizes.
    The best value in Dublin

Couldn't agree more, 23 road, cross country, trail, beach & track races for €245 with chip timing/food/drink/showers/parking/great social side after, individual & team prizes totalling €23,000, winter & summer league prizes plus half/full marathon ones. Great spot prizes too, technical tops, 3G phones & mighty mugs. Join & enjoy it. :)

Advertisement