Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Need a little help from someone living in Italy

Options
  • 21-07-2007 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone

I am looking to buy a second hand satellite receiver for Sky Italia. The help required is due to my lack of Italian and also I'm in Dublin and not Rome or Milan :( . So I am looking for help from some one in Italy so that i may get my hands on a Skybox.

Any way I found a web site thats seems to be selling a new receiver for 99 euro. Ebay also has a number of sellers, but they don't seem to want to post outside of Italy. I'm not concerned by the age of the box I would look towards a newer model if i could.

I only wish to purchase the receiver box and I do not require a subscription. My aim is to see how a Sky Italia box and a Sky Ireland box compare.

If any one would like to help please let me know.

Thanks for reading,
    Eoin

PS: The Corinthian, gandalf please delete if you this is the wrong location for my reqest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭ironingbored

I don't think the receiver makes a difference. It depends what satellite your dish is pointing at. When I lived in Italy I bought a run of the mill reciever and 80cm dish and got the installer to point it towards Astra 19.2 and Astra 28.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Moved to a more appropriate forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Strange question and I cannot be sure this answer is absolutely correct but to my knowledge the Sky Italia box is embedded NDS Videoguard encryption with the viewing card paired to it.

In simple terms it should be the same as the Sky digibox we are used to.

Not the type of thing I have lying about the house but somebody else on this forum will be able to give you more info.

Advertisement