Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Sandbox Games

• 19-02-2014 11:31pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, does anyone have any sandbox survival games out in the near (or not so near) future that they are looking forward to?

Project Zomboid
    This has looked great for a while now. Sandbox zombie survival game, with a definite focus on survival rather than combat. Avoid the hordes during the day while searching for supplies, and barricade yourself indoors at night to stay alive.

Miasmata
    I've not heard much about this, but i looked it up after it was mentioned on PcGamer recently. It takes the survival elements from other games, without the usual zombie/apocalypse scenario. You are on an island, and slowly dying of plague. Your aim is to find a cure, while also avoiding some sort of creature that is stalking you.

So, anything else on the horizon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

The Forest:

Looking to be one tense and scary looking sandbox game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Miasmata came out last year. It's interesting, and the mapping system is very clever, but it didn't hold my interest as long as it could have. Worth checking out, though.

I'm quite looking forward to Pulsar: The Lost Colony. It's essentially a spaceship simulator where you and your friends (or bots if you're a sad, lonely loser like me :( ) can control the various aspects of your ship, and you head and and explore the galaxy. Kind of like Star Citizen on a budget. The thing that got my attention was the way you can interact with the various screens, as opposed to just hitting keys. Could make playing either very absorbing or very fidgety.

http://pulsarthegame.com/

Advertisement