Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vivaro Speedometer

Options
  • 06-06-2013 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi, had to get gearbox changed in my 05 Opel Vivaro as the original one just gave up. I got a re-conditioned one from a dealer and made sure it was the right one. Aparently there are two different types as regards the connection for the speedometer. I did get the right one.
    This was a rush job as my local mechanic was going on holidays the next day & isn't back yet.
    From the start after it was fitted my speedometer didnt work. After a day or so i noticed that the speedo works from start off for about 100yds and then suddenly two red lights on dash comes on, STOP & (.) & the speedo shuts off straight away. Images attached.(service light is on because abs sensor needs replacing.
    Anyone got any ideas why this is happening. Mechanic wont be back for another week.
    Any input appreciated

Advertisement