Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mayo GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Was it not a Ballintubber match Cillian had to miss?

I am still not convinced he is out of galway game . there has been literally no talk of it. I reckon its first league game

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Anybody heading up to the opening game of the FBD league against NUIG on Sunday?Should be interesting......new managerial team in place,potential experimentation......

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

seligehgit wrote: »
    Anybody heading up to the opening game of the FBD league against NUIG on Sunday?Should be interesting......new managerial team in place,potential experimentation......
    We'll be there for sure! Raymond Mc Brien is the ref for this match.

U-21 match venue changed tomorrow. Now in Tubberclair GAA ground just outside Athlone. Throw in is still 2 pm. Venue directions here;

http://tubberclairgaa.ie/home/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=55

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭KMFCross

New captain: Keith Higgins, Vice Captain: COC

https://twitter.com/MayoGAA/status/551140207442296832

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

KMFCross wrote: »
    New captain: Keith Higgins, Vice Captain: COC

https://twitter.com/MayoGAA/status/551140207442296832

Well I guess they had no option, they had to tempt him out of retirement somehow

Latest score in the U-21’s, Mayo 3-06 to Westmeath 0-04. In the hurling, the latest score I have is Mayo 2-08 to Leitrim 0-04 at start of secont half in Ballinamore.

FT score in U-21's.

Mayo 3-07 to Westmeath 0-05.

Full time score in the hurling in Ballinamore
    Mayo 2-13 to Leitrim 2-05.

• Advertisement

Interesting first day out for the new regime.Neil Douglas was the undoubted star of the show until he went off injured.He took his scores very well and was excellent in general play.
    Plenty of pace in the Mayo attack with captain for the day Michael Conroy posted on the forty. Full forward line looked a tad small in terms of physicality.Evan Regan was well held in general play but kicked a couple of impressive frees.
    Great to see run outs for some new lads....Stephen Coen,Alex Corduff,Caolon Crowe.Nice to see Adam Gallagher back in the fray.Interesting switch at the break with Keith Rogers coming in for Ger Caff.
    There appeared to be a dearth of substitutes,tad surprising with the renewed vigour to unearth new talent.Hopefully David Clarke will get a run out before too long,sole unused substitute today.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

Neill douglas impressed alright with 4 from play. Thought Stephen coen got more involved in thé second half when hé played further up thé pitch. Evan regan got very little good Ball. Won and scored his third free which was outside thé 45. Serious limited number or subs though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Neill douglas impressed alright with 4 from play. Thought Stephen coen got more involved in thé second half when hé played further up thé pitch. Evan regan got very little good Ball. Won and scored his third free which was outside thé 45. Serious limited number or subs though

More than likely it will be a completely different team in Ballina with a change of established players coming in. No point in filling the bench either, better to give the fresh faces a long run.

Definitely a few positives to take from today and it was a decent game all things considered, NUIG to their credit, gave as good as they got.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

It looks like the two lads (Noel & Pat) are gonna give everyone on the panal a run out over the 3 games.

Some match photos uploaded now here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

Anyone know if I can link up two Cairde tickets so we get seated together?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Rawhead wrote: »
    Anyone know if I can link up two Cairde tickets so we get seated together?

Seating groups are available for Cairde tickets yes

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

Can you set up a seating group between Cairde ticket and a GAA Season Ticket?

jj72 wrote: »
    Can you set up a seating group between Cairde ticket and a GAA Season Ticket?

Yes, you can do that now from this year. Cairde season tickets are the same now as Croke Park season tickets and are also subject to the same T&C's.

See how you can set up seating groups here;
    http://mayoclub51.com/mayo-gaa-season-tickets/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Yes, you can do that now from this year. Cairde season tickets are the same now as Croke Park season tickets and are also subject to the same T&C's.

See how you can set up seating groups here;
    http://mayoclub51.com/mayo-gaa-season-tickets/

Quick question for Mayo Mick (or anyone else that knows the answer) I have two season tickets now set up on the same account for 2015. When I was setting up the second one it made me choose a different e-mail address to the first one. One ticket is a renewal of an existing GAA season ticket and the new ticket is a Cairde/Club+ one (only because the option to take another straight GAA ticket wasn't available).

Is it safe enough to assume that, at any allocated seating games, the match tickets allocated for these two season tickets will be next to each other as they are on the same account - or is there something else I need to do to make sure they are allocated side by side?

Quick question for Mayo Mick (or anyone else that knows the answer) I have two season tickets now set up on the same account for 2015. When I was setting up the second one it made me choose a different e-mail address to the first one. One ticket is a renewal of an existing GAA season ticket and the new ticket is a Cairde/Club+ one (only because the option to take another straight GAA ticket wasn't available).

Is it safe enough to assume that, at any allocated seating games, the match tickets allocated for these two season tickets will be next to each other as they are on the same account - or is there something else I need to do to make sure they are allocated side by side?

Yes, those tickets on the same account will be seated together. If you want to join a seating group or set up a group, you will only have 8 places available for other people (assuming you have 2 tickets).

When I set up my seating group, there is 3 on my account, myself and 2 juveniles. I have 7 places than for people. If some joins with 5 in their account, they all join the seating group. (Only the account holder can set up a seating group, or accept an invitation to join one)

Hope this helps. Anything else just give me a shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

I had two tickets in the one account last year and ended up not getting seated together for the Cork game. I would set up a seating group just to be on the safe side in case it happens again

Gavin Duffy starts for Mayo against It Sligo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

ColeTrain wrote:
    Gavin Duffy starts for Mayo against It Sligo

Nope , he hasn't togged at all

Nope , he hasn't togged at all

Yeah just seen that, he was listed on the program..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Yeah just seen that, he was listed on the program..

its pretty obvious he is not going to make the grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

I say forget about Duffy. New management team with some talented young players more deserving of an opportunity. Delighted to see Morgan Lyons giving a run today. Full of pace which we badly need more of

Fowler87 wrote: »
    I say forget about Duffy. New management team with some talented young players more deserving of an opportunity. Delighted to see Morgan Lyons giving a run today. Full of pace which we badly need more of

Lyons has pace to burn alright, he done alright today. Very unlucky to see his shot hit the post after a great run through the centre.
    Patrick Durcan and Michael Hall also had good games at half back. Durcan could be a a useful addition to the panel. He's full of running.

Evan Regan done well again, got a couple of scores and had the beating of his man.
    Mikey Sweeney and Alan Freeman caused the IT Sligo defence problems.
    Donie Vaughan was solid in a unfamiliar full back role.
    MOTM was Kevin McLoughin. He really is a superb player.

Also, good to see Davie Clarke back between the posts. Not that he had an awful lot for doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

Mc loughlin really was on top of his game today. Has pace to burn and great vision to pick the right pass. Some of his passing reminded me of another mac. The blonde one.

I've a few match photos from today uploaded now. Mayo v Sligo IT match photos.

• Advertisement

mayo.mick wrote: »
    I've a few match photos from today uploaded now. Mayo v Sligo IT match photos.

More sterling work MayoMick,could'nt make it down to Ballina today.:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement