Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Petrol prices set to decrease on Irish forecourts

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Any decent price for petrol around west Dublin, that pump app ain't worth a sh1th

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

That's more likely down to driving conditions than anything else. All petrol in ireland comes from the same place.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Are you in Swords? Prices are nuts there

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Still 149 around Kildare,was hoping for a better drop but it's better than it goiing up!

• Advertisement

There isnt going to be a 30-40 km difference between filling stations. At most there woulld be a small % difference, due to storage of fuel in different conditions but not in any way substantial enough to justify 2c/litre extra

Some of the cheapest fuel i've seen recently is around blanch.

More likely to do with the inaccuracy of measurement used imo.

I'll link to a post i made previously on the topic. You cant measure by using money as the constant - the price varies.
    Max Power1 wrote: »
    The only way to measure fuel efficiency is to calculate MPG by brimming, zero the trip counter, then re-brim, and calculate the miles per gallon (4.54 litres) manually.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Only way of knowing is to fill tank till it clicks off, take note of mileage, fill till it clicks off again and work out your mpg.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

That's more likely down to driving conditions than anything else. All petrol in ireland comes from the same place.

Where does it come from, you will get longer mileage out of fuel with a higher calorific content. FOr example E5 from maxol lasts less that 100% petrol as the ethanol burns quicker.

kona wrote: »
    Where does it come from, you will get longer mileage out of fuel with a higher calorific content. FOr example E5 from maxol lasts less that 100% petrol as the ethanol burns quicker.
    Ok, all fuel with the same RON comes from the same place then, if you want to be pedantic about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

Ok, all fuel with the same RON comes from the same place then, if you want to be pedantic about it.

Are you then saying all unleaded fuel is the same weather or not the brands additive is added?

Because i get petrol from many garages and i have noticed considerable differences in consumption between garages at times, even with a difference in power from the engine! back when i was driving a diesel i even noticed a difference at times!

And no, my driveing style doesnt change and i take note of the wind...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

for sure there is a difference in fuel as it dos'nt all come out of the ground out of the same hole....is the crude oil from north sea not different from the crude oil from the middle east, i don't know but would think that it's not exeactly the same..

pegasus1 wrote: »
    Are you then saying all unleaded fuel is the same weather or not the brands additive is added?

Brand additives dont give any meaningful difference, certainly not 30 miles extra out of 13.3 litres.

The basic ingredient, the fuel, is all the same, and comes from the same location.

This topic has been done to death in the past here.
    for sure there is a difference in fuel as it dos'nt all come out of the ground out of the same hole....is the crude oil from north sea not different from the crude oil from the middle east, i don't know but would think that it's not exeactly the same..

petrol rated at 95 RON is always the same fuel. We dont produce petrol/crude here, it's all shipped in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

KilOit wrote: »
    Any decent price for petrol around west Dublin, that pump app ain't worth a sh1th

If youre around Clondalkin the Laurels garage is 149.8 for petrol its the cheapest ive seen around, and diesel is 130 something.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

TOP on Cannon Row, Navan (beside the old Renault garage) was 146.9 for petrol this evening.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

petrol rated at 95 RON is always the same fuel. We dont produce petrol/crude here, it's all shipped in.

We *do* produce petrol here, Whitegate refinery produces about 40% of our needs.

Petrol sold as 95 can be anything from 95 up. Whitegate's "95" blend is 99.2, for instance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭popsmar

pumps.ie app is very good for the i phone

Advertisement