Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"The Beast" - Obama's car.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Feeky Magee

new_Presidential_limo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 64,762 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Topspeed 60mph :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭woody33

8 mpg (US) isn't too bad, considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd be very surprised if that only costs £300,000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Thats what I was thinking too Anan.

Right, a game. Lets play "Spot the weakest possible area for attack with an RPG"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

Anan1 wrote: »
    plus delivery and related charges

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

woody33 wrote: »
    8 mpg (US) isn't too bad, considering.

Yet he pushes the "carbon reduction" agenda.
    You'd think he'd have a hybrid :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Its a Diesel! 6.5 as in the Humvee I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭lee_

Right, a game. Lets play "Spot the weakest possible area for attack with an RPG"

Hope the CIA dont take me out for this one, It has to be that three inches of open window when Obamas driver is collecting his McNugget happy meal at the drive through. :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Screw the RPG just use one of these

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Anan1 wrote: »
    It's a bargain! I'll take two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

the drivers window opens judt in case he has to pay a toll................ thats when you spring your rpg attack...

this is rubbish. for security i doubt they have to pay tolls!!!!

in fairness i doubt they will have to guess whos car it was

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

hang on the keep his blood in the car just in case wtf

eh wait till he gets out
    / game

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭lee_

Martron wrote: »
    the drivers window opens judt in case he has to pay a toll................ thats when you spring your rpg attack...

this is rubbish. for security i doubt they have to pay tolls!!!!

in fairness i doubt they will have to guess whos car it was

That was a misprint, the window is to collect his MacDonalds

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

He has to open the door at some stage.

Patience is a virtue. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

6.5 Diesel?? If is a Cummins Diesel, it would the biggest faux paux considering his recent trip to Copenhagen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

unkel wrote: »
    Topspeed 60mph :rolleyes:

Thats only because the secret service agents that accompany him cannot run any faster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Why is Bertie driving it?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,762 ✭✭✭✭unkel

That's not much of a game, I'm afraid. The best protected area are the doors and they are only about 200mm thick. I launched a standard NATO 66mm LAW into a WWII tank in the early 90s. And that was old stock being replaced at the time (hence why I was allowed to fire one :D). That old LAW could penetrate 300mm of steel. Launch any RPG at the armoured doors of that car and anybody inside will be perforated by a million pieces of shrapnel. It will protect fine against heavy machine gun fire though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Damien360

unkel wrote: »
    That's not much of a game, I'm afraid. The best protected area are the doors and they are only about 200mm thick. I launched a standard NATO 66mm LAW into a WWII tank in the early 90s. And that was old stock being replaced at the time (hence why I was allowed to fire one :D). That old LAW could penetrate 300mm of steel. Launch any RPG at the armoured doors of that car and anybody inside will be perforated by a million pieces of shrapnel. It will protect fine against heavy machine gun fire though :)

I think you just made it on to the CIA watch list. Expect many questions at the airport !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Fugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Just try get the job as the mechanic who services it and replace the A/C with cyanide gas. Job done! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Standard steering wheel, but dashboard contains communications centre

Yep, I got bluetooth on my stereo too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shires

Heroditas wrote: »
    Yet he pushes the "carbon reduction" agenda.
    You'd think he'd have a hybrid :rolleyes:

You must be new around here.. Here's the score: do as I say and not as I do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

hi5 wrote: »
    Its a Diesel! 6.5 as in the Humvee I'd say.

...with a petrol tank!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

Its actually a GMC Topkick Commercial truck chassis with the front and rear panels of the Cadillac DTS and the headlights of the Cadillac Escalade to resemble a range-topping Cadillac(which will be dropped in 2011, currently the largest Cadillac passenger car in the range) and its the first Presidential limousine not to have a model name.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c6/Obama_Cadillac_limousine_in_2009_inaugural_parade.jpg/800px-Obama_Cadillac_limousine_in_2009_inaugural_parade.jpg
    In 1976 the White House was running a Cadillac Fleetwood parade car on 8.2 litre engine. The ClintonYears had a Fleetwood also built on a truck chassis with a 7.5 litre petrol engine, considering that the largest engine fitted in a Cadillac (Fleetwood Brougham) at the time was the ZR1 corvette 5.7 litre engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Deserves a thread of it's own, preferably AH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

The rims are lost in those arches, where's the veeetec...etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Better video of it getting stuck here:
    http://www.rte.ie/news/av/2011/0523/media-2963651.html#

Note the 7series clearing the gate with ease beforehand.

Advertisement