Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,914 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Shirley changed her mind about Andrew killing Hev very quickly

I hope Ben and Phil are caught out soon :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Michael Flower
    not sure who this is i know a mark fowler
    Michelle fowler
    martin fowler
    and michael moon and michael rose

I meant Michelle fowler , it was just a typo mistake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Tom Cruise

Cant watch this soap it is so morbid.
    That pink funeral was weird

Billy should have at least apologised to Andrew after his newspaper article

So Derek lie as become true! :eek: :P (He lied to Jack He had
    daughter
    but turn out he dose after all but he did not know about it! lol
    EastEnders' casts Derek Branning's daughter Alice

4560577586_139x170.jpg

EastEnders bad boy Derek Branning is in for a shock as his long-lost daughter Alice will soon be arriving in Walford.

Jasmyn Banks has been cast in the role of Alice, who turns up on Albert Square desperately searching for answers from the father she has never met.

Alice has been brought up by her overprotective mum and older brother Joey, who has always spoken ill of their estranged father.

When she heads to Walford, Alice wants to find out the truth about her dad for herself. Ever the optimist, nice girl Alice is eager and excited to meet Derek (Jamie Foreman) - but whether she'll be pleased by what she finds remains to be seen.

As Alice has led a sheltered life, viewers will also be left to wonder how she'll fit in with the rest of the Brannings and the drama which surrounds the family.

Banks commented: "I've been a fan of EastEnders forever and am thrilled to be cast as a Branning. It's such a privilege to be working alongside Jamie and I can't wait to find out what's in store for Alice."

EastEnders' executive producer Lorraine Newman added: "Jasmyn's a great actress and we are delighted to have her join the cast as Alice Branning.

"Alice will help us glimpse a softer side to Derek and, being part of the Branning clan, there's a huge amount of history for the pair to draw upon which gives us great potential for the future."

EastEnders fans will see Alice's first scenes next month.

Maybe Spoiler!
    This also mentions Joey! This is Alice Brother, who may end up coming to the show as well!

• Advertisement

Why the hell didnt Jean or Alfie go through the backpack to see who the owner was :mad:

Let back 12 years lol
    Here the episode that I Always wanted to see again

20-02-2000
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3LSGu5bh7Y&feature=plcp&context=C4394659VDvjVQa1PpcFOi2Hmv0nJK0rJ_MXjQftYIldeNuoDiuiQ%3D

Julia's theme, was really odd for that ending!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

I hate the portrayal of Jeans character, It makes bipolar people out to be simpletons who cant function properly and thats far from the case

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭BengaLover

I think if Phil says 'we just have to keep it together' once more I shall scream!

His 'keeping it together ' lines are just getting to be literally 2 or 3 every episode now since Hevs deff.:rolleyes:

I think Roxy aint the only one to fancy Alfie think Derek wants him too :p

It would have been better if Mandy was in bed with Billy and that was his alibi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

I missed a couple of episodes and im lost, what's Ian's deal and if he's narked at Mandy why is he naming the shop after her?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

This whole Bianca on the poverty line storyline is so badly written!

If she's so hard up, why a) refuse Derek's offer to rent a room, b) initially refuse Michael Moon's offer to clean Heather's flat for DOUBLE pay and c) spend precious money on a make-up kit and then try to flog it on the street, rather than just hold a party like everyone else does.

Also, she'd be entitled to housing benefit, working family tax credits and child benefit. How has she become so impoverished with all the help there is out there for her - I don't get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

This whole Bianca on the poverty line storyline is so badly written!

If she's so hard up, why a) refuse Derek's offer to rent a room, b) initially refuse Michael Moon's offer to clean Heather's flat for DOUBLE pay and c) spend precious money on a make-up kit and then try to flog it on the street, rather than just hold a party like everyone else does.

Also, she'd be entitled to housing benefit, working family tax credits and child benefit. How has she become so impoverished with all the help there is out there for her - I don't get it!

Did she not explain that by saying she has taken out loans? Probably a reference to a money-lender that will emerge soon.
    I also think that, in an effort to portray it as true to life as possible, they are showing how desperate people are becoming and how they are trying hard to hold onto their dignity.
    Bianca's story is real life for thousands of families in this country at the moment. A recent report showed that children are going to school/bed hungry:( - just like Bianca's kids. And "all the help out there" is very likely little help when a person sinks that low.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Shazanne wrote: »
    Did she not explain that by saying she has taken out loans? Probably a reference to a money-lender that will emerge soon.
    I also think that, in an effort to portray it as true to life as possible, they are showing how desperate people are becoming and how they are trying hard to hold onto their dignity.
    Bianca's story is real life for thousands of families in this country at the moment. A recent report showed that children are going to school/bed hungry:( - just like Bianca's kids. And "all the help out there" is very likely little help when a person sinks that low.

Pride and dignity is all well and good, but when you're kids are going hungry, you don't turn down an offer from your uncle of renting out a room. Also, she took the loan out to buy a new TV, while she also mentioned her kids needed new shoes and clothes.

Believe me, I know what it's like to struggle financially, but there are too many plot-holes in this storyline. There is financial help available to her if she needs it, such as that which I mentioned above. Her uncles would also help her out if she needed it - Derek is loaded!

I remember a similar storyline years ago with Mary the punk not being able to feed her daughter, but she was a single mum, with no family and no maintenance from the father. Bianca has help available, if she would only take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

the biancia storyline was just manufactured to enable her to go on another career break and have another baby. so it just doesnt make sense. in last nights episode they all went for a night out, which was ridicilous, and they were all starving two days ago. and there was plenty of food floating around at heathers funeral and biancia and her family could have brought a suitecase and filled it with sandwiches and they didnt. also whos running the launderette either her carol or whitney could work there. and she could organise it for her kids to be fed in school. most schools have breakfast and after school feeding clubs for those living in poverty nowadays. plenty she could do. her pride is selective. she stole a tenner from alfie and didnt bat an eye and wanted to be paid from dot without having worked in the launderette so shes happy to scam people when she wants.

im looking forward to this farce ending now to be honest. and if roxy went too, id be happy. shes even more anhoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

iceblue wrote: »
    the biancia storyline was just manufactured to enable her to go on another career break and have another baby. so it just doesnt make sense. in last nights episode they all went for a night out, which was ridicilous, and they were all starving two days ago. .

Tanya gave them the wine the other night when they were leaving her house. They drank that before the club and brought it with them to drink it in there. It was free in and they got glasses of water to use for the wine they had with them.

Im seriously considering writing away to the BBC. If they dont state that Jean has some form of an I.D , her character makes no sense to me

I just found out Friday episode Special Bianca episode.
    (like Stacey, Dot and Heather had.)

I just Stacey episode the other day as well, (Was amazing episode)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5UYDswJuhM

Kaching wrote: »
    Im seriously considering writing away to the BBC. If they dont state that Jean has some form of an I.D , her character makes no sense to me

whats an id?
    they constantly refer to her bipolar disorder if this is what your referring too...

and in ref to my above comment about biancia, i know she didnt have to pay for the wine or the club the other night, my point which was badly made is that she has more important things to worry about ie like feeding her kids, than to be going out clubbing. thats not going to put food on the table. and robbing hugh catering size tins of beans from ian isnt helpful either.....anyway think shes going in the next few days so thats ok then.

Intellectual Disability .
    Yeah I know they do , thats the problem though I know plenty of people who have the disorder and none of them are anything like her. It would make a lot more sense If they stated her as having an intellectual disability

• Advertisement

Derek is kinda growing on me :o

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Derek is kinda growing on me :o

tut tut there should be antibiotics that sorta thing

So there is a new kebah/chippy now

EastEnders airs emotional exit scenes for Bianca Butcher tonight (April 27) in a special episode centring entirely around her escalating financial issues.

Bianca finally cracks under the pressure this evening as Ian Beale (Adam Woodyatt) fires her from the café, leaving her with little hope of settling her debts.

Later, in a moment of madness, Bianca swipes a money belt from one of the market stalls and attempts to flee - but she's stopped in her tracks when the stall holder and Mr Lister spot what she's up to.

As Lister calls the police, Bianca is distraught as she knows that she'll be sent straight back to prison for breaking her probation. To her horror, however, Lister refuses to listen to Bianca's pleas to keep the authorities out of it…

In real life, Patsy Palmer - who plays Bianca - is taking a six-month break from EastEnders to spend time with her family.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a378738/potd-eastenders-exit-for-bianca-butcher.html

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Nice, I'll save some money on earplugs now that Bianca is leaving.

Kat
    Heather
    Bianca
    Alfie
    Fatboy
    Carol
    Denise
    Kim

3 down, 5 to go. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

RVD420 wrote: »
    Nice, I'll save some money on earplugs now that Bianca is leaving.

Kat
    Heather
    Bianca
    Alfie
    Fatboy
    Carol
    Denise
    Kim

3 down, 5 to go. :pac:

ah they have to keep alfie and kim

carol is leaving too. but sadly kat is coming back. kim is dreadful. and i cant stand alfie, and his nice to all the children act cause he cant have any its such a cliche.

Ben thinks that Shirley has overheard a conversation between him and Phil about Heather's death - and makes a horrifying revelation.
    Meanwhile, after drinking a bottle of lager and taking some of Cora's hay fever remedy, Jay starts to babble incoherently about Heather's death - to Abi's concern.
    Ben confesses to Ian I think

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

If Bianca can't afford to support 4 kids on her own she should move to Ireland and see what kind of money she's entitled to here!

• Advertisement

I was really looking forward today eps, I Thought it would be great like Stacey eps

it's felt bit like half stacey and half of Heather put into one!

Simon Ashdown can do so much better, today was really disappointing more then Ronnie Exit!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement