Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Want to Buy an SUV: X5/VW Toureg/ Q7

• 30-03-2012 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi Guys i want to buy an SUV. and cann't decide between X5, VW toureg & Q7. i don't have budget of buying new one but looking for 06 or 07 model.Can anybody Guide me. thanx
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Have you driven them all? I have and in my opinion the X5 is by far the best to drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Whatever you buy, just make sure you have a few grand aside for unseen repairs. Not much on any of the above is cheap to repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Th X5 is probably the most reliable of those listed, also the nicest looking in my book. Id probably go for an 06 one as the newer 07(E70) model isnt as nice and between 1999-2006 they ironed out most of the kinks with the e65

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Have you driven them all? I have and in my opinion the X5 is by far the best to drive.

I too have driven them all, and would prefer the V6 Touareg to drive.
    It's a pig on diesel though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 regana

thanks guy for the input. i haven't driven any of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭The Lone Ranger

x5 , stay clear of vw.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ShaneMc2012

Out of those three the X5 would probably win over. Seen as you're looking at luxury SUV's ever thought of a Mercedes ML? Wouldn't be as big as a Q7 for example but you could probably get an 08 or 09 for the same price as an 06 Q7. If your consider thinking of something smaller again, you could find a 2010 BMW X1 for around the same price aswell.
    no-image-large.gif&width=400&height=300
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Mercedes-Benz/M-Class/ML-320-C/6313331231205280/advert?channel=CARS

no-image-large.gif&width=400&height=300
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/X1/SDrive/201209207121014/advert?channel=CARS

• Registered Users Posts: 12,740 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

regana wrote: »
    Hi Guys i want to buy an SUV. and cann't decide between X5, VW toureg & Q7. i don't have budget of buying new one but looking for 06 or 07 model.Can anybody Guide me. thanx
    I assume you know how much the tax is ? i.e. Big.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭analfabets

Haven't driven BMW and Audi. Rented Touareg V10 once for 2 weeks.
    It had some 80000 Km on the clock.
    In comfort suspension setting it was all over the place, felt like it's going to fly in to a ditch, sport mode was more pleasing, paint was peeling off the interior plastics, barely did 15 MPG and it was fastest thing I have ever been in.
    I mean it's frightening fast.
    I gave it back at airport, got on plane to come back to Ireland and 737 at take-off felt like barely accelerating.
    I will get it again.
    It was unbelievable.
    Wery smooth engine too.
    Self leveling suspention was noticeable as well. I left it on uneven surface once, removed keys and could feel it leveling itself. It was kind of cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭johnthemull

EH
    Do you realise it will cost circa 120 euros to fill the tank, with rubbish MPG figures?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭analfabets

EH
    Do you realise it will cost circa 120 euros to fill the tank, with rubbish MPG figures?

158€ to fill Touareg in my local garage to be precise. (98.4L tank)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

EH

A serious underestimate at today's prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

galwaytt wrote: »
    This is the first thread in a long time where somebody will actually choose a car on their desires and its merits rather than the tax braket , please dont lower this thread to that

• Registered Users Posts: 18,812 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

galwaytt wrote: »

In one of them Motor Tax is the least of your costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

This is the first thread in a long time where somebody will actually choose a car on their desires and its merits rather than the tax braket , please dont lower this thread to that
    On their desires yes, on its merits I dunno..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭johnthemull

158 euros to fill the tank!
    Buying a Toe Rag aint a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Mr.David

What about a RR? Less reliable, but if you are happy with the risk of a big bill then it would be a great buy?

Like cars, different SUVs have different attributes. Given that we have no idea what the OP wants/needs/values, it's currently impossible to guide them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 regana

i agree with eric, don't ever kill your desires for fear of road tax or petrol prices. i am buying SUV bcoz i like to drive them. all i want a good deal. and your kind guidance in selecting a good machine. in terms of comfort, luxury and durability. the guys who are already driving can guide me best.

i am buying SUV bcoz i like to drive them.
    Start off by driving the ones you're considering, then come back and tell us what you thought of each of them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement