Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

January Transfer Window

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Saw a graph with spending we spent the least of every premier league club this year. And we brought in the second most after Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

I think it's just as likely Daniel and harry wanted remy and and were happy to wait until summer to get him.

Agreed, and/or Damiao?

I think Levy is just too shrewd to get carried away in a January window (even with the title contenders hype). Also, why let HR spend €20m in January and then skip of the manage England in the summer?

Levy has a long term plan , long term in so far as developing the Spurs brand to the point where we are in the top tier for a sustained period and Joe Lewis can cash in.

He's probably said to HR, "stay next season and you can have €30m to mount a title bid". I love what HR has done for us, but I think Levy deserves more of the credit.

Just sayin';)

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Saw a graph with spending we spent the least of every premier league club this year. And we brought in the second most after Arsenal.
    heres an interesting graph,probably the only time i'll be happy to see tottenham at the bottom of the table.
    going by transfer revenue,t.v and champions league cash theres got to be a huge amount of money for whoevers going to be in charge next season.or maybe the money could be used to increase the wage bill to keep,modric,bale etc.
    either way i think the club is being run very well by levy.
    premier-league-transfer-spend-2011-12.png

heres an interesting graph,probably the only time i'll be happy to see tottenham at the bottom of the table.
    going by transfer revenue,t.v and champions league cash theres got to be a huge amount of money for whoevers going to be in charge next season.or maybe the money could be used to increase the wage bill to keep,modric,bale etc.
    either way i think the club is being run very well by levy.
    premier-league-transfer-spend-2011-12.png
    That's the one I was talking about :) have to say though with the £40m profit made on transfers this season plus the money saved on wages by cutting out so much dead wood we should hopefully have a nice amount of cash for summer to strengthen our position.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Anyone think if we finish third that we should have a go to get Torres? If he finishes the season without scoring more then 5 goals in the PL then surely he wouldn't be worth more then £15m(ish).

Watching him today you can see he is still that player but he has just zero confidence infront of goal.

• Advertisement

ziedth wrote: »
    Anyone think if we finish third that we should have a go to get Torres? If he finishes the season without scoring more then 5 goals in the PL then surely he wouldn't be worth more then £15m(ish).

Watching him today you can see he is still that player but he has just zero confidence infront of goal.
    I was thinking just this what he needs is a harry manager to get his confidence up so i guess it depends who we have next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

he's damaged goods,will probably never be as good as 3/4 seasons ago,would command a huge wage and apart from all that chelsea would never sell to us.would have sturridge before torres all day long if i had a choice.

Bassong having an absolute mare at Molineux today, good riddance!

Nelson was composed last night when he came on, although he looks very short for a centre half...?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

^ Wiki says he's six foot but I don't think so TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

6 foot isn't very big for a defender these days though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

Bassong having an absolute mare at Molineux today, good riddance!

Nelson was composed last night when he came on, although he looks very short for a centre half...?

Never ever liked him or rated him as a player.. Always thought he was happy to sit there and pick up his wages. Surprised it took Harry so long to clear him out
    Any time I've seen Nepali interviewed he always came across as a good bloke honest pro
    Although it's strange Blackburn say they couldn't get him fit and then he goes straight into our squad ready for action
    Falling out with Jean maybe??

The internet is awash with rumours that we have agreed terms with Eden Hazard subject to both clubs agreeing the fee.:eek:

Following an interview with a reputable French football magazine reporter. http://www.francefootball.fr/#!/news/2012/02/13/192150_hazard-a-choisi-tottenham.html

Is this why Harry was in France in January? I think I'm about to wet myself:o
    http://www.cartilagefreecaptain.com/2012/2/13/2795613/eden-hazard-tottenham-hotspur-transfer-rumours?

Hazard quoted on Belgian TV (RTBF) moments ago: 'Maybe I'll go to Tottenham. It's a great English club. I said I would go to England'

ive heard his name a lot but still dont know much about the chap
    is he that good?

ive heard his name a lot but still dont know much about the chap
    is he that good?

Fast, two-footed, bags of skill, 21yrs old, he and Bale could be devastating!

what kind of money are we talking would you say?

WOW......

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Replacement for Modric ?

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Replacement for Modric ?

Hope not, rather Lennon.....

Reports he has a buy out clause of €40m but only one year left on his contract could be €25-30m. This rumor is really gathering pace (we signed Modric in April)

I can't speak french but apparently the video translates as "It's a big English club. I said I will go to England. The English league is where I can learn best. All weekend, there are big games with big atmospheres. Spain? this may not be my style. But to win titles, you have to play for Real or Barca. and at my age, it is still complicated. At Tottenham, there are some very good players and a great coach. I am interested in Tottenham. I hope it will be done soon even if there is nothing official today, "replied Eden Hazard

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Replacement for Modric ?

Hope not, rather Lennon.....

Reports he has a buy out clause of €40m but only one year left on his contract could be €25-30m. This rumor is really gathering pace (we signed Modric in April)

I can't speak french but apparently the video translates as "It's a big English club. I said I will go to England. The English league is where I can learn best. All weekend, there are big games with big atmospheres. Spain? this may not be my style. But to win titles, you have to play for Real or Barca. and at my age, it is still complicated. At Tottenham, there are some very good players and a great coach. I am interested in Tottenham. I hope it will be done soon even if there is nothing official today, "replied Eden Hazard

Seems to be gathering pace. Reports now on sky sports

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'd buy that jersey :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Well the main thing that this signing would do is show that Spurs mean business in the future, and that we could attract the best players because this guy is very highly sought after.

Him and Bale would be awesome! Still, let's make sure we make the CL first before we go worrying about whether he's going to join or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭oppiuy

I dont know much about the guy but a friend of mine follows the european league for betting purposes and reckons this fella is the mustard. He reckons he's a cross between lennon and Nasri. Now that cant be bad as long as its lennons devestating pass and Nasris ability on the ball and not the other way round

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

This guy would walk into the starting XI of almost any top team from what I have read up on him. which can only mean 1 thing - he's a replacement for Bale, modric or VDV (or maybe lennon).

Well, if one of the above goes, you couldnt really ask for a better replacement could you.

The only bit i find hard to believe is that a player of this quality (who could pretty much pick and choose any team that can afford him) is going to sign for a club soon to be without the manager who has convienced him to join.

edit - obviously its Levy and co that do the transfer deal, but would you sign for club known the cuurrent manager wont be there when you get there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

This guy would walk into the starting XI of almost any top team from what I have read up on him. which can only mean 1 thing - he's a replacement for Bale, modric or VDV (or maybe lennon).

Well, if one of the above goes, you couldnt really ask for a better replacement could you.

The only bit i find hard to believe is that a player of this quality (who could pretty much pick and choose any team that can afford him) is going to sign for a club soon to be without the manager who has convienced him to join.

edit - obviously its Levy and co that do the transfer deal, but would you sign for club known the cuurrent manager wont be there when you get there!

You have a point, but the fact that Levy would be the face of the club and the one convincing him to sign, would let him see that there is more to the club than 'Arry.

Also, while he has obviously heard of 'Arry and is aware of how well he has done, he wouldn't be as big a name to him as if he had played in the premiership for the last few years.

It would be nice if Levy could tell Hazard that he has Hiddink or Mourinho lined up though.

Looks like we have signed Bruno Uvini from Sao Paolo hes coming over for training now but won't be registered until the summer window. Brazilian defender with an Italian passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Looks like we have signed Bruno Uvini from Sao Paolo hes coming over for training now but won't be registered until the summer window. Brazilian defender with an Italian passport.

Keep an eye on the official page for "SpursXI v X clubXI". He'll play with the youngsters still at the club in the Spurs lodge matches.

Would be a steal of a signing for 3.1m pound if we buy him.

As for Hazard, even if we dont sign him its great to see so many Arsenal and Chelsea fans sickened that he expressed an interest in us over them. The Skysports article has mostly Arsenal and Chelsea fans stating how terrible Spurs are and how we wouldnt be able to afford him. Bitter much?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

irishmover wrote: »
    Keep an eye on the official page for "SpursXI v X clubXI". He'll play with the youngsters still at the club in the Spurs lodge matches.

Would be a steal of a signing for 3.1m pound if we buy him.

As for Hazard, even if we dont sign him its great to see so many Arsenal and Chelsea fans sickened that he expressed an interest in us over them. The Skysports article has mostly Arsenal and Chelsea fans stating how terrible Spurs are and how we wouldnt be able to afford him. Bitter much?!

The bitterness is extraordinary! I’ve an Arsenal mate who’s terrified at the thoughts of us finishing ahead of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭golfball37

A gooner mate of mine reckons the whole Hazard thing has been lost in translation and that he said jokingly he wanted to go to Spurs as the Arsenal thing is a done deal and they are his first choice bar none.

IE -Hazard was being sarcastic about Tottenham as he's an Arsenal man through and through.

He also said that Hazard and Vermalen are cousins and there's no doubt he's coming to the Emeroids.
    :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

golfball37 wrote: »
    A gooner mate of mine reckons the whole Hazard thing has been lost in translation and that he said jokingly he wanted to go to Spurs as the Arsenal thing is a done deal and they are his first choice bar none.

IE -Hazard was being sarcastic about Tottenham as he's an Arsenal man through and through.

He also said that Hazard and Vermalen are cousins and there's no doubt he's coming to the Emeroids.
    :confused:

To be honest I don't really care at this point. There's still a chance we may not make the CL, which would mean he definitely wouldn't come. There's also an even bigger chance Arsenal may not make it, and the same thing would apply there. Let's worry about who's going to sign in the summer in the summer, once this season is over and we've hopefully secured at least 3rd spot.

Advertisement