Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ's and Dogs

• 07-08-2009 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

What sort of foods can I put on the BBQ for the dogs?
    Having one tonight and would like to stick something on for them so they can get some sort of enjoyment out of it rather than just teasing them with all the nice smells!

I know chicken is out cos of the (cooked) bones.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Burgers, sausages, chicken breasts, any meat at all..

just give them dog food though, uncooked

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Same as you'd give them normally if you were going to cook them food. Dogs and other animals though aren't used to eating hot food and in my experience most dogs will turn their nose up at anything which is piping hot and will wait until it has cooled down.

So you'll be wasting your time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

They'll get their food as normal, just looking for some nice treats for them - to partake in the whole event!

Suppose a better question would have been what not to give dogs off a BBQ - corn on the cob for example as they can't break down the cob if eaten and can result in visit to the vets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Just make sure that it's cooled down. My PIL's Lab vomits if she eats hot food. And there is no stopping her if she spies a saussie falling from the BBQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

BBQ's and Dogs???? You B*STARD, Bring it to a shelter! You can't be that hungry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

lightening wrote: »
    BBQ's and Dogs???? You B*STARD, Bring it to a shelter! You can't be that hungry.

Recession and all that...

Advertisement