Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dog Gone off Food?

Options
  • 04-08-2009 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭

Ive a GSD and he's 9 months old, not thin by any means. But he's barley eating anything from his food, usually eats what he's given in the morning round 7-8 o'clock. Where as we used to feed him twice a day.

Was on Eukabenka for 2 months didnt seem keen on it, onto Hill's now and he is stil the same.

Was Mixing it with Lulllums tinned food.

Any thoughts? His Poo is also very inconsistent.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭elainepie

TechnoPool wrote: »
    Ive a GSD and he's 9 months old, not thin by any means. But he's barley eating anything from his food, usually eats what he's given in the morning round 7-8 o'clock. Where as we used to feed him twice a day.

Was on Eukabenka for 2 months didnt seem keen on it, onto Hill's now and he is stil the same.

i have exactly the same prob.. my dog is 7months old.. just got hijm 3 weeks ago. he was fed canned food b4 i got himj so he doent really like the dry food. i am mixing the 2 together. he didnt like pro plan, and he doesnt seem to like the new food i got him. he did eat the sample packs i go tthough so it is annoying when i buy the big bags he starts not to like it.. or to eat less of it, and leave food over.. i am onky starting to get worried myself now.. as i thought pups would eat til they get sick! this one doesn't finish what i give him and today he didnt seem too pushed on eating the food at all!! but he seems happy and healthy other than that..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

TechnoPool wrote: »

First of all its much better to feed your dog twice a day for its life time.
    Second try a hussie dog food product , i highly recommend them , also do NOT over feed your dog , if he doesnt eat in 15 minutes take his food away , try again that evening and if its still not eaten in 15 mins take it away and rinse and repeat. Believe me i have a friend who didnt feed his dog for 4 days , but finally won , his dog never turned food away again.

When did you last worm him ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

about 3 months ago, but around 4 weeks ago the vet game me drops that were apprantley all in 1 for worms flea's ect.

Right i'll try that with taking it away.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

thats a new thing the all in one flea and wormer and there is a lot of controversy over it not doing what its supposed to . i would recommend a dose of drontal .
    Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭spiderdog

id second the `husse `...am finding it excellent!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Try Orijen. My dog was picky with her food but it's the first food I've seen where she cleans the bowl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Try any of the Red Mills Leader range. One of my dogs use to be a fussy eater but loves RM Leader. RM Leader is produced in Ireland so it doesn't cost as much as some of the other imported foods.

Advertisement