Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

David Norris is great.

To anybody who was thinking of going and decided not to bother: you missed out :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

I thought it was on at 7. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Fintan O'Toole in JH1 on wednesday ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Really enjoyed Senator Norris' talk, fantastic. Had to run off about 5, so missed the QandA sadly.

Spot the fake, but very convincing, NUI Maynooth letterhead job in the current issue of The Phoenix :D Professor Aherns letter to Brian Cowen, written in true Northsidese. On that note, somebody should ask Fintan O' Toole what he thinks of our new Prof. I'm going to be at Damien Dempseys gig on Wednesday so no Fintan O' Toole for me.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamo, have to travel to Tallaght for it and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

PrivateEye wrote: »
    I'm going to be at Damien Dempseys gig on Wednesday so no Fintan O' Toole for me..

Argh, jealous as funk! I heart Damien Dempsey, but I always manage to never be at home when he's playing anywhere near me :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

NUIM maths dept staff member shifting uncomfortably front row on that Pat Kenny thingy :D

Balls anyway.

Was supposed to drop a book back at 10PM today.

What will I be charged tomorrow?
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

1.5bn? They're desperate

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭5Aces

The mature blonde has her ways of making sure you dont forget again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

5Aces wrote: »
    The mature blonde has her ways of making sure you dont forget again.

I'm quoting this to ensure that you if you have a change of mind when you wake/sober up people here will still have the pleasure of seeing it :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Anyone get one of those pizzas in front of the SU Yesterday? Badass.

I'm quoting this to ensure that you if you have a change of mind when you wake/sober up people here will still have the pleasure of seeing it :p

Looking forward to returning the favour. obviously i just meant that she made you feel guilty if you were late... protect yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Yeah yeah, blondes are scary... roarrrr!

Wahayy TEFL course appears to be sorted.... dog is wrecking my head, NO MALCOLM, WE'RE NOT GOING OUT!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Anyone know if you can find these bad boys in maynooth?

154_1.jpg

Think you can get em in Leixlip...little newsagents are your friends! There's a newsagents in Moyglare somewhere I think.

GrannyBeez: They'll rot your teeth!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Unless you're going to drive there to get me some you are no good to me. :p

If I happen to see any, they're yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Good union council, that was.

Where the fuk is the mayo, red bull or bavaria in dunnes? Think they change things around every now and again so you wander around for ages and buy sh1t you dont need. and dont be trying to tell me im talking crap and take your dog out for a walk. ahh dinner and su will solve everything. maybe a trip back to library where i lost a book... sorry master and all that!

The red bull is with the soft drinks, the bavaria is with the beer... the mayo...is....who knows where.

You're not talkin crap, I can never find the crackers! Tesco is worse... why are the eggs/milk/bread so far apart?

• Advertisement

Update on the dog: He just did a fart so loud that it gave him a fright.. laughin my ass off

So on your travels from the milk to the eggs you pick up some chocolate fingers and from the eggs to the bread you snap up a couple bottles of club orange and your wondering why you didnt get a basket... clever tricky bastards.

look into the dogs eyes... you will probably see desperation. let him into the back garden quickly or i will steal all your loo roll! everyday!

It's worse working in the clothes section of Dunnes though...like the footwear/lingerie etc departments are my specific area, need those shiny shoes...

238 euro in vouchers this xmas, lots of shoes and vodka for me! I've decided that no matter how **** I feel, I won't be missing Monday!

5Aces wrote: »
    look into the dogs eyes... you will probably see desperation. let him into the back garden quickly or i will steal all your loo roll! everyday!

Ah no, he's been out, he just had some chilli today...

Just been informed he eats a raw egg every morning to keep his coat glossy...jesus

Trying my best not to say too much about the egg in case its your mama thats the chef. would you not splash out on a bit of lingerie... get the gossip going.

You clearly haven't seen the Dunnes range...

Only went in to/noticed (seriously) that cafe up the laneway in Maynooth today, Twist or something similar? Down by Supermacs as far I can recall. Popped in and all, lovely. Never go down/come up that lane, so first I've seen of it. God, being a commuter.

In a conversation outside the SU, some browser of our community said "YOU'RE PRIVATEEYE!?" :o God I love when that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

A Rowe wants to ask PI: Does next friday mean this coming friday or the friday after next?

PI's answer ONLY please :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Only went in to/noticed (seriously) that cafe up the laneway in Maynooth today, Twist or something similar? Down by Supermacs as far I can recall. Popped in and all, lovely. Never go down/come up that lane, so first I've seen of it. God, being a commuter.

In a conversation outside the SU, some browser of our community said "YOU'RE PRIVATEEYE!?" :o God I love when that happens.

Would it be creepy to introduce yourself to a boardsie without them knowing who you are?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement