Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Music Lessons

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Spooky1666

Hi Guys

I'm looking for Keyboard lessons in the Lucan area. I am a complete beginner.

I would search this post for anyone who matches this criteria but I simply do not have the time. If you do match this criteria and have already posted your advert please link me the page number to that post or pm me since this forum's rules do not allow you to post up twice.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭OrlaBar

Hello

I am looking for a tinwhistle teacher on the Northside of Dublin please , I saw a post for a teacher in Bayside but I cannot find it now.... I live in Baldoyle so anywhere near

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Chrisled

Lessons in Students Home? Dependent on location

Contact Name: Chris Ledwidge
    Email: chrisledwidgeguitar@gmail.com

Instrument :Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Musical Theory

Genre:Blues, Folk, Jazz, Rock

Experience:

Leinster School of Music Grades (Performance)
    Associated Board (ABRSM) Grades (Theory)
    ABRSM Teaching Courses.
    5 years teaching individual and group classes.

See more information here:

http://www.musiclessons.ie/Chris-Ledwidge-id-419.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Hi, I'm looking for a private piano teacher in the Kildare area. Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 franquinn

Hello,

I'm a 24 year old man looking for private tuition to help me learn to play the piano. I have always had a interest in the piano, albeit from afar, and figured why not learn now.

I would be a complete beginner, but a willing student. Currently living in North Dublin, would suit me to travel to your place of residence(preferably also in North Dublin or the City Centre).

Would greatly appreciate any information anybody could give me, i am primarily interested in learning for fun but kowing my driven personality i would really like to get down to the nitty gritty and eventually play well.

My email is fran.quinn@gmail.com

Thank you for your time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 crucial

Hi, Anybody out there in bla land willing to give a crash course in music theory?

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

crucial wrote: »
    Hi, Anybody out there in bla land willing to give a crash course in music theory?

Sure thing! Can you be a bit more specific? What do you need to learn? and when do you need to know it by?!!

Yeh I just need some overall idea of sight reading for the entrance exams in march... I'm currently getting intermediate guitar lessons so I just to need to get some more knowledge about notation, rhythm, etc. Thanks!

crucial wrote: »
    Yeh I just need some overall idea of sight reading for the entrance exams in march... I'm currently getting intermediate guitar lessons so I just to need to get some more knowledge about notation, rhythm, etc. Thanks!

ah right, that's no problem. Most music degrees will expect you to have roughly grade 5 standard in theory which is very achievable by March once you put a bit of work in. If you want to give me a ring on 086-1077261 we can arrange to meet up, see where you are at and take it from there.

ah right, that's no problem. Most music degrees will expect you to have roughly grade 5 standard in theory which is very achievable by March once you put a bit of work in. If you want to give me a ring on 086-1077261 we can arrange to meet up, see where you are at and take it from there.

Cool! I might give ya a shout later so, thanks a mil!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tract

dominika wrote: »
    Subject(s):flute and piano lessons
    Lessons in Students Home- it depends
    Contact Name: Dominika
    contact 0872632472

Hi looking for help with flute for leaving cert practicals .

• Registered Users Posts: 15 drn987

Violin lessons wanted for adult beginner in Carlow area or within 45 minutes of Carlow (Kilkenny, Naas, etc.) Classical violin.

I'm a complete novice, late 30s, ideally looking for a teacher who's not a young student.

drn987 wrote: »
    Violin lessons wanted for adult beginner in Carlow area or within 45 minutes of Carlow (Kilkenny, Naas, etc.) Classical violin.

I'm a complete novice, late 30s, ideally looking for a teacher who's not a young student.

Hi, I'm a violin teacher in Waterford if that is any good to you? At the moment I'm only teaching on Thursdays so I don't know how that would suit you...You also wouldn't be the first adult student I have taught so no fear there, 3 years ago I put a retired lady through her grade 1!

Alternatively have you contacted Carlow college of Music? I used to teach there and they have a good set up

• Registered Users Posts: 15 drn987

Hi, I'm a violin teacher in Waterford if that is any good to you? At the moment I'm only teaching on Thursdays so I don't know how that would suit you...You also wouldn't be the first adult student I have taught so no fear there, 3 years ago I put a retired lady through her grade 1!

Alternatively have you contacted Carlow college of Music? I used to teach there and they have a good set up

Waterford is just a little too far, despite the flash new motorway. Though, if I can't find someone closer, I'll be in touch. I'm looking into the Carlow college - their website appears to be all about the kids, but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 danny187

Subject(s):guitar
    Location:celbridge/maynooth area (will travel within reason)
    Lessons in Students Home? Yes
    Contact Name:dan
    Email:musicvids@hotmail.com
    also visit our site www.ourguitar.tk register for a discount:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fritz123

Anybody giving Guitar lessons for free...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Shea Lawlor

Guitar teacher available in Portobello/Rathmines area. All styles and levels catered for. Willing to travel to students home (depending on location!).

Call 086 8562690, or Email: shazzmoose@gmail.com for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 smurf81

Violin lessons wanted for adult beginner in Dublin 4/city centre area. Classical violin.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Smur

Hi all, I'm looking for violin lessons in the North Dublin area. I'm not a beginner but I'm out of practice. I'm based in Clontarf but I'd be willing to travel. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Musicforall

Hi There is Dundrum too far for you to travel im situated right off the M50 exit?
    Lookimng forward to hearing from you, Heather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Musicforall

Smur wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm looking for violin lessons in the North Dublin area. I'm not a beginner but I'm out of practice. I'm based in Clontarf but I'd be willing to travel. Thanks

Hi There,

Im teaching private violin lesson in my home in Dundrum. I have taught many adult beginners even a Mummys beginner violin class in a school I used to teach in. Let me know if you would like any further information.

Heather

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Smur

Hi There,

Im teaching private violin lesson in my home in Dundrum. I have taught many adult beginners even a Mummys beginner violin class in a school I used to teach in. Let me know if you would like any further information.

Heather

Pm'd you Heather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dublin guitar camp

id give ya a few free if u signed up for some

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Hardbreaks

[IMG][/img]e8c558d023.jpg

Grade 8 Classical guitar certified teacher with over 2 years teaching in a music school experience available for lessons. Will also travel past south Dublin if it fits in with schedule.

Rates are 15 per half hour and 25 for 55 mins.

Thanks,
    Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Phil Gaynor

Drum lessons from beginners to advanced - any age welcome - I teach from my own drum studio at home in Lucan - Instruments provided - I also teach various percussion Conga, Djembe, Timbale, Bodhran etc. Drums thought to the highest standards - all areas except metal covered i.e. Rock, Jazz, Latin, Pop, Country, Irish etc email philipgaynor@hotmail.com or call 0857122054 for more info. I can travel but expenses would have to be covered and ideally the student would have own kit at their house. Also can teach for drum tuning, live sound, studio sound, click track.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hubiedubie

Looking for an experienced composer to provide composition guidance / lessons. PM me with details.
    Thanks,
    Hugh

hubiedubie wrote: »
    Looking for an experienced composer to provide composition guidance / lessons. PM me with details.
    Thanks,
    Hugh

Hi Hugh, can you give a few more details?

First off - where in the country are you?

Second - What is your current level? Do you want help with rules of harmony/basic composition or something more advanced?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

Adult looking for beginner Piano lessons - Dublin

Never taken lessons before - would like to find a teacher with a good bit of experience with adult learners.

Working in D2 area so would like as close as possible but able to travel once on southside - please PM me with some details if you have scope to take me on.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭itsgrand

Hi,I'm planning to study music at college and I'm looking for a trumpet teacher around the the northside area of Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 jagerboy

itsgrand wrote: »
    Hi,I'm planning to study music at college and I'm looking for a trumpet teacher around the the northside area of Dublin

PM me if you like.

Advertisement