Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PMS changes after miscarriage

• 17-11-2008 1:38am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I had an early miscarriage in September and ever since I have been getting strong pregnancy symptoms before my period comes. When I was pregnant I was nauseous in a very different way to how I'd ever been before. I had a queasy feeling whenever I moved about, severe nausea before and after eating and dyspepsia, which is like a bruised feeling behind the breastbone. I was also incredibly emotional which I never experienced from pms.

In October by around day 24 of my cycle all of those feelings came back, which was very confusing as I hadn't had sex. The feelings were really strong, to the point that I was starting to wonder if I had miraculously become pregnant again. But not being a biblical character on day 33 my period came.

This month the nausea has been back with a vengeance. I was trying not to think about it but by day 28 I was out walking and I threw up a little, this happened 6 times over the following two days. Then I started getting strong period cramps and the nausea started to fade. I did a test this morning but it was negative.

It's really driving me mad. I've never heard of people experiencing strong pregnancy symptoms every month after a miscarriage. My hopes were up so high when I started throwing up. Has anyone else ever heard of this happening? I'm thinking that if it happens next month I'll go back to my doctor. My head is pretty wrecked from it.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I didnt experience any sickness, but my periods came back with a vengenance after my miscarraige, I had a D&C done or (ERPU).

I had a very bad heavy flow for every period after, and the worst cramps.

Have you ever had sickness with PMS before?

If your worried you should go to your doctor...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Every since my miscarriages my period has been the worst! My last miscarriage was to in september, and last month for a whole week before i was dizzy, sore breasts, etc etc didnt feel physically ill though! I think its your hormones trying to get back into place, and your period drives them out with a vengence.

This month i am quite worried though, because i actually feel like i am pregnant. I am not trying to be at the moment, i want my hormones to settle down and after three miscarriages we want to complete our tests before we do. But my period is over a week late, i'm getting mild cramps, and my belly is pudgy it also feels stretched ..... wonder is it those wicked hormones again or is it the real deal?!

Advertisement