Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Trying to get someone to make me a cup of coffee now but I'm being ignored. harumph!

You need to fashion a pokeage device. Got any chopsticks?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I can't drink hot drinks. I've no patience for them to cool down but i'm not a fan of tea or coffee anyway. I love the smell of coffee though. Hot chocolate the odd time maybe.

bubblefett wrote: »
    ladies, is it possible my oven is on a slant? All my cakes are coming out lopsided! I evened out all the gooy cake bits before they go in :(

More likely that the oven is hotter on one side. Test it by putting some raw sugar spread out on a baking tray and see if it's darker on one side after 3 mins.

You'll have to resort to rotating the baked item half way through for an even bake, which is a pain for sponges and their floppy tendencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

EmilyO wrote: »
    I always hated hot drinks as a child and teenager, even hot chocolate. Then one day last winter (2010) I was stuck in Heuston Station trying to get home, my train was delayed for like 2 hours because of the bad weather and I was freezing. My friend persuaded me to get a Butler's hot chocolate with her to warm up, and now it's my end-of-college-week treat :D

That is my fav hot chocolate! Especially the cookie one and the marshmallow one, yum :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

bubblefett wrote: »
    ladies, is it possible my oven is on a slant? All my cakes are coming out lopsided! I evened out all the gooy cake bits before they go in :(

Is the fan on? That'll make cake mixes blow forwards. If so try the static option if you have it, if you don't do a very quick turn of the cake half way through!

Edit: Edna you cake ninja, getting in before me to give almost the same advice! :) Another way to check if your oven has hotspots is to place slices of bread on a tray and put them in, they'll toast faster in hotter areas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Aight Ladies - Closing my account. Going to venture outside and see what the real worlds like! No sign of ivy today - hope she had the baby and alls well.
    Bye!

Nope still here!

THOUGHT I felt a contraction earlier but I think I'm hallucinating!! :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Aaaah, Seomra- forgot to say yaaay, congratulations!! xxxx

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Double post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Nope still here!

THOUGHT I felt a contraction earlier but I think I'm hallucinating!! :P

Ivy'll be cradling an imaginary baby by the end of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

MissElle wrote: »
    That is my fav hot chocolate! Especially the cookie one and the marshmallow one, yum :D

Ooooh how did I miss this one??? Must be tried soon!
    It's terrible, the guy in the Heuston Station Butlers knows my order, low fat hot choc with no cream. And I always have the right money...

I'm not addicted
    .>.>
    <.<.

Congrats Seomra!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Aight Ladies - Closing my account. Going to venture outside and see what the real worlds like! No sign of ivy today - hope she had the baby and alls well.
    Bye!

:eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Eviledna wrote: »
    You need to fashion a pokeage device. Got any chopsticks?:)

I used the puppy-dog eyes. Worked. yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Eviledna wrote: »
    More likely that the oven is hotter on one side. Test it by putting some raw sugar spread out on a baking tray and see if it's darker on one side after 3 mins.

You'll have to resort to rotating the baked item half way through for an even bake, which is a pain for sponges and their floppy tendencies.
    Acoshla wrote: »
    Is the fan on? That'll make cake mixes blow forwards. If so try the static option if you have it, if you don't do a very quick turn of the cake half way through!

Edit: Edna you cake ninja, getting in before me to give almost the same advice! :) Another way to check if your oven has hotspots is to place slices of bread on a tray and put them in, they'll toast faster in hotter areas.

Thanks guys! That seems likely, I've a crappy cheap gas oven that has the big flame at the back (have to light it by hand too) so I'd say it's heating it all wonky. I'll do that test before the next cake :)

2 out of 3 cakes done now :D Drawing my cartoons for the family tree cake is fun- I likes giving charactistics to my family members

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

This thread makes me want to bake stuff! The only problem is I am woeful at any kind of cooking/baking.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Yup I'm a good candidate for the group eating disorder sessions! Bit upset having to fill out the psychological survey thing, they are never easy. Must not cheer self up with ice-cream >_< But the Dairy Queen special of the month is brownie batter! And I have sat myself right opposite it...total coincidence :pac:

Going on a brewery tour later. Excited! We get a free drink and are hitting the pub afterwards :D Still sad about my ski trip next week being cancelled but it did save me a lot of money, money for ale!

I don't know everyone coming out tonight so hopefully make a new friend or two :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I GOT A JOB!!!

Six months of trying!!! Just heard now!!!! :):):)

Yeahhhhhh......chuffed for ya girl xx
    :eek:

+1:eek:
    Was thinking about unsubscribing from this thread for a while, and gonna now - too much college work to do plus a million and one other things, and tbh, I don't enjoy posting here as much as I used to. Thread has changed a lot in the last while. I was right with what I said over a year and a half ago about this thread, and where it would end up.

Anyway, I'm off

Promise you'll come back to us Rebel Girl!!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

This thread makes me want to bake stuff! The only problem is I am woeful at any kind of cooking/baking.....:rolleyes:

So was I... this thread changes you.... :p

What do I love about boards? It has it's own cake & pie form :D

Well done seomra mushie! It's a good day for jobs ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Was thinking about unsubscribing from this thread for a while, and gonna now - too much college work to do plus a million and one other things, and tbh, I don't enjoy posting here as much as I used to. Thread has changed a lot in the last while. I was right with what I said over a year and a half ago about this thread, and where it would end up.

Anyway, I'm off
    :( I'm sorry to hear that, but I understand. I hope you'll drop in occasionally though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Yikes, I missed a lot.
    Seomra Mushie: so happy for you. Congratulations!

Storm and Rebel: sorry to see you guys go, hope it won't be for long.

Re tea and coffee: Like Kiera, I don't drink tea or coffee or fizzy drinks. Not because of any health kick, just never liked the taste. People think I'm crazy though when they offer tea and find out I don't drink it. I guess I just don't handle caffeine well or something. I tried some Irn-Bru in Edinburgh and for a while I actually thought I might die. I was hopping off the walls with it, rocking back and forth with all the excess energy.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

So am I, but in the new year I set myself a challenge and am baking something each month.

January was Black Forest Gateau, of which version 2.0 was the bizness, February was Red Velvet Cake (inspired by Lucyfur's valentine cupcakes :)) and I'm maybe thinking about a pie of some sort for March, or scones or bread....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Looks like I have about 5 pages to catch up on.. I'll catch up when I get home. I'm currently having a JD & coke with my brother in The Gibson Hotel while waiting to head to The O2 for Noel Gallagher. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Thanks everyone.

Soooo good to be one less person for the State to support!

I only got this job by making looking for a job a full-time job! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Anyway, I'm off

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Submitted an assignment today that has been annoying me for ages. I FEEL SO GOOD! I have a list where I write things that I need to do and crossing this one off was heavenly. Aw yeah! :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Novella wrote: »
    Submitted an assignment today that has been annoying me for ages. I FEEL SO GOOD! I have a list where I write things that I need to do and crossing this one off was heavenly. Aw yeah! :D:D:D:D

Lovely feeling that alright!!!!!

I'm a few weeks off that yet:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Lovely feeling that alright!!!!!

I'm a few weeks off that yet:(

It's so nice, isn't it?! I didn't even realise I was stressed until I submitted it, then I suddenly felt normal again :pac: Such relief!

Hope those weeks fly by for you! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Just home from my first ever hot stone massage. I feel like i'm made of jelly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Kiera wrote: »
    Just home from my first ever hot stone massage. I feel like i'm made of jelly :D

So jealous. Haven't had one of them in a long time. They are pure heaven.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

So jealous. Haven't had one of them in a long time. They are pure heaven.

I have no idea why i've never had one before. Now all i can hear in my jelly head is this:

:D:D:D

/i'm probably the only one in here old enough to remember this ad :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement