Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

i need a gig

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

ic forever....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭/\ NIGHTFLIGHT

I have no advice for someone playing Tiesto in Offaly

We very rarely get sent mixes. I think most DJs starting off set up there own night.But by all means, send us a mix if it fits in with our music policy [previous guests have been the like of Francois K, Steve Bug, Len Faki, Nick Curly etc]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

dj gazza k wrote: »
    not without gear no coz u need sumtin man.
    i hav gear tho

Promoters also aren't mad on junkies. My advise would be to kick the heroin, save up for something better than a dual CD player, listen to every single tune posted on this forum until you are introduced to better dance music than Tiesto and BEP, and then start throwing up mixes online, and getting to know the people running nights in your area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 dj gazza k

Jev/N wrote: »
    How do you know if you haven't had a gig yet?

yea dats a fair point.
    i see whr ur goin wit dis.
    iv been gettin lessons off a dj friend ov mine.

ironclaw wrote: »
    Thats a big point. There are procedures... Ways to act... Do's and Dont'ts... And once again practise. Can you beat match, read a crowd, change your set? What happens if your fav tune has no effect and the crowd goes no where? These are things you should learn before you go to a gig or set one up.

How long have you been seriously dj-ing?

more or less a year.
    i tink id notice if ppl didnt lyk de song.

• Advertisement

Daroxtar wrote: »
    So why dont they give you a gig? Surely one of them could sort you with a warm up slot somewhere.
    I don't want to knock you back or anything but as CM Tranny says, wait your turn. There are thousands of bedroom djs out there and plenty of them are extremely talented but not many are getting gigs and thats just the way it is and always will be.

Try sending a mix to radio stations, the likes of RTE Pulse, Power FM and any other stations you come across, ask Vinyl Junkie on here for a slot on the Kitchen Sync. Stick a mix in the members mixes thread here for some feedback. At least you will get a chance to play to some kind of audience and relieve the tension of not playing out.

Saying you want a gig but dont want to leave Offaly is a bit like saying you want sex but you dont want a woman (Or a man or even a goat if thats what you like:D).
    Dont give up though, just have a bit of patience and realise that you have to do the groundwork before you get anywhere.

yea i get wat u guys r sayin bou all de other djs and gud luck 2 dem honestly. but de part about leavin de county is just down 2 transport problems. and who wud do a goat???? women all de way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

More in your line to work on basic literacy.

That little button beside the quote button is multi-quote. Makes everything look neat and lovely.

Promoters also aren't mad on junkies. My advise would be to kick the heroin, save up for something better than a dual CD player, listen to every single tune posted on this forum until you are introduced to better dance music than Tiesto and BEP, and then start throwing up mixes online, and getting to know the people running nights in your area.

when i said gear i meant dj gear u idiot. not de other stuff. i dont touch it.

jtsuited wrote: »
    More in your line to work on basic literacy.

wtf man??

• Advertisement

That little button beside the quote button is multi-quote. Makes everything look neat and lovely.

tanx man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

more or less a year.
    i tink id notice if ppl didnt lyk de song.

Not that hard to notice if a song isn't being liked, its what you do after you notice is what sets you apart.

when i said gear i meant dj gear u idiot. not de other stuff. i dont touch it.

That was quite clearly a joke.
    wtf man??

Using text speak on boards is frowned upon. Hence the literacy jokes.

Not that hard to notice if a song isn't being liked, its what you do after you notice is what sets you apart.

wel de way i c it is iv 2 choices: mix it up or change de song

That was quite clearly a joke.

Using text speak on boards is frowned upon. Hence the literacy jokes.

ok

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

wtf man??

:D

Literacy, the quality or state of being literate, esp. the ability to read and write.

Honestly your posts prove difficult to read.

You don't get the point, you need to learn how to build a set, and if the crowd aren't feeling where you are going you need to learn to adapt.

How would you "mix it up" exactly?

:D

Literacy, the quality or state of being literate, esp. the ability to read and write.

Honestly your posts prove difficult to read.

yes i get that now tanx

throw in another song i suppose

Not really 2 choices then really is it?

Listen gazza get in some more practice, post mixes online and link them here for advise. Tell everyone and their dog that your starting out in the world of DJing and make a top ten selling Beatport EP.

• Advertisement

Not really 2 choices then really is it?

well it kinda is coz i could choose to put on a completely different song

Listen gazza get in some more practice, post mixes online and link them here for advise. Tell everyone and their dog that your starting out in the world of DJing and make a top ten selling Beatport EP.

i never have time to upload songs on the net

Your going to have to make time, how are people going to hear what you play? Im talking about mixes here not EP's that was a joke :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭M O N T O

Alright Guys, Just Went on Thomann there and ordered my first controller, The Behringer BCD 3000
    http://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_bcd3000.htm

Not a great thing i can tell, but as I said I'm seriously strapped for cash so it'll have to do for the time being.

I'm going to be using it with the laptop through vDj or Traktor,and the output going into headphones so i can cue, and some sort of Amp or speakers.I was just wondering by looking at that, is there anything essential that i'd also need to buy, ie. soundcards, some sort of cables?

Looking at this picture I'm not sure how i will connect it to the laptop & the amp. The headphone slot is at the front.

1198826_800.jpg

Cheers to anyone that can help! :)

dj gazza k wrote:

When asked what "mix it up" meant

So, my point is, its not really 2 choices, when both of them are the same.

M O N T O wrote: »
    Looking at this picture I'm not sure how i will connect it to the laptop & the amp. The headphone slot is at the front.

Master output goes to your amp. You'll need phono cables for that.
    USB to your computer, usb cable should be with the unit.

M O N T O wrote: »

I'm going to be using it with the laptop through vDj or Traktor,and the output going into headphones so i can cue, and some sort of Amp or speakers.I was just wondering by looking at that, is there anything essential that i'd also need to buy, ie. soundcards, some sort of cables?

It has a built-in soundcard if I'm not mistaken, so that's all you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

your 16 and you dont have time!!!!
    some people have full time jobs,kids and they still manage to make time.

id say give up now because this statement just shows the little amount of work your prepared to do in order to get a gig.
    all the time you were replying to people on here one of your mixes could have been uploading

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

This thread hurts my eyes.

dj gazza k - learn to use your keyboard and type full words, its not really that hard.

There's also a whiff of troll from all this, best off locked I reckon

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement