Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DGranger

Hi Kildaresh,

I got some maternity tights from worktights . ie two weeks ago. I got the opaque tights with support and some regular sheers for work. the support fellas are unreal. feels like someone is holding me up.

http://www.worktights.ie/Maternity-Tights/View-all-products/8.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

javagal wrote: »
    i was thinkin about an argos set too but some stuff i got from them in the past and it wasnt overly great

the stuff i got, while kinda expensive is amazing quality and i love how it looks, check out toys r us they deliver for free

Whats the address for that website? Is it .com or .co.uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

silly wrote: »
    Whats the address for that website? Is it .com or .co.uk?

.ie

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=747fb2c4ff02ea753964c2a9f&id=08b256af2c&e=1666b188b0

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Hi girls
    Couldn't sleep at all last night severe back pain and very uncomfortable rang gp today and they couldn't see till Thursday so I just went over as I couldn't stick the pain anymore.after 2 hours waiting,turns out ie a kidney infection and they can't give me anything for it as I'm allergic to penecillian.so I've to bring a sample to hospital lab tomorrow and then wait till Friday for results.so my Sil has taken my 2 older boys for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Ouch Tink, you poor thing :(
    Get well soon!

• Advertisement

C
    Hi girls
    Couldn't sleep at all last night severe back pain and very uncomfortable rang gp today and they couldn't see till Thursday so I just went over as I couldn't stick the pain anymore.after 2 hours waiting,turns out ie a kidney infection and they can't give me anything for it as I'm allergic to penecillian.so I've to bring a sample to hospital lab tomorrow and then wait till Friday for results.so my Sil has taken my 2 older boys for the night.
    Aww, poor tink! Hope you feel better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Mink we are renting also but decided we wanted to make the nursery feel special so are willing to spend the money it will cost to give the room a lick of paint :) our landlord doesn't mind...he would be more than happy if we painted the whole house :rolleyes:

Kash if I was more proactive I would have a website done by now so don't worry about buying elsewhere...just need to get myself moving :)

Javagal, I think it was you mentioned biooil for your face....didn't think about using it on my face but it's made a huge difference in just two days so thank you :)

Saurelin (I think) ours will be three walls in a chalky green shade (dulux jungle fever 3 to be exact) & the largest wall mushroomy cream which will have most of the decals on it...that's the plan anyway :)

Those who have painted did you go with matt or a sheen...we went with matt as the rest of the house is painted with matt but not sure if that's the most common choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Poor tink, hope you feel better soon!!!

God I feel like a hippo....and still cant stop eating aarrggh!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Was someone looking for maternity tights? I think H&M have some?
    I have the GTT the morning of my 28 weeks appointment, going to be a long long day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

Does everyone get a GTT test?? Was never even mentioned to me..

• Advertisement

Robinc wrote: »
    Does everyone get a GTT test?? Was never even mentioned to me..

I checked with my doc & she said they are completing a study so if public you will more than likely get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Hi girls

Tinkerbell I'm allergic to penicillin as well but I get antibiotics for kidney infection during the pregnancy. I get Macrodantin (it is not allowed closer to the end of pregnancy)
    It was really small dose but it helped.
    Also drinking plenty of water and cranberry juice helped as well.

I feel really sorry for you. It took me a good few weeks before I finally get rid of it.

Edit: I have GTT schedule for 19th - week 26th, as my mum is diabetic and my sister had problem with sugar level during both pregnancies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Oh Tinkerbell, I feel ur pain. I had to have antibiotics a few weeks ago and possibly have a second infection now. Have to drop in another sample to the doc tomorrow to get tested as last weeks one was inconclusive.
    Hot water bottle or hot pack might help with the back pain. Feel better soon x

Ginny, the GTT waiting isn't too bad. I just stuck my headphones in my ears and my nose in a book. The two hours actually didn't drag as much as I thought it wld.

twomums i love bio oil! i have a cheaper version i got off ebay that i use on my whole body and no stretch marks yet!

if your getting a website started id love to help after my exams, trying to get the experience!

i dont think everyone gets the gtt , i was supposed to but when my urine was checked at 26 weeks there was no indication of sugar so now i dont have to!

tink,hope you feel better soon!

zoe has moved off my bladder so today i am in baby love heaven!x

Javagal biooil is like liquid gold both in use & price :D I got stretch marks at 12 so was sure I would gets loads during pregnancy but the bio oil seems to be keeping them in check :) thankfully I got a buy 3 get cheapest free in boots so got one free...which is good as a slap it on & then let it soak in :D

I'll pm you re website in the next week or so...remind me if my baby brain forgets :rolleyes:

I have never even heard of the GTT test!
    At my 24 week appointment the dr checked my urine and said there was the slightest of slightest trace of glucose. She didn't say much else but asked me to come back again at 26 weeks instead of 28 weeks cos of blood pressure and told me to have sample ready again. So I guess she'll check again.
    I'm assuming this GTT test isn't pleasant??

I used bio oil on my first pregnancy and i got a few stretch marks. This time I'm using palmers tummy butter for stretch marks, and so far so good! And, it smells like chocolate!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Silly GTT test is glucose tolerance test
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glucose_tolerance_test

here is not bad as lucozade is quite ok, in Poland for example you need to drink liquid glucose - i had it once done and it wasn't easy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

The glucose tolerance test according to the lovely leaflet I was given: you go in at 915 fasting for 12 hours and then they give you 430ml of lucozade to drink. Then they take more bloods in an hour and again an hour after that. In kerry they test anyone who has an immediate family member who's diabetic, has had a baby previously over 10 pounds, is overweight or is over 40.

I'm dreading dreading it!! I have bad veins and every time they poke me in hosp it takes at least 3 goes before they get any blood: and they normally blow at least one vein altogether. Also when water makes you puke in the morning lucozade is going to be ten times worse: and if you puke you have to restart the test another day.

To be fair its prolly not that bad except I'm a crock :D

My new cravings this week are Dib Dab's and oranges.... num num num orange and sherbert again!!

No Cyning I have never heard of anyone who likes it so it's not just you being a crock ;) my doc said if they don't mention it then not to ask as its a horrible test & if they feel I need it they will mention it :P
    Why does it have to be lucozade...I could handle sprite :D

• Advertisement

i crave sweets and chocolate and cake.
    i have no interest in other food what so ever!
    my oh is kissing up cause i spilled his drink and he gave out and i cried, he is now making me toast and tea, im not telling him im over it :-)

I'm the same re little interest in food...I read everyone saying they are eating away & I can't russle up the enthusiasm for anything at the moment. I do eat but I don't desire anything :)

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    I'm the same re little interest in food...I read everyone saying they are eating away & I can't russle up the enthusiasm for anything at the moment. I do eat but I don't desire anything :)

i just want to eat crap.

my oh keeps going on about how he Will cook to save us eating crap, still remains to be seen lol

TwoMums2Be wrote: »

Oh god the phases I go through: and stuff I love today I could hate tomorrow. The only constant that goes through my head is how bad will this be if I puke after it!! But then again I ate practically nothing for the first 16 weeks :P

I will say the one thing I have that I absolutely shouldn't be having is diet coke: but sometimes I just give in and have it. I mostly have the caffeine free stuff and I didn't drink it at all for the first 5 months: its my one real true massive addiction! I still wish I didn't cave to the cravings for it though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Oh cyning, if I found the lucozade hard to tolerate this morn, can't imagine how you'll feel. That part is the worse, it shld be a form of torture. The in pricks aren't particularly pleasant either, but that just lasts a second. I thought they'd put in a canular to save you from being pricked three times but they didn't.

The lucozade set the baby crazy tho. It was a real eye opener to what I'm eating affects the baby.
    According to the information leaflet I got anyone who has glucose in their urine, previously had a big baby, family history of diabetes, previous GD or weight gets the test.
    In my case, my dad has diabetes and I'm overweight so I was doubly at risk. But we're do bad and wld have a bar of chocolate and crisps a few nights a week watching tv.

They never put in canulas when doing multiple blood tests: cant understand why! My dad and uncle and two aunts are all type 1 diabetics: both of my aunts were latent type 1 brought on by pregnancy so I'm as paranoid about it. Plus I already have an autoimmune disease with the thyroid: although in every cloud my doc reckons because I lost so much weight during the first 4 months it might save me :)

Ya I dunno how I'm going to cope with it: as gp said today if I get sick I get sick they'll just have to bring me back another day!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

I`m craving salad.....:D
    Gone off chocolate!

My partner is up & preping the nursery room to paint...she is very excited...I'm surprised I didn't find her painting in the middle of the night :D
    I, on the other hand, am in bed wondering if my belly is looking smaller today :P

We have a scan tomorrow :) & 3D scan booked for Sunday afternoon :D after what seems like is going to be a crazy busy (I don't do well with crowds) day at the baby fair on Saturday :eek:

Oh it seems our dog is helping with room prep...expecting a green dog later today :D

theg81der wrote: »
    I`m craving salad.....:D
    Gone off chocolate!

If only that would happen to me :) I don't eat veg (fruit all the way) & I was hoping that pregnancy might get me over that but no such look :)

I had issues around food from baby food onwards (my poor mother tried everything) & my biggest fear is that I will have a mini me in that regard :eek: it's all about texture rather than taste for me so hopefully I will be able to figure it out - she says with false hope :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I had a routine appointment yesterday but they didn't mention the GTT. I assume it's because I don't seem to be a risk factor. Although the nurse did give out to me yesterday for not giving her an early morning urine sample. She said there was gluscose in my pee and I said oh well I only had two bowls of shredded wheat surely there's no sugar in that!!!

Apparently there's heaps especially in cornflakes aswell!! :eek:

The room we have picked as a nursery was painted last year, it's yellow so we are going to stick with that and put up decals!

Advertisement