Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Missing a lecture but studying it through Moodle yourself?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

Just got a message from a girl I know in my Law class talking about getting 2 assignments for Tort Law next weekend. Eh wut...
    It might be just a rumor. I can't imagine any assignments given to first years in their first week.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Just got a message from a girl I know in my Law class talking about getting 2 assignments for Tort Law next weekend. Eh wut...

Possibly a case of telling you what assignments are coming up for the semester. That or they're something small
    And easy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Possibly a case of telling you what assignments are coming up for the semester. That or they're something small
    And easy

Would you be getting many assignments in the first semester?

Would you be getting many assignments in the first semester?
    I guess you will have to wait for your first law lectures to find that out. As far as I am aware assessment changed last year and no one can be sure how will it look like this year. As well as that your Tort lecturer changed this year and each lecturer has his own way of lecturing and assessing your work. Some of them love giving you assignments others hate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

could be smallish assignments that wont be due for ages

• Advertisement

Got an e-mail from the new Tort professor this morning, we've two short assignments that the professor is gonna email to us tomorrow and we have to submit by the next day at 10pm.. Ffs.. We haven't even had a lecture yet.. :eek:

Its a new lecturer from the States so I hope he doesn't think we know all this stuff.. :/

Got an e-mail from the new Tort professor this morning, we've two short assignments that the professor is gonna email to us tomorrow and we have to submit by the next day at 10pm.. Ffs.. We haven't even had a lecture yet.. :eek:

Its a new lecturer from the States so I hope he doesn't think we know all this stuff.. :/
    Okay, I have to admit that it seems weird to me, unless these will be like our first sociology assignment last year:
    1. Go to the library
    2. Find the book that interests you
    3. Note the library ref. number and its name.

Don't worry, it has to be doable for people that never did law before. :)

Paczini wrote: »
    Okay, I have to admit that it seems weird to me, unless these will be like our first sociology assignment last year:
    1. Go to the library
    2. Find the book that interests you
    3. Note the library ref. number and its name.

Don't worry, it has to be doable for people that never did law before. :)

I can't take out any books though because my grant hasn't come through! :(

Oh and also the 2 assignments have to be emailed back to him by 10pm on Sunday night, I won't get up to Maynooth until 9.30 Monday morning.. :L

I can't take out any books though because my grant hasn't come through! :(

Without your grant you just can't take the books outside but you can use them inside. But if you have to submit them on Sunday, then I've no idea what can you get.

I've no idea what can you get.

A fail in both assignments more than likely! :L

• Advertisement

A fail in both assignments more than likely! :L
    No you won't as everyone will be on the same boat and the lecturers cannot expect much from people who never did law. :) You will be grand!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

No you won't as everyone will be on the same boat and the lecturers cannot expect much from people who never did law. :) You will be grand!

This. Don't be worrying! He knows that he's dealing with first years and will treat you guys as ones. It's probably a small work out how to research project or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

This. Don't be worrying! He knows that he's dealing with first years and will treat you guys as ones. It's probably a small work out how to research project or something!
    like research what the hell Tort means

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

jpcarlow wrote: »
    like research what the hell Tort means

If that's the question, then remember that it is not the same as a torte.
    Far less delicious.
    In fact, it often involves snails in ginger beer, rather than cake. =/

Advertisement