Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Lads Mungret Post office is closing Next Friday was told. so all info will be transferred to the (am i allowed to say ) joke of a one in The Crescent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Lads Mungret Post office is closing Next Friday was told. so all info will be transferred to the (am i allowed to say ) joke of a one in The Crescent

Prepare to queue. This is desperate for the mungret area.

Prepare to queue. This is desperate for the mungret area.

Ya you are right there it is bad enough as it is. It will be a right joke now & still nothing done about. it would be grand if it was the Crescent one retiring not the mungret one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

It's a nightmare in the crescent as it is. Queues out the door and back up the mall at times.
    Can you imagine what children's allowance and pension days will be like now?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I'd be trying to move it out to Patrickswell

• Advertisement

It's a nightmare in the crescent as it is. Queues out the door and back up the mall at times.

it not most professional run can be a bit nosy & ignorant. Paying a fine before & asked about something & the person gave one of those turn up ur nose looks.

Mc Love wrote: »
    I'd be trying to move it out to Patrickswell

Aww great there is one in Patrickswell that might be handier.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

it not most professional run can be a bit nosy & ignorant. Paying a fine before & asked about something & the person gave one of those turn up ur nose looks.
    There is a member of staff in there who is quite ignorant I find. She tends to fire money, receipts etc. at you and on one occasion answered her mobile in the middle of serving me. I try not to use it but it's very convenient to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Derbhoy

All I want is a single stamp and you have to queue with tons of Social Welfare clients ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Derbhoy wrote: »
    All I want is a single stamp and you have to queue with tons of Social Welfare clients ffs!

Or you could just get one from a newsagents!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Not all social welfare clients are layabouts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Or you could get anti bacterial hand wash in the chemist this will offer some protection from the welfare clients
    Is that really f*cking necessary? Totally looking down on people who collect social welfare and branding them all as the same? It's a good thing you're perfect anyway lad, I hope you never go through hardship.
    Mc Love wrote: »
    Not all social welfare clients are layabouts
    I don't think he's implying that, more that his business is a lot shorter than the people picking up their social welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Derbhoy

Is that really f*cking necessary? Totally looking down on people who collect social welfare and branding them all as the same? It's a good thing you're perfect anyway lad, I hope you never go through hardship.

I don't think he's implying that, more that his business is a lot shorter than the people picking up their social welfare.

Valid point sending registered letters buying postal orders etc can't do that in supermarkets. Don't think post offices were originally designed to dispense Social Welfare like dole etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭pigtown

The Art Gallery shop in Castletroy Town Centre has closed. Maybe she moved but I didn't see any explanation at the empty unit

I was being sarcastic about an earlier post about welfare. If you read back you will see that

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Back on thread please. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Is that their operation in Rathkeale also? That is a huge blow to West Limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

panda100 wrote: »
    Is that their operation in Rathkeale also? That is a huge blow to West Limerick

Plassey Foods are in Rathkeale, not Pallas ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Plassey Foods are in Rathkeale, not Pallas ;)

Oh ya! stupid Panda :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭mitresize5

was on the cards for a long time, especially after the local owners sold it

they build a huge facility in North Dublin a few years ago and fitted it out with all the new owners systems and processes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Huge loss to West Limerick whatever about your fancy tech firms etc bad sign when companies like this are going

• Registered Users Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Did anybody read the article? 55 redunancies. Read between the lines as getting rid of older staff on generous contracts and replace them with younger people with less favourable conditions.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Did anybody read the article? 55 redunancies. Read between the lines as getting rid of older staff on generous contracts and replace them with younger people with less favourable conditions.

I read the article and it clearly states they're amalgamating certain functions and basing them in Dublin so the roles are redundant in Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

Disaster of a company to deal with, totally and utterly incompetent

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭jjoconoor

pigtown wrote: »
    The Art Gallery shop in Castletroy Town Centre has closed. Maybe she moved but I didn't see any explanation at the empty unit

Owner has got a serious illness and decided to remove the headache of having to deal with doing business in that centre! Very sad to be fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Temple Dairy is stopping production.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭sioda

Stormy Teacup have closed their espresso bar on little Catherine Street not surprised tbh. Good coffee great spot but ridiculous opening hours not open before 10 on the morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

sioda wrote:
    Stormy Teacup have closed their espresso bar on little Catherine Street not surprised tbh. Good coffee great spot but ridiculous opening hours not open before 10 on the morning

Christ, that didn't last long! How long were they open there, 2/3 months?

Advertisement