Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What ever happened to The Den on Christmas Eve??

• 24-12-2010 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Got up bout an hour ago was flicking threw the tv stations see what s on for the day and noticed RTE2 have **** all on today :rolleyes:

I remember as a kid Christmas day was one me favorite days not just cause of santy and and that other jazz but The Den on Christmas eve was class!!!

All the cartoons Christmas shows even the snowman :P.

Can anyone remember the way they used to always go to the north pole or somewhere with snow and one year they had to save santy cause Podge kidnapped him lol.

Ahh i miss all that stuff its a shame cant show me little brother what i used to watch as a kid they have ruined all that kinda stuff for kids now a days i reckon.

Kinda feel Christmas this year in general really has not got going *For me anyway* All the moaning the depression all year its hard to switch off all of a sudden and try and feel all excited about something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

You've gotten old my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Larianne wrote: »
    You've gotten old my friend.

24 :P !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭D e e

The Den doesn't exist anymore! I was shocked to find out they cancelled It, replaced it with a show full of hipsters. Probably to be more ~trendy~ for the kids of today, needz moar Socky and Damien tbh (or Ray/Francis/etc)

D e e wrote: »
    The Den doesn't exist anymore! I was shocked to find out they cancelled It, replaced it with a show full of hipsters. Probably to be more ~trendy~ for the kids of today, needz moar Socky and Damien tbh (or Ray/Francis/etc)

SERIOUS!!! ffs :mad: i didnt know that glad i dont watch RTE anymore now :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Its called Elev8 now I think. The two guys on it are weirdos but the girl would get it.

• Advertisement

Used to get up early watch the whole thing Christmas eve was deadly really got u in the mood for Christmas day and all well me anyway :P

Remember one year forget what age i was but i was young anyway on way back from pub with me da *We used to always go down get the bottle of coke for santy :D* lol sittin up on his shoulders all way home eating one of them snowballs on way *Coconut one with stuff inside* Whole way up road any noise heard in sky or any light da would be sayin thats santy haha.

Got in and The Den was on Ray Zig and Zag and Zuppy he was telling them to go to bed or santy wont come lol thats all i cant remember of it but class memory as a kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Just go to the pub.

Used to get up early watch the whole thing Christmas eve was deadly really got u in the mood for Christmas day and all well me anyway :P

Remember one year forget what age i was but i was young anyway on way back from pub with me da *We used to always go down get the bottle of coke for santy :D* lol sittin up on his shoulders all way home eating one of them snowballs on way *Coconut one with stuff inside* Whole way up road any noise heard in sky or any light da would be sayin thats santy haha.

Got in and The Den was on Ray Zig and Zag and Zuppy he was telling them to go to bed or santy wont come lol thats all i cant remember of it but class memory as a kid.

Yeah The Den really made Christmas special back then! Kids nowdays are too fussy, they probably wouldn't be interested in it, but I loved it anyways.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Just go to the pub.

Insulting! Watching The Den on Christmas >>>>>> pub.

• Advertisement

Yeah The Den really made Christmas special back then! Kids nowdays are too fussy, they probably wouldn't be interested in it, but I loved it anyways.

Things are just to retarded and made simple for kids now. There not aloud think for themselves anymore :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Things are just to retarded and made simple for kids now. There not aloud think for themselves anymore :rolleyes:

Is the poster being ironic? I can't tell...

Ficheall wrote: »
    Is the poster being ironic? I can't tell...

Nope :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Yeah! WTF it used to be on for about 10 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Zuppy was a legend :(

That new show is shíte, its just fùcking twitter updates from celebrities and introducing shows.

"Kim Kardashian has got new shoes according to her twitter! And now, The Simpsons."

Piss off, we want Zuppy! :D

With all the waffle there not long ago on the Ray Darcy show about The Den you think they could of brought them all back just for one year maybe brighten things up a bit !!

Id watch it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Ah the Den, I remember those days before Christmas. I remember specifically one year, Rodge and Podge kidnapping Santa and trying to ruin Christmas. But Ray D'arcy saved the day :D

Also Dustin as Ebenezer Scrooge was pretty funny as well

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Ah the Den, I remember those days before Christmas. I remember specifically one year, Rodge and Podge kidnapping Santa and trying to ruin Christmas. But Ray D'arcy saved the day :D

Also Dustin as Ebenezer Scrooge was pretty funny as well

Was thinking about that meself Podge was a scary bastard back then eyes on him lol. God id love to watch that now if only RTE kept archive footage !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

They cancelled the Den?! That's it, definitely not paying my tv licence now, that does it.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

ahh the christmas crisis. the den was one of my favourite parts of christmas, loved it!

not only did it do christmas well, but they did halloween brilliantly too.

feel sorry for the children today missing out on the likes of that

• Advertisement

• God. I miss 90's TV. It's all sh1te now.

DEADLY!!!!

Christmas Crisis :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCv4iyPqZKQ - Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SGSuWCtPm4&feature=related - Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlvyExunXAY&feature=fvw - Part 3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFue8nvckp8&feature=related - Part 4

Theres others on there to ahhhh deadly i know what im doing for next while :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭veryangryman

:eek:
    (or Ray/Francis/etc)
    :eek:

Got a bit freaked out there Dee - i never watched it after Ray quit so never heard of Francis.

So... Just thought you had unmasked me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭veryangryman

God. I miss 90's TV. It's all sh1te now.

+1

The poor children growing up today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Great memories :D

Ray D'arcy deserves an Oscar in fairness! He bought into the whole thing so much its unbelievable. It was so easy to see that later presenters were just talking to puppets, but Ray was too professional for that.

Really high quality kids tv. In multi-channel modern Ireland, we'll never see its like again.

:eek: :eek:

Got a bit freaked out there Dee - i never watched it after Ray quit so never heard of Francis.

So... Just thought you had unmasked me!

Haha, Francis was no Ray but at least he kept The Den going, all went kinda downhill then though. Ray was hands down the best presenter on it, someone should start a petition to bring him/the den back!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Haha, Francis was no Ray but at least he kept The Den going, all went kinda downhill then though. Ray was hands down the best presenter on it, someone should start a petition to bring him/the den back!

No way leave it the way it was,go down as a classic.

Still one of the funniest things I have seen in awhile.

No way leave it the way it was,go down as a classic.

Still one of the funniest things I have seen in awhile.

HAHAHA never seen that before your man couldnt hold back laughing at the kids :P

Advertisement