Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Grant Thornton

• 26-10-2015 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hey, I recently got an job offer as a graduate audit trainee for GT and wondering does anyone have any information on what its like to work there?
    And how long study time for exams do they give ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mattilio

heya101 wrote: »
    Hey, I recently got an job offer as a graduate audit trainee for GT and wondering does anyone have any information on what its like to work there?
    Hey,
    I have a friend working there and she loves the atmosphere and all, she said the people are very supportive. Regarding to study leave it will depend on qualifications you studying towards, like ACCA, ACA etc. usually a week prior the exam I think.
    Btw, I have an interview in 3 days there as well, for audit trainee. Would be able to give any tips, type of questions and all, please

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Any tips for the interview? I have one coming soon

• Registered Users Posts: 8 trainee15

Hey did you take the job? How long after your interview did it take for them to get back to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 heya101

It was two interviews. The first one about four or five days and the second interview they told me i got the job that day.

cool thanks, was it in dublin?what department?

• Advertisement

It was two interviews. The first one about four or five days and the second interview they told me i got the job that day.

Any Awkward questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Mattilio wrote: »
    Hey,
    I have a friend working there and she loves the atmosphere and all, she said the people are very supportive. Regarding to study leave it will depend on qualifications you studying towards, like ACCA, ACA etc. usually a week prior the exam I think.
    Btw, I have an interview in 3 days there as well, for audit trainee. Would be able to give any tips, type of questions and all, please

you might want to think again; a month prior to any exam would generally be contrary to Institute guidelines!

the questions were typical,
    just talk though ur cv and college experience/subjects.
    Why this position and what you know about the company and exams.

the questions were typical,
    just talk though ur cv and college experience/subjects.
    Why this position and what you know about the company and exams.

where was it you interviewed?

Dublin, you ?

• Advertisement

Dublin, you ?

I'm interviewing for Dublin tomorrow

goodluck !!!!
    Gael23 wrote: »
    I'm interviewing for Dublin tomorrow

How did your interview go?

How did your interview go?

Ok I think, I've said that many times before and haven't got the job though.
    Only sticky thing was I put on the form that I was sick for a while and it impacted my grades, which is all true and they asked me was it due to stress of college which it wasn't, it was just bad luck so I hope that won't go against me.
    At the end they talked about what office of like to work in which I think sounds positive.

Advertisement